Jump to content


Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Season 4 Discussion


1366 replies to this topic

#1351 Oky

Oky

  • I am O-ky, English-German relations


    Posts: 8984
    Joined: 02-October 07
    Member: 2028
    Country: USA

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:19 AM

View PostLEGOman273, on 20 March 2012 - 04:18 AM, said:

Questions:
1. As Obi-Wan went to Tatooine to protect Luke; who went to Alderaan to protect Leia?
2. Could Ahsoka have been sent to Alderaan?
3. If so, was she killed when Alderaan was destroyed?
4. Could Rex and Ahsoka appear in Star Wars: Underworld?
1. Bail Organa. Duh! It's not like they would send the apprentice of the guy who killed her mother and every Jedi on Coruscant to protect her. :tongue: In the EU, it was Ferus Olin.
2. Sure, why not.
3. See answer 2.
4. I guess it's a possibility, but very unlikely since they're some of the main characters in this show, so they wouldn't put them into that series too. After all, that show is about the underworld, the minor characters. At least I hope not, because that would be just overkill.

#1352 Brickadeer

Brickadeer

  • Bothan Spy #5


    Posts: 1122
    Joined: 28-December 10
    Member: 14963
    Country: Germany

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:13 AM

View PostLEGOman273, on 20 March 2012 - 04:18 AM, said:

Questions:
1. As Obi-Wan went to Tatooine to protect Luke; who went to Alderaan to protect Leia?
2. Could Ahsoka have been sent to Alderaan?
3. If so, was she killed when Alderaan was destroyed?
4. Could Rex and Ahsoka appear in Star Wars: Underworld?
2. and 3. No, I don't think the show functions like that.
3. I agree with Oky on this one. I don't think that the show functions like that, and I think that the likelihood that they both will be dead by the end of the show is pretty high. Fox is a much better candidate for an appearance in Underworld.

Edited by Brickadeer, 20 March 2012 - 08:14 AM.


#1353 Mr Man

Mr Man

    Posts: 3758
    Joined: 01-October 10
    Member: 13561
    Country: England

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:11 AM

View PostLEGOman273, on 20 March 2012 - 04:18 AM, said:

Things we know:
1. Rex is NOT the leader of the 501st in EP. III; Appo was.
2. Appo is currently a Sergent in the 501th.
3. Rex would not take part in Operation: Knightfall.
4. Ahsoka does not appear in EP. III.
5. As long as they stay together, Ahsoka will not die in Order: 66 (at Rex's hands, anyway).

1. We do not know that from the film (Only EU) All clones in ROTS are unnamed (except Cody), and all the 501st wear the same markings, it could be anyone under those helmets.
2. True so a promotion from Sargent to Commander or ever to Captain would be very unlikely in a year.
3. Cody executed order 66, it's likely that Jessi, Hardcase, Dogma etc would all execute O66, even with their personalities so why not Rex. As far as we see from the films, all clones execute it leaving only Cody and Gree having failed.
4. Really? :tongue:, I'll give you that one.
6. By that logic Bly wouldn't have shot Aalya, Cody wouldn't have shot Obi-Wan etc.
'For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic.'
Posted Image Posted Image

#1354 LEGOman273

LEGOman273

    Posts: 2424
    Joined: 10-December 11
    Member: 22977

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:34 PM

View PostMr Man, on 20 March 2012 - 10:11 AM, said:

1. We do not know that from the film (Only EU) All clones in ROTS are unnamed (except Cody), and all the 501st wear the same markings, it could be anyone under those helmets.
2. True so a promotion from Sargent to Commander or ever to Captain would be very unlikely in a year.
3. Cody executed order 66, it's likely that Jessi, Hardcase, Dogma etc would all execute O66, even with their personalities so why not Rex. As far as we see from the films, all clones execute it leaving only Cody and Gree having failed.
4. Really? :tongue:, I'll give you that one.
6. By that logic Bly wouldn't have shot Aalya, Cody wouldn't have shot Obi-Wan etc.
A few things:
Hardcase is dead. Dogma has either been inprisoned, or simply decomissioned.
I doubt that any of the named Clones from the Umbara arc could do it. Excluding Appo. He was Krell's right-hand man.
I think that this arc was to show that some Clones had controll over their behavior.
Cody and Bly were very much by-the-book, while the 501st (excluding Appo and Dogma), were less so.
This leads me to believe that:
You are right; it would be unlikely that Appo would be promoted to commander in less than a year. Something drastic must happen:
1. All named Clones (excluding Appo) are killed.
2. Ahsoka becomes a Knight, and takes Jessi, Tup, Kix, and Rex with her. Appo becomes Commander of the 501st by default.
All Clones have the same markings in RotS: Rex wouldn't chamge his markings. Appo already has those markings.

