Rayskull

Bionicle Protector Alternate Builds

Looks nice!

Rayskull: I tried your first new build and it looked good. I'll have to try the new one once I get Protector of Water (I'm out of the small skeleton pieces :grin: )

I applied a modified version of Rayskull's design to PoS using the parts I had on hand. It looks pretty good, actually. There's just one problem: the Protector's reach isn't much further than its own chest.

Ah, I will also have to try it, as the other way to do it (as on the PoF) I don't have enough of all the right parts for.

Many thanks again!

Just modded my Protector of Water. The first attempt wasn't very successful, but the second attempt looks very nice. The backpack juts out a bit (and could probably be fixed to look better and be functional with a thin technic liftarm). But other than that, I didn't change much other than colors/bones. I did make the weapon a bit wider than the original so it's easier to hold.

16688052766_795aa031a7_z.jpg

(2nd Attempt)

I found an alternate design which uses Glatorian necks :

16627251975_e3b359c47a_z.jpg

Would there not be a collision between the upper two ball joints of the XT4 torso and the shoulder assembly? It looks as though it would not fit flush against the body.

Edited by The Kumquat Alchemist

Nope. I used it to fix some stability issues with my MOD of PoS, and it fits perfectly. The shoulder assembly only touches the bit with the semi-axles and the pin holes.

Nope. I used it to fix some stability issues with my MOD of PoS, and it fits perfectly. The shoulder assembly only touches the bit with the semi-axles and the pin holes.

No, TKA is right, I just checked and there's a little gap (but almost unnoticeable, that's why I never saw it before haha) between the shoulder assembly and the torso because these parts touch the balljoints.

Here's a more "legal" solution :

gallery_7500_290_22792.png

I literally just made this a few hours ago because I didn't have the connector piece used in the first one xD This one indeed is a bit simpler than the previous version. :P

-Iben

How about a Toa with a protector torso?

Here's my build, just a concept for now, but I like where this could go.

Fits the chima ulltrabuild torso perfectly...with other masks though.

concept1.png

concept3.png

I concept2.png

I'm more or less looking for a better complementary color, I don't think Red compliments bright orange, maybe black.... not sure.

Edited by Rayskull

I got it March 1st with a purchase at the Lego Store. I think Lego is missing an opportunity here, I would buy several masks separately if offered in different trans colors.

The build is new for me though, what do think?

Edited by Rayskull

I really like it. You did a great job of making him look armored, but agile. The shoulders are fantastic, and I think the color scheme works well :classic:

Thanks, he's super fun to tinker with because the gearbox function is completely unhindered.

I have another slight modification for the original mod coming tonight. It restores neck poseability while remaining super secure.

Off to work.

Edited by Rayskull

Alright I finished taking pictures of this mod.

This may be unnecessary additional complexity, but I like my builds to be durable above all else, so if you're in my camp, I think you'll appreciate this.

Basically I moved the horizontal shoulder stabilizing lift arms back a bit from the neck to allow for full neck poseability (only possible due to newish single socket bushing piece (black).

I'll start this with a shot of my POI's back:

You might notice the difference right away but if not, I have more pictures.

ice_1.jpg

Off with the arms and head-

ice2.jpg

Shoulders removed-

ice3.jpg

Those missing shoulders:

ice4.jpg

This guy is using the same build-

nature10.jpg

Sharing this pic for no reason-

nature11.jpg

Edited by Leewan
Resized pictures (800*600px max)

nature10.jpg

nature11.jpg

This guy right here. I dig him immensely. Saw him on Brickshelf yesterday, and fell in love.

Alright I finished taking pictures of this mod.

This may be unnecessary additional complexity, but I like my builds to be durable above all else, so if you're in my camp, I think you'll appreciate this.

Basically I moved the horizontal shoulder stabilizing lift arms back a bit from the neck to allow for full neck poseability (only possible due to newish single socket bushing piece (black).

I'll start this with a shot of my POI's back:

You might notice the difference right away but if not, I have more pictures.

*snip*

Off with the arms and head-

*snip*

Shoulders removed-

*snip*

Those missing shoulders:

*snip*

*snip*

*snip*

Holy mother of Ekimu.

That Protector of Jungle is GLORIOUS. I need to do that to mine...

Edited by Leewan
Removed quoted pictures

Nice mods and MOC's as always Rayskull!

I decided to make a Protector "leader" using your original torso build, and it turned out really well so I thought I'd share it and add it to this topic. The build actully works really well for mounting Furno XL's cape onto them I found :classic:

16835408691_2aec676c5e_z.jpg

The Stone Protector Leader by TheOneVeyronian, on Flickr

Nice mods and MOC's as always Rayskull!

I decided to make a Protector "leader" using your original torso build, and it turned out really well so I thought I'd share it and add it to this topic. The build actully works really well for mounting Furno XL's cape onto them I found :classic:

16835408691_2aec676c5e_z.jpg

The Stone Protector Leader by TheOneVeyronian, on Flickr

That looks fantastic! I really like the cape and the staff. Nice shoulder armor!