Sign in to follow this  
def

mafia School- The Cosplay Party: Day Four - Times Fly

Have we given up completely on Captain Settle? Was there some evidence that disproved him being scum?

Was there any evidence that he is scum? And your not addressing the fact that Mencot listed you as possible scum.

At the least he's a bandwagon-jumper; at the worst, scum.

Yes he votes with the majority, but I don't see a lot of bandwagoning in his playing style.

I will most likely vote for Captain Settle. I looked at all of the voting records, and all he literally did was roll along with the band wagon. Plus, he never talks that much, and didn't give any unique reasons to lynch any of these people. He contributes practically nothing to the investigations, and he usually escapes getting lynched by saying nothing, and just letting someone else take the rap. Since there might be 3 scum left, it is most likely that there is a really quiet one who is still alive.

Vote: Captain Settle(Captain Settle)

He is quiet, that's true. However I'm concerned with the fact that a bandwagon is forming against him already. Jluck stated in post#20 above that we have places to look for evidence, not just random accusations. I believe we may have three scum, I also believe that the quiet scum have been removed. Richila was very quiet and low post, Lord Duvors posted more but still nothing of real substance.

The remaining scum will be active in town. The godfather, which I believe we have, will be very strong and possibly leading the town. Lord Duvors had no chance of being saved a second time so his scum buddies sacrificed him.

Brickelodean, you too are not addressing the fact that Mencot felt you were possible scum. Both you and XM responded by going after Captain Settle instead.

Mencot didn't give a reason for his list. I know I'm seeming pretty suspicious, but anyone can suspect people, you need evidence for it to work.

Mencot didn't give a reason for his list. I know I'm seeming pretty suspicious, but anyone can suspect people, you need evidence for it to work.

I asked a simple non accusatory question and you responded defensively. Admitting your suspicious. Saying I'll need evidence for it to work? Are you suggesting I should look for evidence against you?

*Facepalms*

You can look for evidence against me if you want, but as we have learned, there is evidence against almost everyone. I was not responding in a defensive manner toward you question, I was saying that Mencot thought I was suspicious, that's why he listed me as possible scum.

The reason I've been inactive is because I was quite busy and now I'm less busy. Besides, my day 1 posts were mainly fluff so... :blush:

Ok, so since nothing is happening out here I decided to go back through my mencot thread and look for relavent info. Here are two posts, both made at the end of day 3 as we discussed day 4 plans. Please note I've edited out anything that would give away roles of those still alive.

Brickilodean-Bland to slight scum

Lind whisperer- Odd ball, could be scum

Stickfig-slight, medium scum still no clue

Xenophobic-slight scum

Looking through the voting pattern Strickfig provided XM and Brickilodean are two we should observe extra closely.

Cutcobra stands also out in his voting a bit and also Lind Whisper who stands out with his odd voting and being the most vocal of us all so far.

19 players totalLets say 4 scum

Richila (dead)

Normal common town roles

1 Cop (town)

1 Vig (town)

1 doctor (town) Jamesn (dead)

1 role blocker (town)

Then we have also:1 Miller (town) Mencot

Maybe a watcher or a tracker (town)

Then the rest would be vanilla townie (about 9-10, depending if there was a watcher/tracker)

DEAD TOWNIES (that hasn´t got an proved town role)

Mostlytechnic

Scavola

Stinky Dave

Probably someone in the dead townies had a power role, but we can´t now that now. And I don´t think we have any 3rd party Serial killers but it is a possibility one in the list could be.

To all those accusing Settle of Bandwagoning: remind me what happened yesterday? Yes, it got a scum killed, but it seemed incredibly rushed. The scum voted for Duvors, we know that, they had to of. The list of individuals who voted for Duvors is a vital piece of evidence that we should go over.

Ok, we gotta put some votes together. I'm working off of this assumption to start with:

Looking through the voting pattern Strickfig provided XM and Brickilodean are two we should observe extra closely.

