just2good

Winter Banner

New Winter Graphics  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new graphics and banner?

• Yes, very much!
    • I'm rather neutral
    • I'm not a fan of it (tell us what you don't like about it)
  2. 2. Do you like the increased height of our banner?

• Yes, I like it!
    • I'm rather neutral
    • No, I preferred the old height

I love the banner. I'm ambivalent about the height. Could be a bit shorter, but I think the previous one was probably too short. But it's all good. :grin:

It's winter only in the northern hemisphere, looking at the banner from a southern hemisphere country it appears weird & out of context since we are experiencing a record HOT summer.

Perhaps consider a banner ½ winter, ½ summer just like the real world- Doh, that will never happen.

Eurobricks. While indeed a global membership has arrived over the years and are most welcome I think it would be a bit odd for a summer theme when we are having winter in Europe!

I like the increased banner height. Love the facial expressions. Mrs. Claus reminds me of the look my mom gives the horses when they sneak up and take hay from her at feeding time.

I enjoy the winter banner, though I guess it is a bit weird for our fellow AFOLs from the southern hemisphere. I didnt notice the height change and Im pretty neutral about it,though its a good thing it doesnt stay at the top while scrolling down.

I am neutral about the height, I didn't realize any difference to be honest.

As for the content, well I felt it was a good attempt but not my favorite. The "snow gust" (or bad photoshop) by the second elf's arm really just bothers me. I also think the faces of the first elf and Mrs Clause don't work the best. I get the philosophy behind them, but they don't scream winter to me. I picture the reindeer as being fed cookies anyways, and even of they aren't Mrs Claus would laugh something like that off anyways.

Just my thoughts, and I like the other parts of it!

The new banner height is nice, the "old" banners in the theme forums now look very narrow in comparison. Since it scrolls away, I think the height should be no problem.

For being in an EURObrick forum, the banner looks a bit too american for my taste (however nicely made). But I understand the forum is in no way limited to Europe, and it's really hard to please all the southern, northern, western and eastern hemispheres. (4 hemispheres... strange sphere we have here)

It looks like Mrs. Claus is pissed at either the reindeer or the elf...

Steve

The winter banner looks good, and I didn't realize the increased height.

Me either. I love the faces on Mrs Santa and the overworked elf. I just changed some Winter Village elves of my own.

I like the Banner itself, but the height really makes no difference. On one hand, the old height gave the forum itself more room, on the other hand, this one allows the banner to be seen better... Eh, I could go either way. The winter banner is great though.

I didn't see at first the difference, but the height is good. I find it good if it stays this way.

In my country, people Father Christmas gives more and more presents with Christmas since the late eighties, but it is still a small business with our Saint-Nicolaas tradition (5th of december).

But I know most countries have Father Christmas as main presents giver in December, so I'm okay with it.

By the way, do I see a certain Root Administrator disguised as Christmas elf in the right corner next to the Christmas Tree?

Hinckley, Are you spying what you get from Father Christmas? :wink: