That looks good! red and gold Ducati style.

While building this I couldn't help thinking that a lot went into the building of the engine to then be hidden by the panels...

Missed the details in B-model as well unfortunately.

This is the regular B-model without mods:

16354454580_d4b40c8734_z.jpg20150208_162652 by JesseJeremyVD, on Flickr

I changed a few minor things, added rear- and headlight, footpegs, levers on the handlebars, slightly changed the swingarm, and of course the exhaustpipes.

15941577283_480991642f_z.jpgIMG_20150217_174439 by JesseJeremyVD, on Flickr

16560652602_a17e2093da_z.jpgIMG_20150217_174424 by JesseJeremyVD, on Flickr

16374096348_78a59decd4_z.jpgIMG_20150217_174450 by JesseJeremyVD, on Flickr

The 42036 is not as detailed as the 8051 set, and a bit smaller.

16540833802_f640f60aee_z.jpg20150208_172812 by JesseJeremyVD, on Flickr

16541931705_30c287d7c5_z.jpg20150208_172822 by JesseJeremyVD, on Flickr

meh....i have never liked any of the B model bikes, they are all the same design/model....a chopper. And often the bikes B dosent have enough parts from the A build to make the B look finished.

Has anybody seen this RC MOD of the 42036:

Although it need small supporting wheels, it reminds me of this non-lego RC bike

Edited by Cumulonimbus

Has anybody seen this RC MOD of the 42036:

Although it need small supporting wheels, it reminds me of this non-lego RC bike

Yes. Check out this

from minute 24:50 forward, its also from KBrick. Its the RC MOD for the B model, much more interesting, and it and collects the training wheels!!! :laugh:

hello I have done a 43036 with a lot of modification

I have change color with lego color lime and black

I have change some parts like the red light at the back

289536kawa03.jpg

mini_485825kawa05.jpg

mini_999937kawa04.jpg

mini_420763kawa02.jpg

mini_521274kawa01.jpg

Edited by MARATHONMAN

yes at the beginning I wanted to change only the red light round to square and finally In my stock I found everything I wanted almost by accident (especially for plate registration)

Edited by MARATHONMAN

Very good looking model, especially those small parts makes a big difference. Think about hold rims for it;-)

I'm considering to get 1 or maybe 2 of this set for wheels/tires and parts. Would anyone recommend it?

I'm considering to get 1 or maybe 2 of this set for wheels/tires and parts. Would anyone recommend it?

I would! I bought two of them but not for the parts, only for experience and to have fun with them and now I have two nice models on my shelf :sweet: I just love this set but i'm newbie AFOL so I don't know what reasonable humans will say :grin: Go for it :thumbup:

Edit: Okay I modded them quite heavily but if you are looking them for wheel/tires/parts I presume that you are not also doing them stock/original? :wink:

Mine are these:

BHaySCC.jpg

Edit2: Rationally thinking, just for the parts, yes but only if you need wheels/tires and engine parts and maybe light blue panels... And then again where else you could find all of them... BL, but would it be any cheaper? I again may say: Go for it :thumbup:

Edited by MacKaiwer

I'll probably build both models, but yeah, I'm not aiming to keep them built.

I bought two and I'm very happy. I was more interested in the B model but I always have to build the A model and I don't like to disassemble right away. When I was done with both, I enjoyed building each but I wish the B model had more detail and functionality. I will probably start modifying the B model with parts from the A model.

JT

I'm on the fence here. I'm just not sure if the price suits the package.

I really wish they would bring back the 8420 wheels and tires. These bikes would look much better with a fat rear tire.

I'm on the fence here. I'm just not sure if the price suits the package.

I really wish they would bring back the 8420 wheels and tires. These bikes would look much better with a fat rear tire.

I'm surprised why they stopped producing these type of wheels and tires though

Me to. Was 8420 the last technic motorbike with different sized front and back wheels? The bikes which had that effect looked so much more realistic so I'm kind of hoping that lego will bring back that technique

C0RrWDx.jpg

This is the current state of my 42036, ive done a lot of color changes (ducati inspired), and i changed the exhaust location, both the end of the pipes and the origin, so it looks more real. Also added two small fairings on either side to close up the bodywork a bit, that bit below the saddle looked a bit empty with the exhaust relocated.

Overall im really happy with the look, ideally id want to move the chain inside the swing-arm, and maybe shorten the swing-arm by a stud, and change pull apart the swing arm mounting from the drive axle.

Im really enjoying modding this thing, im even halfway tempted to buy a second one, do a different color scheme, and try to fit in a different engine (an inline 3 or 4), but with all the color changes it would probably end up costing a lot of extra in parts.

C0RrWDx.jpg

This is the current state of my 42036, ive done a lot of color changes (ducati inspired), and i changed the exhaust location, both the end of the pipes and the origin, so it looks more real. Also added two small fairings on either side to close up the bodywork a bit, that bit below the saddle looked a bit empty with the exhaust relocated.

Overall im really happy with the look, ideally id want to move the chain inside the swing-arm, and maybe shorten the swing-arm by a stud, and change pull apart the swing arm mounting from the drive axle.

Im really enjoying modding this thing, im even halfway tempted to buy a second one, do a different color scheme, and try to fit in a different engine (an inline 3 or 4), but with all the color changes it would probably end up costing a lot of extra in parts.