So I will be looking at xenophobic and brickelodeon today. First off, both expressed suspicion of mencot yesterday (posts 5 & 13). Brickelodeon posted 12 times while XM only posted 4 times. Both voted later for lord Duvors, after the wagon started. Brickelodeon voted 5th while XM voted 7. Here are their votes:

XM said:

Lord Duvors probably has some good reason for not being on, but seeing as there's not really a better candidate I will cast my vote for him.

Vote: Lord Duvors

Brickelodeon said:

I will also vote for Duvors. I stated my suspicions of him earlier, and I will stick to him rather than some of the other people I suspect.

Vote: Lord Duvors(Lord Duvors)

Oour guy has to be right there, or possibly even both of them. The main thing that bothers me is where their votes fall, scum like to hide votes in the middle of a pack. Since Duvors was scum we now know, it is unlikely that the scum would want to start his lynch, but they don't want to stand out by voting at the end. So a vote around the 4-7 area is a great scum location. What do you guys think? I'm all for lynching either one of them!

Here is a bit of defense for myself. I had posted this earlier in the thread:

Here is a bit of speculation guys. Scaevola had voted for Lord Duvors twice, and had changed her vote twice to get a lynch. Could it be that Duvors saw that she was dead set on lynching him, and knew that he needed to get rid of her?

Which is a pretty logical thing to say, and it put Duvors in the spotlight. Why would I do that if I were scum? It would be like killing one of my teammates when he wasn't even in danger. Also, Duvors later said he was suspicious of me, an obvious attempt to shift the bandwagon onto someone else. You could argue that he was trying to make me seem more town-like after he turned up scum, but if that was his goal he did a really crappy job of it.

I also said that I would not vote for Mencot because of his heading up the lynching of Dave. If I was scum, I would try to find ANY reason to kill someone innocent.

I will most likely vote for Captain Settle. I looked at all of the voting records, and all he literally did was roll along with the band wagon. Plus, he never talks that much, and didn't give any unique reasons to lynch any of these people. He contributes practically nothing to the investigations, and he usually escapes getting lynched by saying nothing, and just letting someone else take the rap. Since there might be 3 scum left, it is most likely that there is a really quiet one who is still alive.

Vote: Captain Settle(Captain Settle)

So I will be looking at xenophobic and brickelodeon today....

I've reviewed XenoMono, Brickelodeon, and CapnSettle's posts... here are the posts that I think are interesting (could indicate scum).

XenoMono:

Complex may have been the wrong word. It's just that millers usually aren't in mafia school games. It's not like there couldn't be one.

Either way, this discussion is in the past.

Yep, this discussion is in the past... Mencot was a townie, now he's dead. Are you sure there's no miller in this Mafia school? Maybe if more of the town had trusted Mencot like I did, and apparently JLuck, we'd all have more information to go on now.

I definitely think Stinkydave is suspect, but I'm not ready to cast my vote for him yet. At the moment, I would say he and Captain Settle look the most suspicious. I'm mainly trying to figure out why the scum would consider mostlytechnic a threat?

Hmmm, yes, just make sure the bandwagon confirms that Stinky Dave is going down before you vote for him... don't want it to look like you're pushing too hard. (At this point, the vote was Captain Settle 3, Stinky Dave 5.)

Lord Duvors probably has some good reason for not being on, but seeing as there's not really a better candidate I will cast my vote for him.

Hmmm, don't want to vote for your scum buddy, huh.

3 town for every 1 scum, correct? Or is it 4?

And dear lord... Both Mencot and Lind Whisperer were town. And they were high on my suspicions list.

It's good that we got Duvors, but he was obvious. I believe there should only be one or two scum left, however.

If your math is right, there should be 4 or 5 scum... 2 are dead, which means 2 or 3 are left... once again, you're creating confusion.

