Bob De Quatre

AG - M.A.N.T.I.S. Training Camp

Transferring 75 credits to Lady K.

Welcome Explorer Little John your top secret security clearance will be awarded as communication aboard the Galactric Transport Train permits. (Cell service available).

Massi Editoro signing on for M.A.N.T.I.S. special operation forces!

[begin audio log]

What a night. Started off as normal as usual, a few hard drinks, a little spice from the Kush Galaxy, and I was ready to hit the nightclubs. Just as I was leaving my PDA buzzed. It showed a restricted number. Right then and there I had a feeling that things we're about to change, and that clubbing would be the last thing on my mind this evening.

I answered. The voice on the other end was instantly recognizable. Little John, that old star dog. He and I went way back, fought a lot of battles and not always on the same side. But he was a fine man by any M.A.N.T.I.S. standard - that is, he'd do whatever it took to line his pocket with gold. If there was one man who knew anything about space exploration, it was this old scoundrel. Name a place and he'd probably been there. Except perhaps in Andromeda, and I knew that's exactly why he called.

I'd told myself I'd never work for M.A.N.T.I.S. again, not after the incident on LV426. But Little John always had a way of persuading others to do something, even if it was against their better judgement. He needed a partner, someone who knew how to get in, do a lot of damage and get out without anyone knowing. Maybe it was the drinks, but I couldn't argue his point that I was the best man for the job. Besides, as Little John said, it would be better for Andromeda to fall into M.A.N.T.I.S. hands than those goody-two-shoe Octans or the arrogant Kawashitas. He and I might as well get rich in the process. I sure wasn't doing anything here, besides squandering the pitiful money I earned as a bouncer. I'd about sold everything I had, and the landlord would probably kick me out if he missed rent again. Little John was right, I didn't any option but to say yes.

That was 12 hours ago, and I've sobered up. Now I'm on a ship rocketing off to some unknown planet in hopes that Octan or Kawashita forces haven't arrived first. God knows what's down there, but I guess we'll find out soon enough. Just glad I didn't pawn off this old rifle.

[End transmission]

18486648132_cf1fce74e4_n.jpg

Edited by MassEditor

Dr.Arkov reporting! I will soon add my first build for the proud M.A.N.T.I.S. Corporation after some real life business once I get my towel packed and take the first flight for Linopeia III.

Welcome all new recruits to M.A.N.T.I.S. !

I will be evaluating your training progress to award your top secret security clearances. For those who are under 10 training cycles please increase your rate of training (need 10 posts to join in PM discussions). The Council Of Five is very pleased to have all of you joining us with your specialized talents.

Mark of Orion reporting for duty!

And, uhh... Where's the clock-in? :wink:

Massi Editoro signing on for M.A.N.T.I.S. special operation forces!

[begin audio log]

What a night. Started off as normal as usual, a few hard drinks, a little spice from the Kush Galaxy, and I was ready to hit the nightclubs. Just as I was leaving my PDA buzzed. It showed a restricted number. Right then and there I had a feeling that things we're about to change, and that clubbing would be the last thing on my mind this evening.

I answered. The voice on the other end was instantly recognizable. Little John, that old star dog. He and I went way back, fought a lot of battles and not always on the same side. But he was a fine man by any M.A.N.T.I.S. standard - that is, he'd do whatever it took to line his pocket with gold. If there was one man who knew anything about space exploration, it was this old scoundrel. Name a place and he'd probably been there. Except perhaps in Andromeda, and I knew that's exactly why he called.

I'd told myself I'd never work for M.A.N.T.I.S. again, not after the incident on LV426. But Little John always had a way of persuading others to do something, even if it was against their better judgement. He needed a partner, someone who knew how to get in, do a lot of damage and get out without anyone knowing. Maybe it was the drinks, but I couldn't argue his point that I was the best man for the job. Besides, as Little John said, it would be better for Andromeda to fall into M.A.N.T.I.S. hands than those goody-two-shoe Octans or the arrogant Kawashitas. He and I might as well get rich in the process. I sure wasn't doing anything here, besides squandering the pitiful money I earned as a bouncer. I'd about sold everything I had, and the landlord would probably kick me out if he missed rent again. Little John was right, I didn't any option but to say yes.

That was 12 hours ago, and I've sobered up. Now I'm on a ship rocketing off to some unknown planet in hopes that Octan or Kawashita forces haven't arrived first. God knows what's down there, but I guess we'll find out soon enough. Just glad I didn't pawn off this old rifle.

[End transmission]

18486648132_cf1fce74e4_n.jpg

Special Forces operative Dave Daring (many call me "Double D") reporting and prepared for M.A.N.T.I.S. domination.

18305054700_5e37311a9b_n.jpg

Dave Daring by David FNJ, on Flickr

Dr.Arkov reporting! I will soon add my first build for the proud M.A.N.T.I.S. Corporation after some real life business once I get my towel packed and take the first flight for Linopeia III.

Driver Isaac Redsyn ready to get to work:

18501862681_60e298c6c2_z.jpg

Mission: T3DDY complete.

On the good side of things, Kawashita won't be using any of those artifacts against the Glorious Mother M.A.N.T.I.S.!

On the bad side of things...neither will we be using any of them on Kawashita...

Nice work, everyone! Looks like we've safely taken B04, and gotten a few points on some other planets too. Especially nice to see all these great builds from the new recruits, and the builds with Myra in them :thumbup::sweet:

Ace Jagjit, Special Forces Operative reporting for M.A.N.T.I.S.

18589103146_8fdb119f95_n.jpg

Welcome to M.A.N.T.I.S Special Forces operative Ace Jagjit! Your top secret security clearance should be awarded shortly. As our special forces are growing in number, we now have seven operatives :devil:, we can plan for more........special reports involving helping the other corporations move in the opposite direction of galactic domination......

I was thinking about the current branch system for the corporations and i think it might be more useful if there was a branch for each job. Each specialty could elect a leader for their branch and then there would be a kind of advisory council/stand in when necessary for the CEO. In MANTIS this could be the actual council of Five

I was thinking about the current branch system for the corporations and i think it might be more useful if there was a branch for each job. Each specialty could elect a leader for their branch and then there would be a kind of advisory council/stand in when necessary for the CEO. In MANTIS this could be the actual council of Five

Like it. :thumbup:

*Submits vote that one of the Special Forces branches be named the X-Agents.*

Like it. :thumbup:

*Submits vote that one of the Special Forces branches be named the X-Agents.*

Thanks Lind. What does everyone else think?

I'm game :)

Field agent G joining up with M.A.N.T.I.S. as an explorer! You all better watch out! Into the wilds! A new frontier! Etc...

18723850331_59fc348101_n.jpg