Sign in to follow this  
iamded

Ruin Keep

indexed.gif

The Troll Wizard had been concocting plans for a great light giving device, to use as a beacon, or to light up the battlefields, or perhaps to use as a novelty night-light. He gathered up his crew (consisting of his cook, named Cook) and set off on his way, searching for a place to start his work. He eventually came across an old ruined keep, and with the ingenuity naturally granted to Troll, came up with the brilliant name, 'Ruin Keep'. He began work fortifying the area with a haphazard wooden fence, and a dozen trophy banner scare-crow type things. He was careful to not tread on any of the flowers, as he thought they complimented the area nicely, and they added a tasty zing to Cook's meals. And finally he constructed the light-giver, which, though he had yet to figure out how to activate it, did make for a great lawn ornament. We now see him standing atop his tower, admiring his work.

4113867468_e476fa775e_o.jpg

4113098547_bc264c64a3.jpg

4113098423_5a48b7cfd9.jpg

4113866672_8f7a99a40a.jpg

4113098913_113a4ca732.jpg

4113098657_d3a7a03e4c.jpg

4113099015_60fdd976e9.jpg

4113098779_7596022fdc.jpg

Pictures on Flickr.

Comments and criticism welcome! :sweet:

~Peace

He's baaaaaaaaack..... :tongue: Welcome back, iamded!

Nice little fort/camp idea! Will we see more of these (perhaps an extension of the wall/fort/etc.)? Ingenious balancing of the lightbulb, btw. I'm not an electrician or anything (far from it :tongue:) but isn't there a way to stick copper wire and a battery under the bulb to make it work?

Nice job. :thumbup:

Draggy has awoken you from your slumber! Welcome back with a nifty little castle design. Love the lightglobe, looks like it could be a dragon egg, or mystical portal. Really nice work. :classic:

Hello!

That's a nice little scene here. :classic: The way you built that ladder with fence pieces is outstanding. I have not yet seen this before. A great idea for a brick-built ladder! :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

That is aweseome, I love how it's cahined down like a monster would be.

Very creative, and besides the bulb, your outpost or castle is very nice, is that part of an official set or your own creation?

Thanks everyone! Your comments are much appreciated! :laugh::thumbup:

Very creative, and besides the bulb, your outpost or castle is very nice, is that part of an official set or your own creation?

It's actually a regular old lightbulb that exploded out of the roof one day. It landed safely on the couch and since it blew out of it's socket it was no use. Then I thought it could be interesting in a MOC. :sweet:

Oh my! Oh my! Oh my! He's back! HE'S BACK! *Faints*

Great to see you again bud, and this is a wonderful creation here! I love the very random and humourous backstory, especially that the wizard has yet to be able to turn it on and that he refuses to tread on the decorum flowers :laugh:

It honestly took me a while to figure out you were using a real lightbulb there :blush:

The wall is fantastic, the use of random dark grey to "age it" works quite well, and the boarded up front section complete with troll flag is genius. The side of the wall is great too, I'm in love with how you've used a chain, what with my odd fascination for them. Great use of that giant troll ship flag too. The ladder to reach the top is a very simple design that I've never even thought to use...jealousy!

The section around the lightbulb is great, my favourite parts are the wheel and orc swords holding it up and the ladders acting as scaffolding and ramps around it; clever use of pieces for both. I'm a sucker for neat details, so the bench has me too, I like the skull and chains on it too, or dear me those chains! :wub:

The little potion/cooking area is great too, I love the shelves, but the rats cooking is just hilarious. If there's one criticism about this area it is that there are no chains!

Fantastic as always mate, and even better. Glad to see you back with a new creation, even though I miss the Necrobots. I haven't a single decent criticism about it, so I'll just say it needs a cameo from your sigfig!

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Thanks guys!

If there's one criticism about this area it is that there are no chains!

Well, I was gonna add a chain to the cooking pot, but the Wizard dislikes that metallic after-taste. :sceptic::grin:

With the holidays beginning I'll have more time for MOCs, and you can expect we'll make a cameo somewhere. :wink:

~Peace

Very nice iamded! :thumbup::wub:

Love the light bulb in there. :laugh::thumbup:

I have no criticisms, this is a Great MOC!

Really well done and looking forward to seeing more MOCs. :sweet:

CommanderFox