Sign in to follow this  
def

Mafia School- The Cosplay Party: Day One - Blurred Lines

I think she's referring to Goliath, but we'd need Brickelodeon's word on the matter to make it concrete.

What makes you think we haven't been paying... attention?

I hate to rehash this again and again, but here goes:

Uhhh... do you all have access to information I don't? But if Millers are... normal... that might be what he's doing... you never know the first day.

I didn't have access to information you didn't, but I read what was available. You didn't, indicating a lack of attention.

The miller claim certainly sounds suspicious. I concur with Xenophobic Monoxide that the role is indeed quite advanced for a Mafia School. Furthermore, it would be a very sensible method for a scum to claim such a role as it is of course difficult to decipher whether he is telling the truth. The earliness of the claim should be heeded, but in any case, it seems Mencot ought to be under scrupulous surveillance for a time.

Scaevola jumped right on the idea that a miller is 'too advanced' for Mafia School, indicating that he, too, had not read Dr. def's original post in its entirety.

Should we really trust the person who put us all in this crummy situation?

Do you mean Goliath?

Again, not everyone thinks the same. I can have my opinions and so can you guys. You don't have to agree with my accusations since it's only Day One and no one is being too suspicious. Give it another day or two, this seems to be just the stress test.

You seem to have backed away rather quickly from your accusations. Trying to see what sticks against a townie?

I assumed that Brickelodeon was referring to Dr Def with that (the "can we trust the person who put us into this situation" comment)

But this is why quoting is important :)

I assumed that Brickelodeon was referring to Dr Def with that (the "can we trust the person who put us into this situation" comment)

But this is why quoting is important :)

I was actually referring to Dr. Def.

Dr. def was the other option, but he doesn't make sense as a blame target since we can't lynch him. I'm glad we clarified what you meant.

I didn't have access to information you didn't, but I read what was available. You didn't, indicating a lack of attention.

*That was meant as a bit of humor about how what you said was out of character, whereas my response was in character, not that it matters, I can just ditch the jokes and nervous pauses talk entirely out of character if you really have trouble with that.*

Lord Duvors: I actually couldn't tell that your statement about information was meant to be in-character.

Cutcobra: Whereas my comments about lynching those of us who are not cute and fluffy is meant clearly to be in-character.

Well, gentleman, I must retire for the evening. Farewell, I shall be back in the morning.

But I just got up!

Step 1: Sleep

Step 2: Read lots and lots and lots of posts

Step 3: Share thoughts?

Here are the things I thought were important that I read....

So I don´t see any other way to start this then to come straight out, I am a Miller.

...I'm merely saying that his claim is somewhat suspicious and we should keep a close watch on his actions.

Ok, so Mencot might be scum trying to trick us or he might be a Miller.

...the more we talk now, the more we have to analyze once the alliances start rolling in!

So what alliances do you see so far?

Spidey, you are kind of hurting yourself by giving false information here.

Not sure if that counts as an accusation....

jamesn because he wanted to start lynching people right off the bat before people could start saying things. So maybe he could be a serial killer?

jamesn, who I don't know if he suspected something about you but I find him a little scummy too.

I must say I find jamesn rather scummy. He begins accusing people of being scum just for having a different opinion than him, then once I pointed that out he became very quiet...

So that's three who suspect jamesn, but I don't really know why. But then I don't have much reason to suspect any one else, really.

I'm very far from having anyone I'm ready to lynch. Even the accusations that have been flying are weak and just mudflinging...

It's Day One, so that's about all we're going to get as far as I can tell....

[snip]

So what alliances do you see so far?

[snip]

I'm not referring to alliances that have already formed, but rather, what we learn once players are killed. For example, after the first night we may lose 2 players who are then revealed to be either town or scum. With that info we can go back to day one and see who was defending who, who was accusing who, ect.

It's highly unlikely that any actual collaboration has occurred among the town in day 1, too much of a risk. But an active day 1 board can only benefit the town as it provides highly valuable insight in the future. With that in mind, and given that you are now awake, maybe we will hear more from you going forward...?

given that you are now awake, maybe we will hear more from you going forward...?

Hahahaha yeah. I'll be around a lot more now.

Okay (not ok-ey), lots of talk, that's good

Most of it fluff and useless speculation, not so good.

