2nd one

blah blah blah they got the masks

tahu: I feel great power! I can even hear voices from distance!

protector: Don't be fool ! It comes from your mask it's the voice of Ekimu the mask maker . He is calling you!

tahu : Why ? I thought it was end!

protector : It was just a first step . The main goal is in front of you and i can't go with you.

*tahu has a illusion*

tahu : wait! it isn't just voice.i see something!

protector : beautiful city in ruins , something horrible happened and something even worse will happen (lol summer wave)

*tahu sees LOSSes eyes and the illusion ends*

tahu : should i find Ekimu ALONE?

protector : no one can find him alone . There exists six elements that are controlled by six heroes . Let yourelf be guided by the mask . Quickly evil is getting stronger!

Edited by Krecek58

So really not a fan of the inconsistency that has become apparent between LoSS/the Skull Spiders and these new Skull villains-they look nothing alike. Obviously there was supposed to be a reason they were all 'skull' related but at the moment that irks me.

Honestly can't really see Warrior, Slicer or Basher well enough to judge them but the colourisations look interesting. They do look rather...'bare-bones' (sorry, had to :P) however.

Scorpio looks...eh. That tail irks me greatly. Also, it looks like he has a yellow Inika torso (hope he doesn't though).

Ekimu (come on, it's Ekimu people) vs. Skull Grinder definitely looks to be the best set of the wave. Ekimu looks glorious and so does Grinder. We get the Mask of Creation in all its glory too.

My question however-where is this?

bionicle2015catalogmask-1024x822.png

It was used to advertise the Summer wave and does not appear to be in these sets. Then again the quality is poor and they ARE prelims, but I sincerely hope we get that mask in this wave.

Its probably already been stated but those details match grinder check the nose holes.

I'm liking the stop motion cartoons (the humor is accessible to anyone), would love to see a movie in that style !

Ekimu seems to have POI chest build.

What's going on with the shoulders though?

And what's that on the shield?

Edited by Rayskull

2nd one

blah blah blah they got the masks

tahu: I feel great power! I can even hear voices from distance!

protector: Don't be fool ! It comes from your mask it's the voice of Ekimu the mask maker . He is calling you!

tahu : Why ? I thought it was end!

protector : It was just a first step . The main goal is in front of you and i can't go with you.

*tahu has a illusion*

tahu : wait! it isn't just voice.i see something!

protector : beautiful city in ruins , something horrible happened and something even worse will happen (lol summer wave)

*tahu sees LOSSes eyes and the illusion ends*

tahu : should i find Ekimu ALONE?

protector : no one can find him alone . There exists six elements that are controlled by six heroes . Let yourelf be guided by the mask . Quickly evil is getting stronger!

Ooh! So Ekimu is calling out to them through the Golden Masks. Very interesting!

I know there's masses of text behind but I don't like to discuss something that has already been discussed and answered.

Ekimu seems to have POI chest build.

What's going on with the shoulders though?

And what's that on the shield?

The thing on his shield is used in the Battle for Ninjago city and Cinderella's carriages as wheels. I think it's a great looking piece. And seeing that it's already been in two completely different themes and seems to do just fine in the third (Bionicle) why would they change it? I see no point.

I stated earlier I that I'm almost 100% sure how the hammer will be built. Well it looks like it was rather 20% :P

Now I can't make heads or tails of the black centre of it. It's impossible to see but I'd guess there is a gear in the middle to turn the shooter.

Also here is a screenshot of the Forge: http://i.imgur.com/6cRbJnv.jpg for whatever needs.

Its probably already been stated but those details match grinder check the nose holes.

How about the Green "Brain" piece on the Skull Grinder in the leaked photo instead of the Red one in the LegoMagazine?

Edited by jaller

Seems I couldn't get to the leaks before they were delinked, could someone PM me please? Its interesting the MoCr and The summer wave mask are on very similar pedestals.

i think that is how Ekimu told protectors about the prophecy

Edited by Krecek58

It's impossible to see but I'd guess there is a gear in the middle to turn the shooter.

You sure? It'd make more sense if the back of the hammer were turned in order to fire the front half. Of course, the way PoE's star drill is built, it's not out of the question for LEGO to put a gear in the middle. But I don't see how they could build a stable hammer with a gear there.

*Waits patiently for better pictures*

How about the Green "Brain" piece in the leaked photo instead of the Red one in the LegoMagazine?

hrmmm, I would love a green Brain piece has it been confirmed that they're using 2nd gen heads and that these skulls are masks?

Episode 6 is basically the protector of fire explaining to Tahu that they needed the golden masks to get to the ancient city as their is a prophecy about Ekimu's awakening. The mask gives Tahu a vision of the anciety city which Tahu explains to the Protector. The Protector mentions that its guarded by LoSS and explains that Tahu is not alone and reveals the other Toa's existance on the island to him. Each of the seperate Protectors presumably told the Toa to head to the ancient city also, given how they all seem to be shown travelling.

Was Ekimu ever shown wearing a Protector mask? (Prior to the prelims leak, of course.) I just re-watched the Legend trailer and he dons the Mask of Creation throughout.

Well, after the battle Ekimu fell into a deep sleep. The Protectors (Being silly) decided to bury him alive in a coffin, giving him a Golden Protector Mask. Its in one of the story animations.

Edited by Scarilian

I know there's masses of text behind but I don't like to discuss something that has already been discussed and answered.

The thing on his shield is used in the Battle for Ninjago city and Cinderella's carriages as wheels. I think it's a great looking piece. And seeing that it's already been in two completely different themes and seems to do just fine in the third (Bionicle) why would they change it? I see no point.

