Sign in to follow this  
def

Mafia School- The Cosplay Party: Day One - Blurred Lines

I'm going to

Vote: Stinky Dave (piratedave84)

(OT: how comes he's the only one that gets an alternate name? The rest of us aren't cool enough?)

For being half-way through day 1, he's been strangely quiet. Here's the sum total of his contributions to the day:

This was in response to someone asking who someone else would vote for, early in the day. Seems like a legit question.

So then skip ahead 6 pages of fluff, miller debate, and fighting. And this is all he had to say about all that. Things that others had already said and a vague mention of his suspect list with nothing more about it.

Seems like he's trying to just hide and be ignored, so I'm calling him out on it.

First thing first; I am cooler than all of you because, PIRATES and I DESERVE a cool name.

As for the game; it makes me want to smash my head on a wall. I try and read the day's events but by the time I get to the 3rd page I give up; it's too much.

I can see genuine intent to help from some but ... It gets thrown away by talks of setup, mechanics, role, etc.

We both know that the majority of talk that happened today gives us nothing to go on, it's shit!

Let me try and read the day again and I'll come back but for now, I'm enclined to vote for the person with the most post just because they are forcing me to read all this crap!!!

I'm not going to say anything else but there's no point, my fate is sealed. But I will say that I'm not a Doctor but I have the most generic and boring role ever and it's astonishing that I screwed it up.

I can see genuine intent to help from some but ... It gets thrown away by talks of setup, mechanics, role, etc.

What did you expect from a school game? The point of the game is to teach new players. That's why I've been explaining, answering, etc as much as I can. It's one thing for a debate about millers in an experienced game, it's completely ok in my book for this game (to discuss how to handle a miller that is, not debating IF a miller can exist when the Dr explicitly said one could in the intro)

Second, are you a freakin' moron? Voting for Goliath after he basically claimed to be the town doctor? I mean, I'm not sure it was far enough along yet to make such a claim, but still, your vote against him under the circumstances is almost enough to make me switch my vote onto you.

Exactly where does Goliath claim to be the doctor? All I see is him complaining and moaning about how this game is horrible, how similar this is to China (?) and how he thinks we're all megablocks and how we'll all be sorry if he gets lynched. If he came out an claimed to be the doctor it's a poor move for the town's sake and completely undermining our cause, seeing as how he's basically a scum kill target. Also, he should've just come out and say it instead of being cryptic.

Great, about five seconds after I vote I realize he was saying that he was the doctor, darn. Well that leaves three options, first, he really is the doctor, now in this case then he either gets lynched by a disbelieving town, or he get's spared and is killed at knight instead because of the mafia not wanting to take chances. The second is that he isn't the doctor, just a normal townie trying to save his skin, and the possibilities are the same as above. Third is the (highly unlikely) possibility that he is a scum lying about his true nature, in which case...

Arrrgh! You just had to post telling everyone you aren't a doctor before I finish didn't you? Well I can live with that. In any case, you're doomed, and you could still be a doctor or a guy with no role, not that that would help.

Soo, does anybody know how to retract a vote? Is that even possible?

I'm not going to say anything else but there's no point, my fate is sealed. But I will say that I'm not a Doctor but I have the most generic and boring role ever and it's astonishing that I screwed it up.

Alright, given this attitude, I'm willing to change my vote if needed to seal the lynch. (not because I think you're scum, but because a townie giving up is suicide and bad for the town) I suspect it won't be though, enough others will jump on I'm sure. My personal opinion is you're town and just new to this and over-reacted to people over-reacting to you. I am very surprised to see you deny the doctor at this point - it was the one hope you had of not getting lynched. However, assuming you're not the doc and will be gone tonight, I'm glad that you cleared it up so we didn't assume the doctor role was dead on day 1!

Exactly where does Goliath claim to be the doctor? All I see is him complaining and moaning about how this game is horrible, how similar this is to China (?) and how he thinks we're all megablocks and how we'll all be sorry if he gets lynched. If he came out an claimed to be the doctor it's a poor move for the town's sake and completely undermining our cause, seeing as how he's basically a scum kill target. Also, he should've just come out and say it instead of being cryptic.