Yes I am a miller and that isn´t an advance role for a game like this, ofcourse when many of you are newbies this is a role hard to understand at first, maybe.

But the role itself isn´t anything else then to mess up the investigation result, and for that it is smartest to claim up front.

This is like one of the only roles one should claim if had it. And basically I am nothing more than a vanillatown.

Don´t really know were to start on all 7 pages of fluff but some people have crossed my eyes but we have to take inconsideration that this is day 1 and it tends to have all speculation and mixed feelings, especially now when this a school game there is a lot of it.

I will get back later with some thoughts. But one thing I can say to those newibies who think this is a rpg or similar or a videogame and talks about off topic things... STOP it, this is Mafia. Good thing this is the School mafia and we are here to learn but stop it.

I won't be around to declare voting open, so you may start voting at one hour from this post.

In case there was any ambiguity there, you may vote.

Mafia school question:

Should I wait to vote? NO. You can unvote as much as you like. I would go so far as to say, anyone not placing a vote in the first 24 hours of voting is untownie. If a bandwagon forms early in the day, it can be easily overturned, but if formed late, nothing can be done. What if a bandwagon forms on the town cop or doctor? What can you do about that?

Voting early forces scum to show their hands early. Suspicious, lazy voting? Maybe that's the one to lynch.

So far, it's a great start to the day. Lot's of people saying things, that's what we want :wink:

Xenophobic, I say we should lynch someone who likes to point the finger or the most talkative person. Just my opinion though since they could be trying to draw attention away.

Wouldn't the most talkative person be drawing attention though?

I think this is an interesting exchange, because by my count, XenoMono is the most talkative person so far, and Goliath seems to have pointed the finger a bit.

Just for the record, Gammora over there hasn't spoken up yet...

So... are you accusing her of... something? She just might not be able to speak... for some reason. It's not necessarily... suspicious.

Richila still hasn't said anything, more than 24 hours into the game. There are a few others who have low post counts, but I don't think any of them are that suspicious.

Who seems like, if they ended up town and not scum, wouldn't make a big difference?

At the very least, Richila hasn't even tried to be helpful.

It might be too early to do this, but at least it will get things moving and maybe when everyone else wakes up we can have some real discussion. As Cyclops, leader of the X-Men, I will take the lead while I can. (How's that for role-play?)

Should I wait to vote? NO.

Vote: Richila (Richila)

(Hope I did that right....)

Just for the record, Gammora over there hasn't spoken up yet...

I think this is an interesting exchange, because by my count, XenoMono is the most talkative person so far, and Goliath seems to have pointed the finger a bit.

Richila still hasn't said anything, more than 24 hours into the game. There are a few others who have low post counts, but I don't think any of them are that suspicious.

At the very least, Richila hasn't even tried to be helpful.

It might be too early to do this, but at least it will get things moving and maybe when everyone else wakes up we can have some real discussion. As Cyclops, leader of the X-Men, I will take the lead while I can. (How's that for role-play?)

Vote: Richila (Richila)

Yea think that it is good to poke her because she has been online but hasn´t bothered to say anything yet. Doesn´t maybe make her scum but hell of a strange and making her totally useless if she is town.

Lord Duvors, Scaevola and Cutcobra have had some strange comments but some of them sound more like what a newbie would say but I will be watching more closely on you.

It is very possible that we have a miller, but it is also possible that he is lying to hide the fact he could be scum trying to hide in the town. For now I believe his miller claim, but I will keep any eye on him.

I'm mostly interested in why Spiderman is so frequently fervent about how focused he is on watching people.

Yea what is spidey looking for, care to share a bit more. Also another that could share his "3 suspects" with us others is Goliath

A good question to think about is just how many scum are there in this game?

We have 19 players so I think 3-4 scum is appropriate.

I think there is at least 4 scum with 19 total players

I am gonna poke spidey

Vote: Goliath (Goliath)

you have had some good thoughts and being talkative and trying to be helpful but Care to share a bit more.

...another that could share his "3 suspects" with us others is Goliath

Actually he didn't just give us his "3 suspects," but his reasons, for what they're worth (which the subsequent discussion says was "not much, but it's only day one").

