bjorkan

MOC, The Emergency Radiology

There is a short story behind this “Emergency Radiology” (ER) MOC set and only AFOLs can understand me truly :classic: My son (Marko) today passed radiology residency program exam and I wanted to give him some special present. Only two months earlier I was scrolling over Eurobricks pages and found some model with MD minifigure, and the idea was borne. The ER model was created over some weeks (basic setup is close to one in the hospital where I am working), then some missing white peaces ordered through Bricklink (by the way, some were too late due to bad weather at one northern European town shop and that is the reason why ER has some very old white, almost gray peaces), and MOC was finalized. To be as close to original Lego sets, I photographed step by stem modeling apart and prepared PDF book of photos as building instruction on memory stick (I know that some digital designer would be better but I am quite fresh in that software). Next, all parts were packed in four plastic bags with numbers, put into paper box and ER “cover page” was designed to remind original Lego set boxes (set number 06052014 is in fact today’s date). :sweet: And that’s it – ER is still in peaces in original box, but while waiting to be opened I must share the story :) m.

DSC05382s2.jpg

DSC05384.JPG

DSC05385.JPG

DSC05360.JPG

DSC05358.JPG

DSC05370.JPG

DSC05368.JPG

DSC05381.JPG

DSC05618.JPG

O6052014.jpg

As the son of a Radiologist, I applaud you! That is a great MOC of a Radiology Department. My only suggestion would have been to give the nurse some protection too. :classic:

Cool idea. A very special present indeed! Excellent detail all around.

Excellent MOC and congrats on your son becoming a radiologist.......plus that is a really nice gift for him as well......perfect if he is working in a children's hospital.

Brick On 'bjorkan' ! :grin:

The armor as lead vest is hilarious! :grin: One suggestion for improvement if it is not too late: change the x-ray picture of the real skull into a minfighead-shaped skull. Something like this.

The armor as lead vest is hilarious! :grin: One suggestion for improvement if it is not too late: change the x-ray picture of the real skull into a minfighead-shaped skull. Something like this.

Thanks for good advice :)

Awesome idea and looks great too! I love the classic feel of this set.

Cool moc. The control room is awesome. I loved those old sloped computers with the red, yellow and green buttons. There is just something about this moc that reminds me of my favorite Lego moments growing up.

Cool moc. The control room is awesome. I loved those old sloped computers with the red, yellow and green buttons. There is just something about this moc that reminds me of my favorite Lego moments growing up.

Thansk :) and I agree, this old brick remins me to first IBM machine I got at hospital.

Hello sir, i read that you've made the manual for this set. May i ask for that manual to be sent to my email on marvin_d_martin@yahoo.c*m? As a radiologist, I also love to make this set. Your MOC set is amazing, and i want to make it as a decoration in my work station. Your help will be apreciate so much.

Thank you so much

Hello sir, i read that you've made the manual for this set. May i ask for that manual to be sent to my email on marvin_d_martin@yahoo.c*m? As a radiologist, I also love to make this set. Your MOC set is amazing, and i want to make it as a decoration in my work station. Your help will be apreciate so much.

Thank you so much

just sent :)

Hello my name is Diego, me girlfriend is a radiologist and we both love Legos, so I wanted to surprise her with a model just like yours, could you send me a copy of the pdf plans? Please o would really appreciate it. My email is diego_uribe_85@hotmail.com. Also where did you get all the parts from or how did you customers make them? Thank you so much