Seriously, you didn't realize he was apparently claiming doctor there? The story he cited has "doctor" in the title and he said that if he was spared, we could be spared. That's a pretty blatant doctor claim. Now, apparently I was wrong to take it that way and he's just spouting garbage or something, but it should have been taken by everyone here as a doctor claim.

Yes, you just say unvote name:name like you voted.

Yes, doctor is a normal role. And there's every reason in the world to keep it secret - he's now a massive scum kill target for tonight, duh! Like I said, he's a gonner for sure now. Either we lynch him or the scum will kill him overnight.

:facepalm: I can't believe I didn't think of that. I guess that's why it's called "School".

So, you're a vanilla townie, then?

Not to be mean, but if you aren't claiming to be a Doctor, that was a really pointless spiel about karma...

Goliath, your makin things worse for yourself. It's day 1, and it's highly likely your not scum. But you just keep poking out there and getting defensive. With the absence of an obvious scum lynch, your making yourself the next best option. There's still time to defend yourself, but as of now:

So you admit that you don't think he's scum, but you vote for him anyway? That doesn't seem that...town like.... The town needs to stick together and not turn on each other, or the scum will win for sure...

So, you're a vanilla townie, then?

Not to be mean, but if you aren't claiming to be a Doctor, that was a really pointless spiel about karma...

Why does everyone think I'm a Doctor all of a sudden? I never even claimed to be one at all but I'm not going to lie and say that the Doctor is my role because it would be foolish for the real Doctor to come out five minutes later and say he is, if he's being truthful, and have being a "liar" another trait against me? Yes, my role is the stupid vanilla townie but who would believe it? Everyone would say the same thing and there would be nineteen vanilla townies and there would clearly be liars. Being honest here might be the stupid approach but I refuse to lie about a role that I was never assigned. Hopefully this is the last thing I have to say for a while because this is really getting confusing and frustrating.

What did you expect from a school game? The point of the game is to teach new players. That's why I've been explaining, answering, etc as much as I can. It's one thing for a debate about millers in an experienced game, it's completely ok in my book for this game (to discuss how to handle a miller that is, not debating IF a miller can exist when the Dr explicitly said one could in the intro)

It's not your role to help them or to answer them, stop and think about it, what if the advice you have been giving or answers you have provided have helped scum be more town?

Great, about five seconds after I vote I realize he was saying that he was the doctor, darn. Well that leaves three options, first, he really is the doctor, now in this case then he either gets lynched by a disbelieving town, or he get's spared and is killed at knight instead because of the mafia not wanting to take chances. The second is that he isn't the doctor, just a normal townie trying to save his skin, and the possibilities are the same as above. Third is the (highly unlikely) possibility that he is a scum lying about his true nature, in which case...

Arrrgh! You just had to post telling everyone you aren't a doctor before I finish didn't you? Well I can live with that. In any case, you're doomed, and you could still be a doctor or a guy with no role, not that that would help.

READ THE RULES :wall:

READ THE RULES :wall:

Thank you for not specifying which part of the post you where responding to, that was really helpful.

Why does everyone think I'm a Doctor all of a sudden?

Because you said something that could only be interpreted two ways. Either as a desperate scum/townie throwing out a last minute "If you kill me you'll regret it," or an actual hint you're a Doctor.

It's not your role to help them or to answer them, stop and think about it, what if the advice you have been giving or answers you have provided have helped scum be more town?

It's kind of the point of the game to learn. Next time, the scum might be town and the town scum. The point is, we're here to learn. We're also here to play, but the point is to learn.

First thing first; I am cooler than all of you because, PIRATES and I DESERVE a cool name.

Yea stinky Dave says it all :wink::sweet:

As for the game; it makes me want to smash my head on a wall. I try and read the day's events but by the time I get to the 3rd page I give up; it's too much.

We both know that the majority of talk that happened today gives us nothing to go on, it's shit!

, I'm enclined to vote for the person with the most post just because they are forcing me to read all this crap!!!

Couldn´t agree with you more on this, it is good to see the eager that the new players have and that every day is like 10+ pages but when the pages are full of fluff and speculation then it is not so fun. But we are here to learn. The last memory I have of a sub there was the page count like max 3 pages a day. (Not that I say that was good, it was quite quiet sometimes)

Never give up, your fate isn´t sealed.... you Have 6 freaking votes. And my vote was an poker to get you to speak but now you just give up and jabber really stupied things. Defend yourself.