The reason I say Lind Whisperer is because he did point his finger to Mencot when it seemingly looked like he was explaining the rules a bit. I didn't find Mencot's post scummy at all but helpful in the sense he explained some things I didn't know. Perhaps Lind Whisperer could be using me, now, as a new scapegoat since Mencot has said anything in quite a while? He did also get out-of-character not too long ago so something seems a bit fishy to me about him. Just my thoughts about him.

Cutcobra because he seems like he could be a townie in the sense he's trying to manipulate people to a certain extent but did make jamesn look rather scummy so eh, he could be innocent.

Lastly, jamesn. I say him because he wanted to start lynching people right off the bat before people could start saying things. So maybe he could be a serial killer? I also just get a bad vibe from him, and it's not just because his character is a furry.

As for you, I think there are two options, since no one else has claimed Miller:

1) There is no Miller, and you are extremely lucky scum (and playing extremely fast and loose)

2) You're the Miller

I'm inclined to believe 2), the odds are in your favor, and you haven't made me suspicious yet.

Oho yes that is true he did give that 3 and reasons to go, my bad.

I did somehow mix up that spidey and goliath 2 different persons, somehow.

But there is something in him that strikes me as odd (also in the ones he choose as suspects) so I wont change my vote, there is still plenty of time to change.

Stick - your last post there was confusing, since you talk to Mencot again (your thoughts on the miller claim) AFTER quoting Goliath. I did figure out what you meant, but it took a minute. At first I thought you were confused and thought Goliath had made the miller claim.

But I just got up!

Step 1: Sleep

Step 2: Read lots and lots and lots of posts

Step 3: Share thoughts?

You forgot the all-important step 4: Profit!

I'm not referring to alliances that have already formed, but rather, what we learn once players are killed. For example, after the first night we may lose 2 players who are then revealed to be either town or scum. With that info we can go back to day one and see who was defending who, who was accusing who, ect.

Well, we oughta assume we'll lose 2 or even 3 people on night 1. A lynch, a scum kill (the odds of whoever they target being protected are 1 in 18 [for the math-challenged, that's because there's 19 players but one will have been lynched before they have to pick their target, and I'm assuming we have 1 protector who has no real basis to choose who to protect], so that's pretty darn low), and possibly a serial killer.

In case there was any ambiguity there, you may vote.

Mafia school question:

Should I wait to vote? NO. You can unvote as much as you like. I would go so far as to say, anyone not placing a vote in the first 24 hours of voting is untownie. If a bandwagon forms early in the day, it can be easily overturned, but if formed late, nothing can be done. What if a bandwagon forms on the town cop or doctor? What can you do about that?

Just FYI, new players - this is something you have to pay careful attention to. Some games allow unvoting, some don't. And as much as the Dr suggests voting and then changing later, that can backfire because people like to jump on you for being wishy-washy or whatever if you change your vote too much or too quickly after placing it (see my performance in the movie Red Menace for an example, since we're trapped in this theater)

Stick - your last post there was confusing, since you talk to Mencot again (your thoughts on the miller claim) AFTER quoting Goliath. I did figure out what you meant, but it took a minute. At first I thought you were confused and thought Goliath had made the miller claim.

Hahahaha no, I was talking to Mencot pretty much through that whole post.

You forgot the all-important step 4: Profit!

Hahahahahaha

Just FYI, new players - this is something you have to pay careful attention to. Some games allow unvoting, some don't.

Thanks for the advice - it seems like it would be a whole different game if we couldn't unvote.

Vote: Goliath (Spidey)

Richilla can be mod-killed if she's inactive. Goliath can't. Goliath's back pedalling and baseless claims really come to mind as being somewhat scummy, and his attitude after one of his claims being false of "it's my opinion and you don't have to agree, after all it's only day one and we're all nervous" comes off as a half hearted plea to not get lynched.

you have had some good thoughts and being talkative and trying to be helpful but Care to share a bit more.

He has shared his thoughts, if you go back a little ways (I think it's page six) you can see what others have said about it.

Cookies, anyone?

If a mod-kill happens, I'll change my vote (obviously hahaha). I'll be inactive for the next eight or so hours but hopefully there is some discussion that will help me know who to vote for if I do end up needing to change.

And sure, I'll take a cookie!