Sign in to follow this  
Scouty

The NEW 7 Wonders of the World

Hello! Well, just 20 minuets ago, the NEW 7 Wonders of the World were announced. Out of all the original 7 World Wonders, only the Great Pyramids of Egypt survive in our beautiful world. And now, here are the New Wonders

THE NEW 7 WONDERS OF THE WORLD

1. The Great Wall of China of China!

2. Petra of Jordan!

3. The Statue of Christ Redeemer of Brazil!

4. Machu Picchu of Peru!

5. Chichen Itz

the whole thing is a bit funny if you ask me... :-/

its just another chance to have a party and drink champain..

its redicilus.. :-|

and who says that THESE are the most wonderfull?

the only thing i hope for is that lego makes all of them!!!! X-D

Personally I thought the whole idea was silly so I didn't vote. If they want to do this fairly there should be at least two categories, such as;

1. Post 1900

2. The rest

Or better still...

1. Post 1900

2. Post 1000

3. Pre 0

Comparing the Coliseum to the Sydney Opera House is just plain silly.

(Attitude Off)

Edited by Sinner

I thought the whole point of the original seven wonders of the world was that there were no other man made creations like them? At this point in the game it's a little silly to limit the "wonders of the world" to a ridiculously tiny list of seven.

And if I'm reading this right, the fact that people even had to vote just goes to show that we shouldn't limit the list to seven.

I am surprised that the list didn't leave the Pyramids in. I would have definitly left them in. The fact that after 3000 years, they are still standing. I find this the most fascinating along with the Colosseum. Especially since only a handful of buildings in the US have been around for probably 300 years. The US culture is a tear-down the old, rebuild new concept.

I am surprised that the list didn't leave the Pyramids in. I would have definitly left them in.

I would have too. One of the many reasons why I think this list is silly.

This list is total b.s.! :-| I agree with Mr. Syedow, there are so many wonderful monuments/wonders in the world that the list should be alot bigger than 7. Total silliness if you ask me |-/ *n*

Why not just go ahead and list all the wonders of the world? :-|

8. Lego X-D

Edited by zouave

the only thing i hope for is that lego makes all of them!!!! X-D

That would be nice, we already had a statue of Freedom and the Eiffeltower.

And a good reason to come with a great tan Pyramide. :-)

I also think there are these times so much wonders of the world, we could better have a top 100, or 500.

Errr, and why exactly did they remove the Pyrramids?? And why did they change the number to 8?

Doesn't seem to make any sense to me at all... Especially because there are people who think the pyramids were made by Aliens, wich would make me think it would stay in the list...

Mr Tiber

they left the pyramids out of the final list? weird... a while back they said they would leave the pyramids in there whatever happens because of their importance to humanity...

i did vote a few weeks back and i'm glad to see some of them in there, even though i can't remember all 7 i voted for. The temple of Angkor didn't make it, which is a shame, still, i'm sooooo happy the eiffeltower isn't in there. The french already have enough patriotism, no need to encourage that even more...

oh well...

they left the pyramids out of the final list? weird... a while back they said they would leave the pyramids in there whatever happens because of their importance to humanity...

I think they did so because they are one of the 7 "Aincent" Wonders of the world...

One thing one has to ask himself is: "do you know the concept behind the 7 wonders of the world?"

Most people don't... The 7 wonders of the world could be considered the first tourist guide in the world, created by Herodotus, a greek philosopher... He elected the 7 greatest wonders of the world of his time. They were:

The Pyramids - Egypt

The Collossus - Rhodes

The Hanging Gardens - Babylon

The Statue of Zeus - Olympia

The Great Lighthouse - Alexandria

The Mausoleum of Halicarnassus - Bodrum

The Temple of Artemis - Ephesus

These were the greatest achievements of their time, in human construction of course...

The only survivour today is the Pyramids, that still hold against time 5000 years later (!) because it was one of the "ancient" ones, it was not added to this voting.

The choice of only 7 was to make the same number as the ancient ones...

These 7 wonders election was made by voting, mostly online... So we cannot consider it an imparcial thing ot that people only voted once(!).

Plus, mixing Eiffel Tower with Stonehenge with the Opera of Sidney with Taj Mahal is less than... stupid! :P

As someone said before, they should be divided in 3, or at least 2 categories: Ancient times (<1500ad) and modern times (>1500ad), voting 7 for each of the categories.

The Statue of Christ Redeemer is the best example of what a non-imparcial vote can do... I guess there were more brazilians busy voting in their icon (which, comparing to others, no offense...it's just not that special) than anyone else, so it was elected... but put it asideof the wall of China... Please!

To me this show was just a "show-off", one more, done in Portugal. I am portuguese, and honestly... There was no "advantage" of making it here, it's just another show... QUITE EXPENSIVE by the way: 150