Thank you for not specifying which part of the post you where responding to, that was really helpful.

The rules that Dr. Def first posted...It's one thing to miss a single link in the rules, but to miss the whole section(Section 2) on voting, especially when it's the second rule...

Ah well, it's School.

Never give up, your fate isn´t sealed.... you Have 6 freaking votes. And my vote was an poker to get you to speak but now you just give up and jabber really stupied things. Defend yourself.

What makes you so innocent anyways? You did get awfully quiet for while when people suspected you for being a scumbag. Can I ask what that was all about?

So you admit that you don't think he's scum, but you vote for him anyway? That doesn't seem that...town like.... The town needs to stick together and not turn on each other, or the scum will win for sure...

Guess I need to address this, it's not that I don't think he's scum, but that's it's highly unlikely we have a successful day 1 lynch. I've never seen it. I voted for him as he seemed to be the worst town member, and now that he's both removed his doc claim and given up it seems all the worse. But a note to Goliath, in my first mafia school I was town but got wagoned early, I defended myself and was able to raise some good points and lived til the end. If you can pull it together, people may move on. Honestly, the true scum players generally stay in the shadows, contributing just enough to look active day 1, so I often look for excessive fluff. The only difference here is that this is a mafia school, so mistakes often look quite different than with experienced players.

Vote: Furry (Jamesn)

No real reason, I just can't bring myself to vote for Goliath at this point.

What makes you so innocent anyways? You did get awfully quiet for while when people suspected you for being a scumbag. Can I ask what that was all about?

Maybe that fact that my real me lives on the other side of the world and needed to go to sleep, so that I can get up to work 5:30 am every morning.

I am soon going to bed, it is getting late here.

A little Hint of advice for the future spidey, don´t panic.

As my poking of spidey got me what I wanted I am gonna:

Unvote: Goliath (Goliath)

He is annoying but I feel maybe we should lynch him yet.

(Lets see how the bandvagon crumbles)

Are you ... I ... what?

I'm going to rename you Fluffy; see below:

Ummm... wait, you're saying all this as if this is a game... is this some fourth wall thing or something?

As for the theory... that's pretty good actually... though killing off someone this early, even based on really good logic, is still most likely going to result in a town death because it's so early that we can't really judge anyone well... after all, it's the first day that will form the basis for deductions, but during the first day we don't really have any basis for... stuff like that.

Uhhh... do you all have access to information I don't? But if Millers are... normal... that might be what he's doing... you never know the first day.

Well... you can just kill him and find out... but if he is town then that would be a bad thing... so darn.

Yeah lets... play it safe... wait, what was that about in character?

Maybe he's trying to avoid suspicion? The idea... was brought up... before. Has it been discarded or something?

You know, the presence of a miller seems to indicate the presence of a cop... because cops investigate and miller's are for... confusing investigations.

So... are you accusing her of... something? She just might not be able to speak... for some reason. It's not necessarily... suspicious.

I second all of... this I really want to know who these people Goliath suspects are. It doesn't really help to keep suspicions to... yourself.

Hey... that rhymed!

*Dammit, forgot about not editing and edited my last post due to a typo. :facepalm: *

The who isn't very helpful by itself, can you tell us... why?

Maybe he just isn't a very good team player? Still it is... interesting, of corse he might just be asleep... or something.

What makes you think we haven't been paying... attention?

*This is Mafia, not an RPG, being in or out of character means nothing.*

*That was meant as a bit of humor about how what you said was out of character, whereas my response was in character, not that it matters, I can just ditch the jokes and nervous pauses talk entirely out of character if you really have trouble with that.*

Errr... I have no clue who to vote for here, and I don't have anything constructive to say, so I'll just... sit back for the moment.

On second thoughts... I'm voting for Goliath, because he's annoying. And that's really the best reason you can get on the first day... unless someone tells you that they are scum... but no one is that stupid.

Vote: Goliath

Unvote Goliath (Goliath).

You have contributed nothing to the discussion, you merely agreed with others but never have you once formed anything that remotely resembled a thought on the situation at hand. Your vote is justified by saying you don't like him, you obviously did not bother to read the rules and are just plain unhelpful.

You get my Vote: Lord Duvor (lord Duvor)