When I said that Rex and Ahsoka would appear in SW: Underworld, I meant that they could have a cameo (similer to Embo now).
We likely will see Clone Commanders in SW: U as Stormtroopers.
In the movies, the only canon that the SW team cares about, no Jedi is sent to Alderaan.
An episode of SW: U could be devoted to sending Ahsoka there.
Just because her master turned evil, does not mean that she could not be trusted.

More later, as I think of it.

#1355 DarthR2-D2

DarthR2-D2

    Posts: 280
    Joined: 26-November 10
    Member: 14387
    Country: United States

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:10 PM

View PostOky, on 20 March 2012 - 07:19 AM, said:

4. I guess it's a possibility, but very unlikely since they're some of the main characters in this show, so they wouldn't put them into that series too. After all, that show is about the underworld, the minor characters. At least I hope not, because that would be just overkill.
Not necesarily, in the Umbraran arc, the 501st got their feel of the Jedi. Also in the next arc (Slavers), Rex might've thought of himself to a slave to the Jedi (because he is basically is). It is also a possibility that Rex might desert (like that guy in Season 2)
And like somebody put Bly killed Aayla, Gree killed Luminara (and almost Yoda), Cody almost killed Obi-Wan, and on and on the list goes. These people became friends over 3 years.
But it is also possible that Rex deserts and Ahsoka survives Order 66, and Palpatine and Vader will put a bounty on their heads (read Order 66 and 501st Commando novels for more information.) That is how I believe they would fit into Underworld.
"They must be dead by now. Destroy what's left of them." ~Nute Gunray
"Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy. And we shall have peace." ~Darth Sidious
"How you get so big eating food of this kind?" ~Yoda
"Die wanna wanga." ~Bib Fortuna

#1356 LEGOman273

LEGOman273

    Posts: 2424
    Joined: 10-December 11
    Member: 22977

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:57 PM

View PostDarthR2-D2, on 20 March 2012 - 03:10 PM, said:

Not necesarily, in the Umbraran arc, the 501st got their feel of the Jedi. Also in the next arc (Slavers), Rex might've thought of himself to a slave to the Jedi (because he is basically is). It is also a possibility that Rex might desert (like that guy in Season 2)
And like somebody put Bly killed Aayla, Gree killed Luminara (and almost Yoda), Cody almost killed Obi-Wan, and on and on the list goes. These people became friends over 3 years.
But it is also possible that Rex deserts and Ahsoka survives Order 66, and Palpatine and Vader will put a bounty on their heads (read Order 66 and 501st Commando novels for more information.) That is how I believe they would fit into Underworld.
I could see Rex, Ahsoka, and some bounty hunters teeming up. That sounds plausible.
Rex may desert. Remember "Maybe back in the day" from "Darkness on Umbara"? He could reach a breaking point and desert.

Mods, I think that all of the Rex's and Ahsoka's fate discussion belongs in the Season 5 thread. :wink:

#1357 Jamit

Jamit

  • The voice of LAML radio


    Posts: 43
    Joined: 15-September 06
    Member: 960

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:09 PM

Does anyone actually still think that we are going to see Star Wars Underworld? Nothing that I've heard indicates that it is anywhere near starting.

I am looking forward to the fate of Ashoka and Rex. We need a follow-up to that Darkness on Umbra arc. So much happened to Rex in those episodes yet we haven't gotten his reaction yet! We may never...  :thumbdown:  And if they don't kill Ashoka I will be greatly disappointed. I love her as a character, but that would be such a great tie into Revenge of the Sith. Anakin lost his mother, then his padawan, now he will do anything to save his remaining close ones (Palpatine as well as Padme).
Posted Image

#1358 LEGOman273

LEGOman273

    Posts: 2424
    Joined: 10-December 11
    Member: 22977

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:32 PM

View PostJamit, on 20 March 2012 - 06:09 PM, said:

Does anyone actually still think that we are going to see Star Wars Underworld? Nothing that I've heard indicates that it is anywhere near starting.
They'll get around to it. As soon as they get enough funds.
Funds from the rereleased versions of the movies will likely be used for SW: Underworld.

