Jump to content


LDD Statistics at Eurobricks


  • Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Superkalle

Superkalle

    Posts: 5661
    Joined: 21-December 08
    Member: 4755
    Country: Sweden

Posted 02 June 2010 - 06:36 PM

Hi LDD geeks

Just thought you might be interested in some LDD statistics from Eurobricks (up until June 2, 2010).

- Since the start of the LDD sub-forum a few months ago there have been 1003 posts and 67394 views.
- The LU mode activation info has been downloaded 3382 times.
- LDD users have now re-created 84 official Lego sets in LDD.
- There has been four LDD Design Challenges and one (soon) LDD Design Contest

I think that's pretty amazing. Just a few months ago there was nothing, and now this.
Eurobricks Digital Design Forum - for all your LDD and Ldraw cravings

#2 ADHO15

ADHO15

  • Another day, another hat


    Posts: 3811
    Joined: 07-January 08
    Member: 2428
    Country: UK

Posted 02 June 2010 - 06:44 PM

Nice post, Superkalle. I agree that this part of the forum has really shot up in interest recently.

Will you be updating this topic, say once a month or so? It might be nice to see how it develops. :classic:
Posted Image------------Posted Image  -  V2.0 coming soon...
Click here to support my Jedi Temple MOC (pictured) on LEGO Ideas

#3 Randal

Randal

    Posts: 373
    Joined: 15-May 10
    Member: 10690
    Country: United States

Posted 02 June 2010 - 07:10 PM

Ever since I started visiting this forum, it has helped my comic considerably.  Mainly because of the LU mod (I can definitely say I was one of those downloaders counted) and added readers, but also because of tips and other information gleaned from reading all the topics provided. There has also been at least one instance where using a couple of the previously mentioned official set lxf files has kept me from being horribly late with an update.

I agree with ADHO15, it would be nice to see those stats updated on a regular basis. Is it possible to use an algorithm in BB code so that they just show the latest numbers?

As for ways to expand this section of Eurobricks, I'm thinking of starting a tutorial thread for people who would like to make their LDD images look better than the raw screen captures. It will help with colors that wash out, to make them look more defined... And as for transparent bricks, there is a way to make them look less ghostlike and more like transparent lego bricks.
A "Usually Safe For Work" webcomic created using Lego Digital Designer.
Posted Image Posted Image <--[ Brick can now be added to your facebook 'likes'...

#4 SpiderSpaceman

SpiderSpaceman

  • Got Balls?


    Posts: 997
    Joined: 17-July 09
    Member: 6727
    Country: USA

Posted 02 June 2010 - 08:43 PM

View PostRandal, on Jun 2 2010, 02:10 PM, said:

As for ways to expand this section of Eurobricks, I'm thinking of starting a tutorial thread for people who would like to make their LDD images look better than the raw screen captures. It will help with colors that wash out, to make them look more defined... And as for transparent bricks, there is a way to make them look less ghostlike and more like transparent lego bricks.

sounds like a great service to the community - I'd like to check that out

#5 Zorro

Zorro

  • Farewell Dieter!


    Posts: 5757
    Joined: 17-September 08
    Member: 3951
    Country: Belgium

Posted 02 June 2010 - 09:30 PM

Great stats, Superkalle, the still new LDD forum is becoming a real success, much thanks to you and the other volunteers involved in this.
That upcoming grand contest won't be bad for this place either :wink: !

#6 Shroud

Shroud

    Posts: 121
    Joined: 06-April 10
    Member: 10165
    Country: Australia

Posted 03 June 2010 - 06:13 AM

View PostRandal, on Jun 3 2010, 03:10 AM, said:

Ever since I started visiting this forum, it has helped my comic considerably.  Mainly because of the LU mod (I can definitely say I was one of those downloaders counted) and added readers, but also because of tips and other information gleaned from reading all the topics provided. There has also been at least one instance where using a couple of the previously mentioned official set lxf files has kept me from being horribly late with an update.

I agree with ADHO15, it would be nice to see those stats updated on a regular basis. Is it possible to use an algorithm in BB code so that they just show the latest numbers?

As for ways to expand this section of Eurobricks, I'm thinking of starting a tutorial thread for people who would like to make their LDD images look better than the raw screen captures. It will help with colors that wash out, to make them look more defined... And as for transparent bricks, there is a way to make them look less ghostlike and more like transparent lego bricks.