Brickelodeon

Thanks for that list Hulk. I think I will change my vote here. I see that everyone has decided to let Spidey live, I suppose that I will as well. I am inclined to vote for Lord Duvors now as that would seemingly get the job done more quickly, however, I am noting that Jamesn has not spoken in a while, and he is either basking in the relief of having someone else take the blame, or just not at his keyboard. This whole wagon against Duvors seems to have been started by the pirate, and as I am seemingly at odds with the pirate for the time being, I will switch my vote to Jamesn. I would be happy to hear him say something in his defense though. Why not speak up Jamesn?

Unvote: Goliath(Goliath

Vote: Jamesn(Jamesn)

Here's some Day One bandwagon voting.

This sounds silly, but maybe there are some clues in the actual post that Dr. Def made. Now, I am not pointing any fingers, but here goes:

Who would have access to a droid from Star-Wars? Only a Star-Wars character such as Obi-Was, Princess Lea, or Luke Skywalker, right?

Supposing it wasn't a real droid that zapped him, who would be small enough to fit in a droid costume? Only a small animal such as a Raccoon, Rocket Raccoon.

This is pure confusion.

It's time to get someone mad at me! Mencot, here is a theory on you:

You are scum. You received a PM from Def telling you who all of your scum buddies are, and you noticed that there was no Godfather. You, being an experienced player, decided that there would most likely be no Miller either. You then told the entire world that YOU are the Miller, hoping to gain a lot of trust, and protect you from investigation. In your past experiences, you know that the Miller claim is usually legitimate, so you are just using it to your advantage.

Okay, there it is. I'm ready for the flame now (because scum usually defend themselves by accusing others). Now this doesn't mean I'm going to vote for you, I was just thinking too much last night.

More "I don't believe the Miller claim."

Cap'n Settle

Vote: SpiderMan(Goliath)

I don't think anyone seemed particularly scummy, but Goliaths constant suspicions of random players for no good reason seemed a bit odd, almost like he was trying really hard to make us think he's town.

Sorry, didn't see defs post about not saying Spider-Man.

This was the 6th vote for Goliath.

Unvote: Goliath

At this point, Goliath had 5 votes (4 after CapnSettle unvoted) and it was the 4th vote for Lord Duvors.

I pointed these two out earlier... lots of bandwagon jumping.

By sharing info with a trusted townie we can start to build a team effort to get rid of the scum. A miller is a trusted townie, we have to work together on this. Scum know who is who.

But we don't know if Mencot is the miller. He probably is, but there's no way for most of us to be certain.

Here's another one, trying to push us away from trusting Mencot.

Well as Dave was town, I reckon Duvors may also be town. I'm more suspicious of Mencotnnow though.

*Mencot now

Well, he did eventually vote for Duvors, but this might be an early attempt to defend his scum friends, before Duvors doomed himself.

All three have said they were suspicious of Mencot, and all three have voted (somewhat) along the bandwagon. Anyone want to respond to these?

What do you mean "don't wanna vote for my scum buddy"? I voted for Duvors yesterday, and in case you couldn't remember, he was scum.

It seems like you've been acting strangely lately, and here you are causing fear and confusion among the town.

Vote: StickFig

I may change my vote later on, should a better candidate come up, but for now he seems pretty suspicious/accusatory.

Personally, I find Brickelodeon the most suspicious of the bunch. She fits the description of voting for Duvors at a point of not looking suspicious, but not really claiming why in her vote post besides "I've already explained why". Looking back, your argument on day three was less argumentative and more speculation. In fact, just about everything you tossed around was speculation, you never really got on the offensive or the defensive, just made "suggestions". When you talked about Dave back on day 2, you said he wasn't scummy, but if he did turn up scum, and if we kill him, it'd be good for clarification. How bass awkward can you get? I find this incredibly low key and a way for you to fly under the radar, and your thoughts on there being hints in the images was less than productive. It's clear you're not trying to look suspicious, but you've still caused a fair amount of confusion. I also think it was you who pointed out a reason for the scum to kill mostlytechnic first. How exactly did you have such an acute response? Unlike the rest of your speculative theories, this one seems pretty straight, which I find really odd.