#1359 Brickdoctor

Brickdoctor

  • Look at my Post Count!


    Posts: 21433
    Joined: 06-June 10
    Member: 11254
    Country: California, USA

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:36 PM

View PostLEGOman273, on 20 March 2012 - 06:32 PM, said:

As soon as they get enough funds.
You haven't looked at Lucas' pile of cash lately, have you?

:laugh:

#1360 Mr Man

Mr Man

    Posts: 3758
    Joined: 01-October 10
    Member: 13561
    Country: England

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:27 PM

View PostLEGOman273, on 20 March 2012 - 01:34 PM, said:

A few things:
A- Hardcase is dead. Dogma has either been inprisoned, or simply decomissioned.
B- I doubt that any of the named Clones from the Umbara arc could do it. Excluding Appo. He was Krell's right-hand man.
I think that this arc was to show that some Clones had controll over their behavior.
C- Cody and Bly were very much by-the-book, while the 501st (excluding Appo and Dogma), were less so.
This leads me to believe that:
D- You are right; it would be unlikely that Appo would be promoted to commander in less than a year. Something drastic must happen:
1. All named Clones (excluding Appo) are killed.
2. Ahsoka becomes a Knight, and takes Jessi, Tup, Kix, and Rex with her. Appo becomes Commander of the 501st by default.
All Clones have the same markings in RotS: Rex wouldn't chamge his markings. Appo already has those markings.

When I said that Rex and Ahsoka would appear in SW: Underworld, I meant that they could have a cameo (similer to Embo now).
We likely will see Clone Commanders in SW: U as Stormtroopers.
In the movies, the only canon that the SW team cares about, no Jedi is sent to Alderaan.
An episode of SW: U could be devoted to sending Ahsoka there.
Just because her master turned evil, does not mean that she could not be trusted.

More later, as I think of it.

A- I couldn't remember the names.
B- If Cody could do it, Jessi could, it makes a much (i.e. little) sense.
C- In ROTS maybe, but in TCW the character of Cody isn't much different to Rex's
D- Or Jessi, Tup, and Kix die and Rex becomes a ARC Trooper with Fives and Fordo :sweet:.
'For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic.'
Posted Image Posted Image

#1361 DarthR2-D2

DarthR2-D2

    Posts: 280
    Joined: 26-November 10
    Member: 14387
    Country: United States

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:36 PM

View PostLEGOman273, on 20 March 2012 - 03:57 PM, said:

I could see Rex, Ahsoka, and some bounty hunters teeming up. That sounds plausible.
Rex may desert. Remember "Maybe back in the day" from "Darkness on Umbara"? He could reach a breaking point and desert.

Mods, I think that all of the Rex's and Ahsoka's fate discussion belongs in the Season 5 thread. :wink:
No I mean Ahsoka and Rex could maybe end up on list of victims. In the end Order 66/beginning of 501st, Delta Squad got a list of people they were to hunt down and kill including the brother squad that all deserted and the mentors. Vader could even send Starkiller after Ahsoka. Something like that.
"They must be dead by now. Destroy what's left of them." ~Nute Gunray
"Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy. And we shall have peace." ~Darth Sidious
"How you get so big eating food of this kind?" ~Yoda
"Die wanna wanga." ~Bib Fortuna

#1362 LEGOman273

LEGOman273

    Posts: 2424
    Joined: 10-December 11
    Member: 22977

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:17 PM

View PostMr Man, on 20 March 2012 - 07:27 PM, said:

Rex becomes a ARC Trooper with Fives and Fordo :sweet:.
This makes a lot of sense.
Additionally, ARC Trooper Rex would be awsome!

#1363 The Legonater

The Legonater

  • Can NOT Ctrl + Alt + Delete the Past


    Posts: 4540
    Joined: 09-December 09
    Member: 8515
    Country: Canada.

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:05 AM

View PostLEGOman273, on 20 March 2012 - 01:34 PM, said:

In the movies, the only canon that the SW team cares about...


I disagree with this. Though it may be true with Lucas, Filoni has shown clear interest in EU, from the Nightsisters to simple things like knowing Plo Koon's species.