You should make an iphone app i bet it would be popular  :classic:
Posted Image

#7 Superkalle

Superkalle

    Posts: 5661
    Joined: 21-December 08
    Member: 4755
    Country: Sweden

Posted 03 June 2010 - 07:13 AM

View PostRandal, on Jun 2 2010, 09:10 PM, said:

As for ways to expand this section of Eurobricks, I'm thinking of starting a tutorial thread for people who would like to make their LDD images look better than the raw screen captures.
Absolutely brilliant idea! This would defintely be a super topic at the forum. How to enhance the model and how to optionally place it on some nice background.  I'm sure a lot of people (including me) would like to learn that.
Eurobricks Digital Design Forum - for all your LDD and Ldraw cravings

#8 Jan

Jan

    Posts: 134
    Joined: 18-May 10
    Member: 10754

Posted 03 June 2010 - 08:56 AM

For me this part of the forum was reason to register.
And @Randal, looking forward to see your tutorials.

Jan

#9 Superkalle

Superkalle

    Posts: 5661
    Joined: 21-December 08
    Member: 4755
    Country: Sweden

Posted 18 June 2010 - 12:27 PM

OK, it's June 18th.

Last measurement June 2nd was 1003 posts, 67000 views and 84 official sets made in LDD.

A few weeks later and we're up to.....
1371 post and 96700 views and almost 200 Official sets in LDD

Holy Macaroni *huh*
Eurobricks Digital Design Forum - for all your LDD and Ldraw cravings

#10 Ras 74

Ras 74

  • Prince of PM´s


    Posts: 3683
    Joined: 27-November 04
    Member: 114
    Country: Sweden

Posted 22 June 2010 - 09:58 AM

This is some awesome stats for this new corner of EB.

Looking forward to that tutorial as well Randal  :thumbup:
Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Please read the
Members Guidelines and check the Tutorials Index

Brickshelf Gallery

#11 Superkalle

Superkalle

    Posts: 5661
    Joined: 21-December 08
    Member: 4755
    Country: Sweden

Posted 21 July 2010 - 02:07 PM

Latest stats for the LDD forum:

18th June we had 1371 post, 96.700 views and almost 200 Official sets in LDD
One month later and we're up to
1786 posts,
136.000 views and
over 340 official sets created in LDD.

Add on top the contest with 70 entries, some of which are just amazing.

Thanks everyone for making this a great place for LDD-talk.
Eurobricks Digital Design Forum - for all your LDD and Ldraw cravings

#12 Superkalle

Superkalle

    Posts: 5661
    Joined: 21-December 08
    Member: 4755
    Country: Sweden

Posted 18 August 2010 - 06:33 PM

Update August 18th

181.000 views
2484 posts
450 Official sets in LDD
Eurobricks Digital Design Forum - for all your LDD and Ldraw cravings

#13 prateek

prateek

  • Study hard!


    Posts: 10409
    Joined: 09-July 05
    Member: 426
    Country: Canada

Posted 18 August 2010 - 06:49 PM

View PostSuperkalle, on 18 August 2010 - 06:33 PM, said:

Update August 18th

181.000 views
2484 posts
450 Official sets in LDD
Wow. This is insane. In 2 months we've doubled every category.

#14 Superkalle

Superkalle

    Posts: 5661
    Joined: 21-December 08
    Member: 4755
    Country: Sweden

Posted 18 August 2010 - 07:17 PM

View Postprateek, on 18 August 2010 - 06:49 PM, said:

Wow. This is insane.
You took the words right out of my mouth!
Eurobricks Digital Design Forum - for all your LDD and Ldraw cravings

#15 vynsane

vynsane

    Posts: 472
    Joined: 21-May 10
    Member: 10811

Posted 18 August 2010 - 08:35 PM

It's the Universe Mode info - that's why I joined, initially. It's funny, because without EuroBricks,  I wouldn't know about Universe Mode. Without Universe Mode I wouldn't have been able to design the MOC I entered in (or even known about, for that matter) the LDD Design Challenge, and without entering the LDD Design Challenge + Real Bricks category, I wouldn't have come in second place!

Edited by vynsane, 18 August 2010 - 08:38 PM.

ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

The SVG Decals Library - Discuss on EB | Contribute on GitHub

#16 Jan

Jan

    Posts: 134
    Joined: 18-May 10
    Member: 10754

Posted 18 August 2010 - 10:33 PM

View Postprateek, on 18 August 2010 - 06:49 PM, said:

Wow. This is insane. In 2 months we've doubled every category.