Vote: Brickelodeon

So, on risk of seeming overly defensive here:

I also think it was you who pointed out a reason for the scum to kill mostlytechnic first. How exactly did you have such an acute response? Unlike the rest of your speculative theories, this one seems pretty straight, which I find really odd.

So when I seemingly am being "not helpful" I get accused of being scum. Now I am being accused of being scum because I was helpful. This is why the scum is winning guys! We are just killing ourselves. I have had a couple of theories that are right on, Duvor's reason for killing Scaevola being one of them. Many people agreed with me that the scum would most likely kill the sharpest thinker, it wasn't a total me-thing.

but you've still caused a fair amount of confusion

I was just trying to think outside the box, that's how I figured we could get the scum when they weren't ready. Dr. Def never specified that the pictures weren't clues, and this is my first mafia game so I wanted to pay attention to everything.

I missed out on a lot yesterday, didn't I?

So, on risk of seeming overly defensive here:

So when I seemingly am being "not helpful" I get accused of being scum. Now I am being accused of being scum because I was helpful. This is why the scum is winning guys! We are just killing ourselves. I have had a couple of theories that are right on, Duvor's reason for killing Scaevola being one of them. Many people agreed with me that the scum would most likely kill the sharpest thinker, it wasn't a total me-thing.

And how do you know this? I don't think it was ever announced that Lord Duvors actually killed Scaevola unless you and your mafioso buddies discussed to kill her.

Vote: Brickelodeon

I was using Lord Duvors as a general term for the scum. It was he who was in danger, so it would be he who would want her dead.

I was using Lord Duvors as a general term for the scum. It was he who was in danger, so it would be he who would want her dead.

But you said "I have a couple of theories that are right on", did this mean you knew that the reason Scaevola died was because of Lord Duvors?

My theory was that Duvors is scum because Scaevola was suspicious of him.

But just like Goliath said, "Duvors reason for killing Scaevola being one of them." How do you know this is true then?

Umm... She voted for him twice. It was obvious she wanted him dead. He had to kill her before she killed him.

Well, I guess that could've happened but it hasn't been proven yet, and you said that theory was right on, which makes you look like if you know something else that we don't.

I'm looking up on all three, and yet, I don't see why people are jumping on Brickelodeon now when she's actually giving logical reasons. She may seem scummy among you, but to me she's no scummier than Captain Settle or Xenophobic.

Well, I guess that could've happened but it hasn't been proven yet, and you said that theory was right on, which makes you look like if you know something else that we don't.

Do you have any other theory? If you have then we'll be glad to hear it, but if not then give me a reason why Brickelodeon's theory isn't good.

From the voting patterns I looked at both XM and Brickelodeon voted the same, usually with in one or two votes of each other. The same goes for un voting. Captain Settle voted with the majority but he didn't follow the bandwagon jumping.

There for my vote is:

Vote: Brickelodeon(Brickelodeon)

Do you have any other theory? If you have then we'll be glad to hear it, but if not then give me a reason why Brickelodeon's theory isn't good.

No, I don't, but she said they were right on, even though it still hasn't been proven yet.

LazyChicken..... You are taking my wording and making something out of it that I didn't intend. I was right on with saying that Duvors was scum. But I have no proof that that was the reason Scaevola was killed.

Here is something that I want to point out. Everyone is voting for me because I am defending myself, what is Xenophobic Monoxide doing? He hasn't said a word since this whole thing started, and everyone seems to have forgotten he exists. I am not saying he is scum,but I don't like having everyone vote for me by default. So far I have given some pretty good (in my humble opinion) reasons why I am not scum. Why don't you say something to defend yourself now Xeno?