Memory is the Key

A Christian and not ashamed.

Posted Image
Dyric Rone, Assassin of the Light

Level 28 1/3 Assassin

Theodor Legion, 73 year old ex-Bonaparte in Cruel Angel's Thesis


#1364 Sir_Basil_Ashton

Sir_Basil_Ashton

    Posts: 854
    Joined: 29-December 11
    Member: 23619
    Country: Italia

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:22 AM

View PostThe Legonater, on 20 March 2012 - 03:23 AM, said:

I don't see why people are so curious on the fates of Rex and Ashoka. Sure, they're good charecters, but it's not like it's some big mystery as to where they are after TCW. Ashoka likely becomes a Knight and moves on to lead forces- perhaps even Rex- and likely gets shot during Order 66, and Rex simply is away on a mission. Unless one or both of them dies by then.
Why wouldn't I be curious on the fates of Ahsoka and Rex? They are two of the main characters in the Clone Wars cartoon series that we don't see in Episode III. Not only are they main characters but they're also great characters. A lot of viewers have followed both characters for the past 4 years and when the series ends I'd like to know what happens to all the characters that we don't see in Episode III. Otherwise, why I even introduce these characters at all? Why give the clones names?

View PostMr Man, on 20 March 2012 - 07:27 PM, said:

...Rex becomes a ARC Trooper with Fives and Fordo :sweet:.
Although the thought is cool, I can't see Rex relinquishing his leadership position in the 501st to become an ARC Trooper. What he does as a Captain is more important than what he would do as an ARC Trooper.

#1365 The Legonater

The Legonater

  • Can NOT Ctrl + Alt + Delete the Past


    Posts: 4540
    Joined: 09-December 09
    Member: 8515
    Country: Canada.

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:26 AM

View PostSir_Basil_Ashton, on 21 March 2012 - 12:22 AM, said:

Why wouldn't I be curious on the fates of Ahsoka and Rex? They are two of the main characters in the Clone Wars cartoon series that we don't see in Episode III. Not only are they main characters but they're also great characters. A lot of viewers have followed both characters for the past 4 years and when the series ends I'd like to know what happens to all the characters that we don't see in Episode III. Otherwise, why I even introduce these characters at all? Why give the clones names?


I meant I was confused as to why people act like it's such a mystery that they're not in Episode III. It's not. As I've said, there's some pretty obvious reasons they wouldn't be there. Yes, they are great charecters, and yes, I'd like to see what happens, but if they end the show without stating exactly what they're doing during RotS I won't lose sleep over it.

Memory is the Key

A Christian and not ashamed.

Posted Image
Dyric Rone, Assassin of the Light

Level 28 1/3 Assassin

Theodor Legion, 73 year old ex-Bonaparte in Cruel Angel's Thesis


#1366 DarthR2-D2

DarthR2-D2

    Posts: 280
    Joined: 26-November 10
    Member: 14387
    Country: United States

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:09 PM

Hey I just realized, last year we saw LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars, this included seasons 1 & 2. Maybe in the next few months to this time next year we might see part 2 to LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars, with seasons 3 & 4.
"They must be dead by now. Destroy what's left of them." ~Nute Gunray
"Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy. And we shall have peace." ~Darth Sidious
"How you get so big eating food of this kind?" ~Yoda
"Die wanna wanga." ~Bib Fortuna

#1367 Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy

    Posts: 417
    Joined: 30-January 12
    Member: 25278
    Country: Ninjago

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:45 PM

View PostDarthR2-D2, on 25 March 2012 - 02:09 PM, said:

Hey I just realized, last year we saw LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars, this included seasons 1 & 2. Maybe in the next few months to this time next year we might see part 2 to LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars, with seasons 3 & 4.
Most likely we will. And then, when TCW ends in Season whenever, they'll come out with the special edition The Complete Clone Wars video game.
Played as Pinocchio in Sandy's Mafia School: A Bedtime Story.

Posted Image
Alisha Mortek, 22 yr old female Human, Level 4 Barbarian
Equipped Items - Bone Axe (Greataxe) WP: 11
Inventory - 3 Potions, 4 Meads
Gold - 0
Health - 11/11.
Power - 14

Join the forum I co-moderate, the Ninjago RPG!
An EXO-FORCE lover and proud of it.



Reply to this topic



  


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users