gylman

Latest updates on LEGO set sales

TRU is currently running a Buy 1, Get 1 50% deal for LEGO, however TRU does a 20% mark up on their LEGO sets, but you're really getting only a 30% off deal?

In general the Tru sale would mean you are saving 33.3% on your total, with the mark up its like 20% off the total. More worth it on big sets or collectable minifigs (which the mark up is 20 cents). On Castle and other original non-TV series lines, the mark up is not as bad, but I don't buy the LOTR or Ninjago at TRU no matter the sale.

I did some math on 2 sets I'd like to get, 42008 & 42006. TRU has them marked up $10 each. If I purchase both, I save $26 compare to buying straight from Lego S@H. Sale ends on 28th...

Toys N' Bricks is reporting some interesting clearance sales at K-Mart. I managed to get the 2013 Star Wars Advent Calendar (yes, THIS year's calendar with Jango) for $18.00 US (55% off), and the City Advent Calendar for $13.50 (same). That's better than the after-Christmas sale.

They did have the Friends Advent Calendar, but for full price. Boo.

Toys N' Bricks is reporting some interesting clearance sales at K-Mart. I managed to get the 2013 Star Wars Advent Calendar (yes, THIS year's calendar with Jango) for $18.00 US (55% off), and the City Advent Calendar for $13.50 (same). That's better than the after-Christmas sale.

They did have the Friends Advent Calendar, but for full price. Boo.

Is that in store only?

Blain's Farm and Fleet has really done a good job this year.

Sales through Tuesday (Price in parenthesis is TLG price)

Chi Worriz or Chi Cragger $9.89 ($14.99)

Coast Guard Helicopter $27.89 ($39.99)

Fire Truck, Flatbed Truck or cement mixer $12.89 ($19.99)

Creator Treehouse $19.89 ($29.99)

Mandalorian Speeder $18.89 (24.99)

Homing Spider Droid $22.89 (29.99)

Laval's Royal Fighter $27.89 (39.99)

Assorted Hero Factory $7.89 (I didn't put TLG price, 'cause it's assorted)

Duplo

Number Train $13.89 (19.99)

Ripslinger's Air race 18.89 (24.99)

First Circus $24.89 (34.99)

First Train $32.89 (44.99)

Oh look there's more online...

Heartlake City Pool 27.89 (39.99)

Heartlake Pet Salon 19.89 (29.99)

Battle of smallville 38.89 (49.99)

Ultimate SPeedor Tournament 22.89 (29.99)

Edited by Jareth

Is that in store only?

Huh, I only noticed your reply just now. Sorry. It appeared to be in-store only, as I don't remember seeing that price on the website. Good luck in finding a K-Mart that's still doing it...(And if the Friends calendar goes on sale, somebody let me know!)

TRU USA has some great sets on sale... shocking!

The exclusive Baxter TMNT set is $25 this week, plus you get a free little Christmas tree set. I used my rewards and got it for $20 plus tax.

They also had all the Lone Ranger sets on sale.

TRU USA has some great sets on sale... shocking!

The exclusive Baxter TMNT set is $25 this week, plus you get a free little Christmas tree set. I used my rewards and got it for $20 plus tax.

They also had all the Lone Ranger sets on sale.

I think these are mostly in-store deals though.

I'm seeing some of the (decent) TRU sales items appearing online, but it looks like not all that are available in-store are online and vice-versa. I stopped by my local TRU (Glendale, AZ) today and picked up some copies of these:

9496 - Star Wars Desert Skiff - $16.49

79108 - Lone Ranger Stagecoach Escape - $19.99

75014 - Star Wars Battle of Hoth - $29.99

60024 - City Advent Calendar - $25

41015 - Friends Dolphin Cruiser - $52.49

79111 - Lone Ranger

Constitution Train Chase - $64.99

Certainly not 50% off *actual* retail price, but still some good deals in there even coming down from TRU's inflated pricing.

Local Lego store has The Orc Forge on clearance for $31.99. Not bad for the parts and army-building... I'm hoping it might still be around for Black Friday.

My local Toys R us had some of the 2014 lego sets at regular price (not marked up) and thay have a BOGO 50% sale going on.

Fred Meyer (at least in Alaska) is running a Buy Two Get One Free sale (equal/lesser value, of course) on ALL in-stock LEGO sets. I believe the flyer said the sale runs through the 18th of January.

Walmart shows Lego Passenger train out of stock but at $103.xx for price matching if you find one elsewhere.

Amazon and Walmart both show the Cargo train in stock at 143.xx and currently available.

Best prices for either were pre Christmas at $97 for the passenger set and $134 for the cargo train.

It beats TRU mark up at buy one get one 50% off by a large margin.

I missed out on the Sonic Ultra Raider when it was 50% off in the recent UK Lego shop@home sale, but just found it on Pixmania for £33, including delivery. Happy days!

Edited by Village80

TRU in the US has a buy one get one 50% sale going on now through the 22nd but they are holding back all of the sets that came out on the 17th, i.e. all the new Star Wars wave etc.

They give me so little reason to like them I don't know why I even bother looking anymore :sceptic:

I checked out TRU today (Chicago) and all they had were three battlepacks and a few micro fighters- they had empty (sold out) spaces for the AT-AP and Droid Gunship- the surprising thing was all the prices were "normal"! No TRU mark up! Hopefully they will get some new stock in before the 22nd.

Well, if you can find sets at RRP buy one get one 50% off is a pretty decent deal. Managed to pick up some friends sets for MOCs, thanks for the heads up.