So far looks fantastic, this model is just so good for modeling and trying out new things, cant say the same thing about it predecessor - 8051 though (which is still better imo). Right now I haven't got the model myself, I used the pieces for my own model, but I would like to see how this thing looks with the chain inside the swing-arm, so if you consider to still work on it :) :thumbup:

So far looks fantastic, this model is just so good for modeling and trying out new things, cant say the same thing about it predecessor - 8051 though (which is still better imo). Right now I haven't got the model myself, I used the pieces for my own model, but I would like to see how this thing looks with the chain inside the swing-arm, so if you consider to still work on it :) :thumbup:

Thanks! ill definitely give the chain-inside-swing-arm thing a go, but itll have to wait a few months as i have other stuff that i want to do first, if i get it looking good ill definitely post it here

As for 8051, im still beating myself over the head for not getting that set when i could, prices in the used market are way above MSRP, and ive seen MISB sets go as high as €200, its crazy, and i hate that i missed it, as it would have made an ideal base for a good Triumph Street triple model (it already basicly is, with the twin headlights and i3 engine)

Thanks! ill definitely give the chain-inside-swing-arm thing a go, but itll have to wait a few months as i have other stuff that i want to do first, if i get it looking good ill definitely post it here

As for 8051, im still beating myself over the head for not getting that set when i could, prices in the used market are way above MSRP, and ive seen MISB sets go as high as €200, its crazy, and i hate that i missed it, as it would have made an ideal base for a good Triumph Street triple model (it already basicly is, with the twin headlights and i3 engine)

Alright, don't over push yourself, it can definitely wait in line, yeah the prices of older lego models can be quite high-priced, but hey, that's lego after all, nevertheless I'm sure you can still find some great deals on Bricklink, as a matter of a fact I myself have bought the 8051 for a considerably low price, you just have to track I guess.

Alright, don't over push yourself, it can definitely wait in line, yeah the prices of older lego models can be quite high-priced, but hey, that's lego after all, nevertheless I'm sure you can still find some great deals on Bricklink, as a matter of a fact I myself have bought the 8051 for a considerably low price, you just have to track I guess.

Oh dont worry, i only spend time on lego when i feel like it anyway

As for 8051, i do keep an eye out, but looking at the bricklink priceguide doesnt give me much hope. And honestly, with my 42036 looking like it does, i feel a bit less bad for missing that one

Hello everyone. My first post. Been collecting the odd heli and motorcycle over the years and am gearing up to do some custom bikes now as I see what sexy creations you guys do and I can't wait any longer. I've been stocking up on parts and technic kits. Bought 4 of the 42036 for eg as they are relatively cheap and I think they form an excellent base for any sport bike. I see the bike side of the community is small which surprises me as they are amazing. If any veterens out there can throw some advise my way that would be fantastic however I'm a firm believer in finding things out the hard way too. I am aware of brick link etc but any words of wisdom or preferred sellers, building tips, design sources or other good forums. I find it hard to get 3d building instructions for a lot of creations probably because some builders don't share them. Regardless I like getting involved in the community and hope to stick around should I be welcome.

On the subject I wanted to ask what people had to say on the 'Decool' imitation of the 8051?

I know the 8051 is a popular model for mods too but sometimes expensive to buy now. I have two originals but recently picked up one of these 3rd party kits. Any thoughts or warnings? The material quality seems fine though can't say how good in 10 years. Do purists stay away from these and if so why?

Thanks for any replies and I look forward to picking brains, admiring peoples work and hopefully sharing my own one day.

Troy, London.

P.s. What's with all the cafe racers guys?? I love it!!!

I see the bike side of the community is small which surprises me as they are amazing. If any veterens out there can throw some advise my way that would be fantastic however I'm a firm believer in finding things out the hard way too. I am aware of brick link etc but any words of wisdom or preferred sellers, building tips, design sources or other good forums.

I think the fact that we only get a single motorcycle every two years plays into this, there arent many sets, and part variety is rather low in some areas as well, we only have one wheel type for the last 7-8 years, and only two tires to fit on them for instance, front shocks also are rather limited.

As for bricklink, personally i only order in-country, and from sellers with many sales and overwhelmingly positive feedback, it also helps that generally i dont order too many parts at once, so if an order goes bad (not that it has), im out only 10-20 euros. While we are on the subject of bricklink, id suggest picking up a bunch of those pearl gold wheels when you can, they are relatively rare, as they only appear in a single 2014 ninjago set (and only 1 per set), so once that set retires, price on that color might go pretty high, i plan on picking up at least one extra set for future motorcycles

On the subject I wanted to ask what people had to say on the 'Decool' imitation of the 8051?

I know the 8051 is a popular model for mods too but sometimes expensive to buy now. I have two originals but recently picked up one of these 3rd party kits. Any thoughts or warnings? The material quality seems fine though can't say how good in 10 years. Do purists stay away from these and if so why?

Thanks for any replies and I look forward to picking brains, admiring peoples work and hopefully sharing my own one day.

Troy, London.

P.s. What's with all the cafe racers guys?? I love it!!!

Just looked into it (didnt know they did real Lego set imitations already), and while i very much desire 8051 (the one that got away from me), ill be giving it a miss, aliexpress shows me a price of $46+shipping for one of those, at which point paying €50-60 for the real deal from bricklink seems more appealing, im also a bit of a purist in that i dont object to knock-offs entirely, but i wont mix fake with real lego, so getting a decool 8051 would pretty much stop me from modifying it, or re-using parts of it later in other models

While you are buying bikes (4 x 42036 and 2x 8051, wow, jealous :P), id recommend 42007, it isnt the most loved bike, and a bit less open to modding (i think anyway), but it does look very nice, and there is an easy mod on youtube for moving the chain to the other side inside the swing-arm, which makes it look pretty damn good.