Sign in to follow this  
mautara

[MOC]: Blessed Agostino Novello Altarpiece

Simone Martini worked in the XV hundreds and i got inspiration from some castle MOCs.

I hope you'll like it and i wait for your comments.

The altarpiece has 4 miracles. here are three of them in wich Agostino Novello saves always somebody (Child Falling from a Balcony, Child Attacked by a Wolf, Knight Falling down a Ravine) and i'm working at the fourth.

post-4477-1251103856.jpg

the fotogallery

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=384647

post-4477-1251104135.jpg

the fotogallery

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=397631

dsc04058.jpg_thumb.jpg

I don't know how to add a reply with the other image, so here's the link to the fotogallery:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=393479

The story is nice, and the MOCs are great as well.

I like the buildings a lot! Nice eye for details, but where are the windows for the window frames in the first miracle?

The castle in the second one is neat too. :thumbup:

And the third one contains some nice buildings!

Keep it up!

where are the windows for the window frames in the first miracle?

I'm very glad you like my MOCs. I'm italian and my purpose in these MOCs is to recreate a kind of italic style in buildings and the LEGO grate for windows is not very common so i preferred to leave windows empty. For example in the "castle" one i was inspired by the Arch of Augusto in Rimini: a door to the town without doors because it has to mean the pax augustea.

http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arco_d'Augusto_(Rimini)

and now a question: how can I add other posts with more images? (I've seen it in some rewiews)

Very nice work! Your use of colours and architectural styles is excellent, and makes your buildings very interesting to look at without taking focus away from the action.

and now a question: how can I add other posts with more images? (I've seen it in some rewiews)

Instead of attaching them to Eurobricks, you can post them directly from Brickshelf using the captionpicture.jpg

You can manually type out the code for your pictures, or when posting just click this image: rte-image-button.png, and paste the url of your picture in the box that pops up.

When embedding images, please remember not to use pictures larger than 800 x 600 pixels. Your images seem to all be a little larger than that, but I've added a thumbnail of your third creation to your original post so it isn't overlooked.

I hope that helps!

These are nicely done, I especially like the halo and the color in the buildings, as thats not very common in medieval MOCs. Lots of attention to detail too, a big :thumbup: from me.

I really like the details and accenting on the white arch in the second one. Good work there.

I'm not real fond of the structures in the first and third ones. They look way too substantial on the top level, when paired with the lighter arches on the bottoms. Its a bit like an elephant's body put onto flamingo legs. Particularly the red one gives me that impression.

Steve

Instead of attaching them to Eurobricks, you can post them directly from Brickshelf using the tags. For example:

When embedding images, please remember not to use pictures larger than 800 x 600 pixels. Your images seem to all be a little larger than that, but I've added a thumbnail of your third creation to your original post so it isn't overlooked.

Many thanks. When i post images from Brickshelf, they don't need to be 800x600, do they?

And: YES I'm maniac with details and I'm very happy when expert builders like it.

Now I'm working on the fourth miracle painted by Simone Martini in the same style of the previous three. Then I will try to work in a bigger scale...

Hey Mautara,

Would you please contact me at bnhspamblocker@gmail.com ? I'd like to feature your MOCs on Classic-Castle.

Thanks,

Bruce

Classic-Castle creations admin

It's good to see another creation of yours Mautara, thanks for posting.

The miracle is well set with those great looking buildings. I particularly like the tan outcropping on the white building, and the use of sand green is nice. I'm not entirely sure what that wooden instrument is supposed to be (some kind of press?), but it looks good, especially the use of those door pieces.

I'm not entirely sure what that wooden instrument is supposed to be (some kind of press?), but it looks good, especially the use of those door pieces.

It's a loom and the white doors are the fabric. Anyway I'm glad you like my latest creation and the all-snot outcropping.

Now I want to combine miracles 1 2 and 4 (they have a kind of modularity) in a medieval somewhere. And I will make an other module to close the little diorama.

It's a loom and the white doors are the fabric.

That's a really innovative way to use those car doors. Well done!

Really nice and tidy. I like your style of building. Especially your smooth building lines. Very beautiful. Colors are great, too!