Sign in to follow this  
LegoFjotten

[SoNE Ep III] Scenes from Hoth

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

What a mess! I never thought I would set foot in the Echo Base control room again, but here I was... This time it was not to run errands for others though, this time I was leading a team to salvage what we could and destroy the rest... I found it strange we hadn't run into any Imperial troopers yet, we knew they were here somewhere.

11890037254_efcb47f263_c.jpg

11890446986_518c1641b7.jpg

LegoFjotten: "Kaitan, pull the memory banks from K-3PO"

Kaitan: "Yes sir"

11889626455_d430a119df.jpg

LegoFjotten: "Donnie, place the explosives on the servers."

Donnie: "You got it boss"

Meanwhile, at Bravo team's location:

11890444076_c5b23620d1_c.jpg

Soldier: "Captain! Look, a couple of crates of blasters."

Captain: "Excellent solider, let us bring them with us, E-3PO, give them a hand with the crates".

E-3PO: "E-Chu-Ta"

Captain: "How rude, someone please remind me to not bring the rudest droid in the galaxy for our next mission."

11890029404_b8acf94486_c.jpg

In the princess's chambers:

11889891263_e45bfcefea_c.jpg

Soldier 1: "Those are some outfits! Wish I could see the princess in these! Maybe she will be so happy when I bring here these she will..."

Soldier 2: "Eeeh.... is that a 3D poster of captain Solo on the wall?"

Soldier 1: "Indeed! That's a bit... odd... isn't it?"

Soldier 2: "...did the princess ask us to bring any of her other... belongings?"

Soldier 1: "No, just the clothes."

Soldier 2: "Good, that could have been awkward!"

Elsewhere:

11890027004_215c274c56_c.jpg

Cape guy: "That's great guys! Let's make an astromech out of snow you said... let's decorate the place... it'll be fun.... yeah right! Who invited the wampa!"

Officer: "Shut it! If you hadn't tripped on your cape when you went for your blaster we wouldn't be in this fine predicament now would we? What's with the cape anyway? And the outfit?"

Cape guy: "Grmphf!"

Tie pilot: "Maybe TK-422 will get us out of this, he was just... oh wait, nevermind."

A few overview shots:

11954159926_bcb1e4c7d9_c.jpg

11954159446_500ee68083_c.jpg

11953324295_04d66845ea_c.jpg

High res photos on flickr.

Comments & criticism welcome!

Edit: Doh, forgot to adjust the photos, I will update the photos later on.

Edit2: Updated the overview shots, at least the edge of my paper background isn't showing any more!

Just wait a minute for me, or else I'll make some enthusiastic typo's...

OK, I think we're ready to go.

Well, this is a very nice model! I mean, you're the king of wreckage! All those broken computers and especially that broken tube are well done. The irregularity of the walls, the differences in height... there are a lot of details that contribute to the wrecked feel. Great stuff!

I like all the different scenes, but I slightly miss some kind of overarcing story. You just follow the mission, while it's Life Day...

There are some nice touches in the story though. The Princess' bedroom is kinda akward. She has a lot of strange things in there... I always knew the leaders of the Rebels are somewhat crazy...

Oh, and I see that Wampa has come to join in the fun too! He wants to help with cleaning up the place. But just for safety (cause with such a big and clumsy body you never know), he puts those Imperials safely away. How kind of him!

So wow, what a great build. Both technically and creativeally you've proven yourself a master again.

It's great!

It's simple. It's detailed. It really follows the assignment very well! I really like the bedroom lamp!

Love it! You have a great building style! It kind of reminds me of the old Palitoy/Kenner playsets in both style and execution. Love all the details, and the touches of humour. Great stuff!

And I am very honoured (and surprised!) to be part of it. :blush::laugh:

K

Oh. My. Goodness! I love the inclusion of all the different Eurobrick members. Your snow technique is flawless and inspiring. I actually like what story you've included, so that's my 2 cents worth on that. And yeah, this build is definitely a winner.

Well done LegoFjotten, another build up to your typically high standards :thumbup:

The control room is particularly well executed; somehow you've managed to make it look suitably messy within a very neat overall design! I'm also impressed by how you've integrated each of the smaller sections together, it works very well.

Good luck in the contest :classic:

Great setup! The attention to detail is fantastic and the action of each area is really brought to life. I love how you fluidly integrated the different sections into the same baseplate. The checkered wedges in the door to the princess's quarters and the end-cap-less pipes on the walls are especially neat, as is the lumpy floor. Congratulations on the excellent build! :classic:

Another astonishing build from you! A lot of fun things in this entry, it took me quite some time to check it all out. Leia's room is very cool, and that's the inflatable Han doll on the wall! 3D poster is just a nice way to say it. The crate content is interesting too!

And the inclusion of the EBers ... :hmpf_bad: well that was my idea :tongue: you'll just have to wait some more time, hopefully I manage to finish it tomorrow!

Also, guess who's the Santa this year?! [where's a cool sunglasses smiley, when you need one ...]

Wow. So realistically chaotic, yet so clean and refined, and so nicely packed into that base. :wub_drool: Those big black consoles and the tubes running to them, especially; the command center looks like it's right out of the movie. I really like seeing the inclusion of other members' figs, too.

Another great MOC Legofjotten! The ruined computers give a messy feel to the control room and I love the tubes on the wall, I like the way you incorporated different EB members in there too.

Thanks for all the comments guys, glad you liked it. I was a bit limited with parts for this build since most of my white bricks are tied up in Imperial Shuttle and Tantive IV, couldn't bring myself to take them apart for this episode. Only plundered the Imperial shuttle wings slightly... :look:

I'd really like to have some dark blue parts for the computer consoles, and some white tubes for the walls, but oh well... it is what it is. :laugh:

And thanks for the blog Lobot! :thumbup: