SirBlake

Latest CMF series impact on Historic themes

2 hours ago, SirBlake said:

Very well said. I was hoping for a Lion archer in this series, but this is certainly just as good if not better. Now about that Lion archer…

Series 25. . . 

7 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Black Falcon archer comparison: 

52601468434_c944b28c2a_o.jpg

52600714212_a29b460e50_o.jpg

I love it! They’re just so good. 

I like the quiver and kettle helm setup. I’m thinking that’s where I’ll end up with a lot of mine too, but in dark pearl grey. 

30 minutes ago, SirBlake said:

I love it! They’re just so good. 

I know! 👍

30 minutes ago, SirBlake said:

I like the quiver and kettle helm setup. I’m thinking that’s where I’ll end up with a lot of mine too, but in dark pearl grey. 

I would use PDG for the Black Falcons, but the armour and helmets are too rare/expensive, and it would make the weapons stand out jarringly. Flat silver still looks good, though, since the torsos and legs have silver chainmail accents. 

BTW, I just noticed that the orc jaw piece fits the double pauldron armour without any tightness/resistance, so that should give some more options for orc armies. Also, the head from the Series 13 CMF goblin looks great on the new orc (when used with the jaw), in case you want some diversity amongst your orcs (or just to be able to use the jaw and the printed head). 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

I posted pics on my Instagram (sirblakebricks), but I found that you can sandwich a quiver between the two loops of the cape on the falconer. It looks really good!

5 hours ago, SirBlake said:

I posted pics on my Instagram (sirblakebricks), but I found that you can sandwich a quiver between the two loops of the cape on the falconer. It looks really good!

That is one option I will try because it still hides the quiver , but doesnt affect the cape 

This was the solution I did without pressing against the fabric.20230104_204743.jpg

32 minutes ago, cehnot said:

That is one option I will try because it still hides the quiver , but doesnt affect the cape 

This was the solution I did without pressing against the fabric.

That's pretty good too. I just figured that since this is the flexible fabric kind (as opposed to the kind of cape that feels like paper and can crease), and the original fig's red princess hair presses on it too, this wouldn't be too bad.

52608157565_3a2b95375a_b.jpg

52608231828_c53384c1e0_b.jpg

On 1/1/2023 at 9:11 PM, Classic_Spaceman said:

Black Falcon archer comparison: 

52601468434_c944b28c2a_o.jpg

Very nice!

Out of curiosity, where is that third face from? I don't recognize it but the little smile is SO funny.

25 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

Very nice!

Out of curiosity, where is that third face from? I don't recognize it but the little smile is SO funny.

Looks like Carrot guy from the new CMF24

14 minutes ago, natesroom said:

I cant find the new CMF at Kohls, walmart or target

I’ve found them in two Targets and both had them stocked at the register, but not all registers. One Target brought me the box from the back and it was plain cardboard, full of loose bags, not the usual printed box. I counted over 70 bags in that box. 

Been seeing a video online that talked about the bags being sorted in a particular order.  Anyone know if this is confirmed to be true or not, in their experience or otherwise?  Seems like the Falconer and Orc are on the right side of the box.

1 hour ago, Triceron said:

Been seeing a video online that talked about the bags being sorted in a particular order.  Anyone know if this is confirmed to be true or not, in their experience or otherwise?  Seems like the Falconer and Orc are on the right side of the box.

They tend to be if they come in the branded box, but if you’re not the first person to go through it, odds of it staying in that order are pretty slim. 

For those that have found these in USA Target or Wal*Mart: Have you been able to locate them in the app or website, or just get lucky finding the inventory in store?

3 hours ago, Follows Closely said:

For those that have found these in USA Target or Wal*Mart: Have you been able to locate them in the app or website, or just get lucky finding the inventory in store?

I've just found them in the store. So far, only Target, and only on pegs by the register.

Where specifically i look at all the registers and nothing so i go all the way to the end where they have the magic cards, pokemon, sports cards etc and nothing there either,

20 minutes ago, natesroom said:

Where specifically i look at all the registers and nothing so i go all the way to the end where they have the magic cards, pokemon, sports cards etc and nothing there either,

In both Targets I saw, they were opposite the actual register, surrounded by snacks.

Just a generic photo I snagged from the internet, but the area next to this guy in the blue shirt & tie. One store had them on the top level, one store had them on the bottom near the floor.

target-registers.jpg?quality=65&strip=al

17 hours ago, Lyichir said:

17 hours ago, Triceron said:

Correct! 👍

18 hours ago, Triceron said:

Thanks! It really looks great in a helmet!

1 hour ago, natesroom said:

At my Target there's an area near the front doors where cheap seasonal things tend to be located—I found the CMFs there.

Edited by Lyichir

I finally found some in my local Kohls. I did not notice that the archer does not have a quiver till I put it together.

Spoiler

yclmojdmmy4v.jpg

Edited by Follows Closely
added image

No targets around me had any and the one lego store I went to only had one box.  I was able to pick up 2 trolls and one zoo guy for the koala.  Gave the second troll to my youngest son for his collection.  Hoping to find more soon.  Walmart didn't restock yet.  Maybe I will try barnes and noble tomorrow.  

On 1/2/2023 at 2:52 AM, Classic_Spaceman said:

Also, the head from the Series 13 CMF goblin looks great on the new orc (when used with the jaw), in case you want some diversity amongst your orcs (or just to be able to use the jaw and the printed head). 

Great tip! Thank you. In true orkish style, I have stolen your idea for my orc on the right...

orcs_cmf_s24.jpg