Wow as well
I think this is a good reason to give this LDD forum part a proper place in the forum structure.
Under the special interests for example and not just as a sub-dot hanging under the general discussions and news

#17 Superkalle

Superkalle

    Posts: 5661
    Joined: 21-December 08
    Member: 4755
    Country: Sweden

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:46 AM

View Postvynsane, on 18 August 2010 - 08:35 PM, said:

It's the Universe Mode info - that's why I joined, initially. It's funny, because without EuroBricks,  I wouldn't know about Universe Mode. Without Universe Mode I wouldn't have been able to design the MOC I entered in (or even known about, for that matter) the LDD Design Challenge, and without entering the LDD Design Challenge + Real Bricks category, I wouldn't have come in second place!
All roads lead to Rome... :classic:

View PostJan, on 18 August 2010 - 10:33 PM, said:

Wow as well
I think this is a good reason to give this LDD forum part a proper place in the forum structure.
Under the special interests for example and not just as a sub-dot hanging under the general discussions and news
Yepp, maybe the time has come?
Eurobricks Digital Design Forum - for all your LDD and Ldraw cravings

#18 prateek

prateek

  • Study hard!


    Posts: 10409
    Joined: 09-July 05
    Member: 426
    Country: Canada

Posted 19 August 2010 - 05:35 PM

View PostSuperkalle, on 19 August 2010 - 08:46 AM, said:

Yepp, maybe the time has come?
Maybe, because all my attention that used to be directed to LEGO General Discussion and News is now all on LEGO Digital Designer and other digital tools. :tongue:

#19 Superkalle

Superkalle

    Posts: 5661
    Joined: 21-December 08
    Member: 4755
    Country: Sweden

Posted 19 August 2010 - 07:03 PM

View Postprateek, on 19 August 2010 - 05:35 PM, said:

Maybe, because all my attention that used to be directed to LEGO General Discussion and News is now all on LEGO Digital Designer and other digital tools. :tongue:
Ha, ha. I like that you are self-aware, my good Prateek  :classic:
Eurobricks Digital Design Forum - for all your LDD and Ldraw cravings

#20 Superkalle

Superkalle

    Posts: 5661
    Joined: 21-December 08
    Member: 4755
    Country: Sweden

Posted 22 October 2010 - 06:51 PM

Update October 22nd
276.000 views
3474 posts
558 Official sets in LDD

We're alive and kickin' friends  :classic:


For reference: August 18th data
181.000 views
2484 posts
450 Official sets in LDD

Eurobricks Digital Design Forum - for all your LDD and Ldraw cravings

#21 The Soup Nazi

The Soup Nazi

    Posts: 302
    Joined: 23-July 10
    Member: 12183

Posted 22 October 2010 - 10:11 PM

View PostSuperkalle, on 22 October 2010 - 06:51 PM, said:

Update October 22nd
276.000 views
3474 posts
558 Official sets in LDD

We're alive and kickin' friends  :classic:


For reference: August 18th data
181.000 views
2484 posts
450 Official sets in LDD


Holy crap! They've *almost* doubled again!

Posted Image


#22 Randal

Randal

    Posts: 373
    Joined: 15-May 10
    Member: 10690
    Country: United States

Posted 23 October 2010 - 05:20 AM

View PostSuperkalle, on 19 August 2010 - 08:46 AM, said:

All roads lead to Rome... :classic:

According to Terry Pratchett, all roads lead to Ankh-Morpork... >_>
A "Usually Safe For Work" webcomic created using Lego Digital Designer.
Posted Image Posted Image <--[ Brick can now be added to your facebook 'likes'...

#23 Superkalle

Superkalle

    Posts: 5661
    Joined: 21-December 08
    Member: 4755
    Country: Sweden

Posted 19 November 2010 - 01:32 PM

Update November 19th

350.000 views
4544 posts
694 Official sets in LDD

Good work everyone!

I also noticed today then when you google for LDD and LEGO you get 63.000 hits, and our LDD forum is on the 5th place. The four first hits are the official LDD sites at LEGO.com. Pretty neat, huh  :classic:
Eurobricks Digital Design Forum - for all your LDD and Ldraw cravings

#24 KielDaMan

KielDaMan

    Posts: 9541
    Joined: 04-February 09
    Member: 5203
    Country: PILIPINAS

Posted 19 November 2010 - 02:41 PM

Totaly cool! Nice work guys! :thumbup: It's nice to see how we're progressing with the Official Sets in LDD, though we have much work to do before we complete it. I'm pretty confident with the dedicated LDD builders, we'll get there sooner or later. :wink:

NEW! Legends of Chima Review: 70008 - Gorzan's Gorilla Striker

Posted Image

Currently playing as the Sheriff Kenneth Emanuel in Tamamono's Silver City Mafia

My Eurobricks Page / My flickr / My MOCpages


#25 private_lego

private_lego

    Posts: 89
    Joined: 12-June 10
    Member: 11437
    Country: Belgium

Posted 20 November 2010 - 02:39 AM

Very impressive.
Although it will be hard to get higher in ranking than TLC :sweet:




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users