Steinkopf

MOC: Standardmodell Wasserturm

gallery_8966_235_3881.png

Hello Everyone

Around about 4 years ago I made a number of water cranes for servicing the steam locomotives on my LBB network, back then I wanted to build a water tower to supply the water cranes but I wasn't happy with the type of designs I could build with the parts that were available at the time. The designs I could have built then would have either been too big or too small for my needs or would not be able to fit in with the Germanic styling of my LBB theme, there was no happy medium to be found that is until recently. A few months back for some reason when the Star Wars Planet series of pods became available and I started mulling over the possibilities of using the sphere for a water tank, I started to look around at a variety of models and I became drawn to a model kit made by Faller of the Haltingen water tower http://www.faller.de...125/120143.html .

Initially I was thinking of using 2 bottom halves of the Deathstar pod and I picked up 2 of them on clearance, I then grabbed some parts and started playing around with some ideas on how to tackle the build. I then came to the conclusion that I wanted to build it all in the one colour as I thought it looked a bit odd with using a variety of colours as these structures were generally painted in one main colour, this was only a minor setback as one of the Series 3 pods that was due for release base colour was Dark Bley. Luckily for me on Thursday night after work I went to the nearest Kmart and found a brand new shipping box of set #75007 before they had even been opened and put on the shelves, I opened the box grabbed a set and then ran to the register. After that I had to race to the supermarket before it shut to buy a can of Brasso to remove the paint. I finally got home at 12:30am and then started to strip the paint off, then finally after 1 hour of my time and a 3rd of a can of Brasso stripping off the paint I was ready to add the final piece to my MOC, then at 2:00am I went to bed very tired but also very happy as I had finally completed my model.

Time for some paint removal.

8434274436_6d9d00c542.jpg

The finished product

8433353859_39d3e17861_z.jpg

8433352187_6138243bcd_z.jpg

With LBB 19Class 2-4-0 to give an idea of scale.

8433358181_53f426a243.jpg

8434447666_500efb19b8_z.jpg

Top View

8434451804_1a2ba7a7e0.jpg

LBB Water Crane

3313922070_ceace38877.jpg

Looks really great as usual with your designs ;-)

Very realistic feel.

Great Moc. When I saw this on Flickr I thought it was the Deathstar.

Edited by UrbanErwin

Very nice reuse of that part. I really like the look of it's support base, it looks great! I always thought those planet pieces would make a nice reservoir for a water tower :classic:

Very nice build......the talent and perseverance of so many modellers never ceases to amaze me :cry_happy: .

Steinkopf... your beautiful model is proof of this. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: well done!!

LLL

Thanks everyone for the compliments :classic:

I am thinking about pulling out my locomotive depot module soon so I can fid a nice position to locate the water tower, but even then I am thinking about rebuilding the whole section to incorporate a new centrepiece that I have been thinking about building :wink: .

I coincide with SW planets, but in a great scale, with limits of buy only 5 items by model, and with discount obviously, now I have the enought quantity of planets to paint all in silver color.

A few questions

The Brasso is equal at 3M product Tarni Shield?

Any equivalent product?

Edited by James_T_Menendez