Regenerate builder

Guard Tower and the Four Seasons

Hello again! Being new to MOCing I thought I should make the ubiquitous guard tower. I decided to put a little spin on it and show the tower from the prospective of all four seasons.

On my first MOC, Sable Cathedral, I used a lot of 1x1 round plates in order to create detail before I had read any guides or knew of any pro MOCers. However, I want to give credit to Derfel Cadarn whose village building guide has influenced this MOC and helped shape my building style.

Enjoy!

Its spring and a young gallant knight is out looking for adventure.

p1020803_resized.jpg

Its summer, the tress have grown darker, the grass is overgrown, the flowers are withering and the guards are bored out of their minds.

p1020821_summer_resized.jpg

Ah, autumn at last. The blasted heat is gone, the trees are turning beautiful colors..and...guess who drew the short straw.

p1020836_autumn_resized.jpg

Winter. They wish the heat was back but at least the snow has started to melt. Yes...he drew the short straw again.

p1020848_winter_resized.jpg

Thanks for looking! More pictures are located here http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=548426

Edited by Regenerate builder

Nice build with lots of little details, Regenerate builder! Derfel's building guide is definitely useful for learning how to incorporate details. My favorite details are the roof and the tiled walls.

Of course, I also love the foliage and the representation of the four seasons.

Excellent work!

The one-year story of the tower made me laugh. Poor guard drawing the short straw everytime :) I guess the other cheats him with those straws... Anyway, the tower is nice, as well as representing the different seasons.

Is there interior? Its accesible? :)

The top (3rd) floor has a ladder leading up to it and dark brown tiles for the flooring. The door does open and the bottom floor also has tiles for flooring. I suppose I should take some close ups of those features. Thanks for pointing that out! And no, the inside is not really accessible. In fact while setting this up for pictures I dropped several weapons and a soldier down on the middle (2nd) floor and there they shall remain until I disassemble the MOC :tongue:.

Thank you everyone for the compliments!

Nice build, nice tower.

Perhaps a bit more of snow in winter (and fewer leaves).

I like the path that leads to the tower. Very good idea.

Thanks! I wanted to add more snow but those were all the white plates and slopes I have.

LordDan, I have noticed that the pictures are a little fuzzy also. I am not sure how to fix that though. I have a decent camera so I am not sure what it is. I will have to research how to take better Lego pictures!

Edited by Regenerate builder