I stated earlier I that I'm almost 100% sure how the hammer will be built. Well it looks like it was rather 20% :P

Now I can't make heads or tails of the black centre of it. It's impossible to see but I'd guess there is a gear in the middle to turn the shooter.

Also here is a screenshot of the Forge: http://i.imgur.com/6cRbJnv.jpg for whatever needs.

Toyed around and figured it out: his chest is a mixture of POF and POI, the chest pieces are smaller and sit behind the sternum, the sternum sticks out like POI. Its going to look awesome.

Skull Warrior has a Protector shooter in trans-light blue on his bow, with black studs. Just wanna point that out. :P

My POI is getting that upgrade :)

I also saw black ball-snap extenders, currently only in dark bley

Skull Warrior also has a trans-blue torso! well all the skeletons have trans colored torsos!

Ekimu has the trans-blue shooter on his hammer!

Grinder has what appears to be a silver torso piece :D

.... but wait... I think its the ribcage thats transparent on the skellies

Edited by Rayskull

You sure? It'd make more sense if the back of the hammer were turned in order to fire the front half. Of course, the way PoE's star drill is built, it's not out of the question for LEGO to put a gear in the middle. But I don't see how they could build a stable hammer with a gear there.

*Waits patiently for better pictures*

I'm pretty that's what is going on here. In my idea you turn the trans parts to fire the shooter, which is anchored down with a pin.

Skull Warrior has a Protector shooter in trans-light blue on his bow, with black studs. Just wanna point that out. :P

Yup, I am looking forward to his bow! It looks like an awesome weapon in the making.

Interesting episodes! Ashamedly, I tried to translate the episode with Google, but it came out saying "Fair doctor who has not found the 16 years is together", so....I'm done with Google translate. :grin:

However, that is pretty interesting that Ekimu is talking to the Toa via the masks, calling them to the Ancient City. Also, the Toa apparently haven't met yet, but they'll probably meet up at the Ancient City, and then they fight LOSS. But where does the Skull Gang come in?

Edited by LN-01354

their is a prophecy about Ekimu's awakening.

Another prophecy ? (Or perhaps Ekimu uttered the prophecy about the Toa and then said something like "Oh, BTW, I will be back" with his best Schwarzenegger voice :grin: )

Interesting episodes! Ashamedly, I tried to translate the episode with Google, but it came out saying "Fair doctor who has not found the 16 years is together", so....I'm done with Google translate. :grin:

However, that is pretty interesting that Ekimu is talking to the Toa via the masks, calling them to the Ancient City. Also, the Toa apparently haven't met yet, but they'll probably meet up at the Ancient City, and then they fight LOSS. But where does the Skull Gang come in?

Quite a few things could awaken the Skull Army. Awakening Ekimu, or defeating LoSS, or trespassing on the ruined city could all be what triggers it. My bet is on the trespassing.

Edit: To me, those axe pieces look a lot like Strakk's axe and the blade pieces look a lot like Kopaka Nuva's blades.

I wonder when TTV's gonna do a discussion on the leaked images.

If they are making a dedicated video, give them some time to record it, upload it, etc. I am betting it will be be part of their next episode though.

Edited by TheDesuComplex

Ya, fun fact: We're sitting down to record it right now. Should be out Monday.

Good luck, looking forward to hear your opinions!

I have now sat down and formulated my own opinions on these sets:

Ekimu: Loving him so far. His hammer and his shield are a pleasant surprise to me, as are his legs being trans-blue! Looks as good as expected.

Skull Grinder: I kinda wish he was more beefed up, especially if he is the most elite warrior. It's good to see those trans-neon-orange 7M bones on his legs. I am not so sure about his weapons though, I might make him a saw-based weapon.

Skull Scorpio: Nice to see more trans-neon-green being used. I am not sure about this set though. Obviously it's the least favorite, and I concur with that general feeling. I will probably revamp him into a more formidable foe like I did LOSS.

Skull Basher: Love how he is also purple and black because the colors go well together, and I like that he is using a bull motif. Don't like the fact that he has the axe weapons when he iss named Basher, I will probably give him a beefy battlehammer like Chi Mungus.

Skull Slicer: I think this set is the best one to use the new bone pieces because having the thin limbs works better on him.

Skull Warrior: Loving his bow, but it is really hard to see the design of the actual figure.

I'm still holding out more solidified opinions on these sets though, because we will probably see better prototypes at Toy Fair pretty soon.

I am also excited to finally see what that March GWP is!

If anyone's interested, I dabbled in a bit of fanfiction so as to put across my headcanon answer to a question many of us have asked; Where did the Toa come from?

Read it here!

The animations seem to be starting to go somewhere. Im REALLY digging the whole Ekimus voice aspect. Really brings the mystic aspect of Bionicle in a way I had never thought of. My theory is his spirit is being kept alive in the six golden masks. I honestly think that the six combined will create the MoCr again.

The ancient city fascinates me too and I hope we see a lot of it.

Oh my, the one day I have to go to hospital and all this happens! Can't seem to find the prelims so would someone be able to PM them to me?

But look at it this way: I wouldn't pass any judgement until pics come from Nuremberg or New York (which is what I'm waiting for). The skeletal pieces people are describing sound potentially very interesting and am really looking forward to seeing some finalised versions (I don't know why, but the description of ribcages do remind me of the ribcages of 2008).

Though the torn cloth type pieces still somewhat remain a mystery, but I can see it working really well with the described skeletal pieces, if they look anything like what I am thinking of.