Bobskink

Missing Indiana Jones characters.

When looking trough the new Prinse of persia sets I thought that Sheik Amar or Asoka their heads would make a good Sallah.

I was wondering if other members have good idea's to make 100 % purist versions of the main characters lego didn't produce. It really bugs me I don't have a Sallah and Colonel Vogel and I don't want to wait until the 5th Indy movie cmes out and Lego starts producing new sets.

As always, the videogame is a great inspiration, so I used some pictures of the game as reference.

Lost Ark

Sallah

sallah_fez90px.gif85975.jpg + Sheik Amar or Asoka head + 973px172c01.gif + 970c00.gif

Major Toht

majortoht90px.gif61506.jpg + 3626bpx94.gif + some black suit torso? + 970c00.gif

Temple of Doom

Maharajah

maharajah90px.gif

Last Crussade

Sallah

sallah_desert90px.gif Sheik Amar or Asoka head

Brody

brody90px.gif3901.gif + 973pb323c01.gif +970c00.gif

Colonel Vogel

colonelvogel90px.gif3626bpb037.gif

Donovan

donovan90px.gif973pb473c01.jpg

If anybody has good suggestions, better ideas, fire away.

Pics are from this site

Edited by Bobskink

This is a subject in which I've had a particular interest myself. I, too, want a huge variety of characters represented, including all the important ones, but I'm too much a purist to want to use custom decals and the like.

I'm hopeful that if / when the line returns, we'll eventually get official minifigs for at least some of the above characters, particularly Marcus and Sallah, though I'm not wildly optimistic about others, including some you didn't mention but which I really want; I think the most likely opportunities for Oxley and Mac already came with the KotCS release wave of sets in '08, for example.

Some characters I think the line needs to be truly "complete" (in lieu of official minifigs for the time being):

Anna Mary Jones

Helen Seymour

Remy Baudouin

Marcus Brody

Sallah Mohammed Faisel el-Kahir

Harold Oxley

George "Mac" McHale

Simon Katanga

Wu Han

Walter Donovan

Toht

Chattar Lal

... and if we dip our toes into the "EA," how about Sophia Hapgood? I think a passable Sophia (as seen in much of Fate of Atlantis) can easily be made with one of Indy's own jacketed torsos (particularly easy, since any LEGO Indy fan is likely to have scads of extras of that anyway), blue or dark blue hips / legs, a head in light flesh with a suitable female face, and red, dark red or reddish brown hair, perhaps borrowed from Hermione or Mary Jane...

Aren't those EA? I don't remember ever seeing them in any of the four movies.

They're from the TV series. I know some people would consider the show to be "EA," but it's clearly closer to the movies in "canon level" than it is to the comics, novels, etc. - it's an official Lucasfilm live-action screen production created, cowritten and executive produced by Indy creator George Lucas himself, with the involvement of many others who worked on the movie series, and specific events from it are even specifically discussed in dialogue in the most recent movie.

As I understand it, Lucasfilm ranks the show below the movies but above the comics, novels, games, etc. in canon level for licensing purposes; I'd imagine Lucas himself personally considers the show to have the same standing as the movies, though granted I haven't personally asked him about it. But given that Lucas was directly involved (to the same extent or even greater than he was with the later movies, and to a much greater extent than he is on Star Wars: The Clone Wars, for example), and that events from the show are actually mentioned in one of the movies, I see no real reason why it should be treated as any less canon than the movies.

Here's my Mac:

Hair: Mutt's hair

Face: Russian Soldier 1 (Not the evil smiley face)

Torso: Short Round's torso

Belt: Indiana Jones

Legs: Han Solo (The tan ones)

My oxyclean Oxley:

Hair: Dumbeldore hair

Head: Proffessor Lupin's head

Beard: Long light grey beard

Torso: Mr. Dursley torso

Arms: Dark tan

Legs: Dark grey

My Mac:

Hair: Dark grey combed hair(or Mutt's hair)

Head: Soldier head with dark grey moustache

Torso: Belloq's(Short Round's torso also works)

Legs: Brown or dark grey

I haven't seen the movie in a while, but that's the best I can remember(though I'm sure that Mac is not blonde, even though He's blonde in the videogame). Once the Harry Potter sets come out, you might want to use the new face for Toht, because it isn't too bored/happy.

Edited by indianajones

How come no ones said anything about the Grail Night?

How come no ones said anything about the Grail Night?
Rather than asking, you could be the first.

@Legonater, what do you mean by tan Han Solo legs? I don't remember him ever having tan legs. :look:

I think a better face for Toht would be a Doc Ock face, but they are expensive. This would be good for his torso, look it up on Bricklink: 973pb322c01

Yes he does have tan legs, in his Hoth suit.

Edited by CallMePie

I think a better face for Toht would be a Doc Ock face, but they are expensive.

Yes, but Toht doesn't wear sunglasses :tongue: . The new HP head will probably work better.

Edited by indianajones

You have the Last Crusade and Raiders Sallah's switched around. :wink: This is helpful. I'll post some of mine later.

While not main characters, something I've wanted to try for a while is using spare Vader heads (not the helmet, obviously, just the grey head with the charred, ashen face of Anakin underneath the helm) along with grey torsos and legs for the other, grey body-painted Ugha warriors. I just picked up some grey torsos and hips from PAB mostly for this very purpose, actually, but I haven't put Vader heads on them yet.

Here's a Sallah I made:

Sallah.jpg

I apologize for the truly awful picture. I used my webcam. lol

~MC

Where did you get that torso?

Here's a Sallah I made:

Sallah.jpg

I apologize for the truly awful picture. I used my webcam. lol

~MC

nice

Thanks to the white keffiyeh (turban like head wrap) from POP's Fight for the Dagger, we can make a relatively screen accurate Indy from the Map Room. I used the torso and legs from the thug included in the Ambush in Cairo set and it looked great. Just don't forget to include Indy's satchel!