Sign in to follow this  
michaelozzie

MOC: Ermewa Tankcar and Stakecar. Some new rolling stock.

gallery_8966_235_3881.png

A couple of new wagons for my railway. I tried a bit of an experiment using 3x2 plates with clips for the sides of a stakewagon and this is the result.

Ive also made a new Tanker from the chemical company Ermewa.

8752770921_2b09ce7f07.jpg

http://8753943930_dc7908360a.jpg

Are these modeled off of anything or just loosely based? They look good nonetheless! It's nice to see people focusing on stock as well as locomotives.

Some nice builds. I saw on Flickr that you were thinking of using 1x6 tiles for the bed of the flatcar, you might also want to consider 1x2 tiles with grill, perhaps on a different color below (e.g., dark gray on brown)

Thanks for the comments guys.

Some nice builds. I saw on Flickr that you were thinking of using 1x6 tiles for the bed of the flatcar, you might also want to consider 1x2 tiles with grill, perhaps on a different color below (e.g., dark gray on brown)

Yes think I might try that and see how it looks. It does need a bit more texture to the side walls.

I love the flat car: it looks very realistic. Just one question, what kind of bracket do you use for the sides?

Thanks Frank. I just used these brackets http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=2436 to hold the side walls in place with 1x6 plates then 2x3plates.

So naturalistic! Actually so good that I am almost missing wear, stain and spots...

Like most of you other MOCs. I have been looking around your other topics and mocpages :-)

Edited by harnbak