Here we go, boys and girls. From the Lego cache:

pics are back

10188ds000.jpg

10188ds002.jpg

10188ds003.jpg

10188ds004.jpg

10188ds005.jpg

100_8593.jpg

Dear Lord, but it's huge. Who knows the price? I think I'm hallucinating that pic of the minifigs. I think we have a contender for set of the year.

Edited by KimT
clearance to post pics is given

Thanks heaps sveltecorps, that is the coolest set ever. I was def going to get it anyway but now i cant wait! So many levels and cool details! :wub:

$399.99 USD

I'm curious as to where you get your pics from?

Edited by stash2sixx

Now that is stunning; the prison, the garbage room, the turbo lasers, the super laser, hanger, the throne room, the swing over the pit room... I had many fantasies about this set, but they have been exceeded by the real product. :wub: I want this... but I doubt that I will be able to afford it. :cry_sad:

$399.99 USD

Ahh... could be anything from $600-$800 AUD...

Oh now that is cool! deino2.gif

My bank account and shelf capacity are already crying in pain, but that has got to be the most downright neat Star Wars set ever.

Instead of being a boring, linear cinema scene or another near-dead-accurate UCS creation we've got a fun playset type thing with a boatload of Minifigs and tons of clever little constructions and features. It's kind of a shame that it's coming out this year, because this would have surely been perfect to capture the spirit of LEGO Star Wars for the big 10th anniversary next year.

100% Win! :thumbup:

Wow thankz, this set looks so cool!!! But they shouldve added plates to cover the Death star. This set also has more than 20 figs (including bots) if u look at the top of the box.

Now that is stunning; the prison, the garbage room, the turbo lasers, the super laser, hanger, the throne room, the swing over the pit room.

I was just gonna mention that

Edited by Mocha

Everything I could have wished for and more - I never thought that it would cover scenes from the entire trilogy (though I thought IG-88 only appeared on board the Star Destroyer in Empire?). It looks like we're getting new, more detailed torsos for Obi-Wan, Luke, the Emperor, and (best of all) Vader, not to mention a great way to get the original Leia and Tarkin figs. Any dreams I may have had about saving for the Castle chess set are gone - this thing is a must-buy.

Probably on the upper end since licensed sets are comparatively more expensive. Unless the depressed dollar really has made a difference. I didn't buy the UCS Millennium Falcon because it was horrendously overpriced for Australians, but I am going to find it hard to resist this one. Please, Lego, bring back your dark ages so I have money once again and room in my flat! :wacko: No... kidding... I'll find room somewhere.

Any dreams I may have had about saving for the Castle chess set are gone - this thing is a must-buy.

I was just thinking 'Thank god I didn't preorder the Chess set!' :tongue:

Edited by svelte_corps

Everything I could have wished for and more - I never thought that it would cover scenes from the entire trilogy (though I thought IG-88 only appeared on board the Star Destroyer in Empire?).

I'm wondering if this is a nod to the Expanded Universe where IG-88 uploaded himself into the Death Star II computer, taking the weapon over just before the Alliance blew it up :tongue:

Even though that may be the case...I must...have...it...so...awesome...

I'm very tempted to start selling off all my PT sets to help pay for this bundle of joy!

Also - full silver dome for R2 and new dome print to go with it!

Edited by jp-30

:wub: Simply the most beautiful hunk of plastic I've ever seen. Too bad there are no imperial gunners w/ cool sweeping helmets. :sceptic:

$400 USD!? :sick: I'll have to get this one anyway ~ glda I didn't buy the MF ~ this one has all the minifigures + more! Is that a new DV? Black 3-po unit?

Must....know...release date! :sing: Anyone know? :wub:

And an extra :wub: for the road.

Though I can't say much about the lil' Tie ~ is that supposed to be minifig scale or what? :oh3:

I'm sorry, but for this, I just have to post... Oh my goodness... That piece of art just took my breath away.... I don't think that ever before, or from here on out, there will be another set like this. Lego has answered many prayers on this one, and I hope to richly bless them with my hard earned cash... Just for that set, I will begin to custom build a shelf to showcase it, next to my other prized sets... the UCS DS 2 an the UCS ISD. The mini system TIE Adv is a nice touch... wonder if I can adapt it more to fit the RUMOR mold... It's so shiny!!! (Firefly guys!) Insane DS with mad minifigs on!

From the looks of the top of the box, there are a few more figures than what is shown in the picture. It looks like there are 2 Storm Troopers and 2 Death Star Troopers. Looks amazing. Lego could not have done better. The fact that they have multiple rooms and levels and figures from more than one movie is really cool.

From the looks of this picture, I simply fainted. I am so excited and looking forward to this set. There are so many excellent stuff, coming from this set. I will defintely get it for sure, hope it will not be as expensive as UCS MF. This is simply too amazing. :wub:

The mini-figs count is outstanding and incredible. I just need to have one of this!!!

Thanks svelte_corps! :thumbup::thumbup:

I was just thinking ~ this isn't the Death Star, it's the Death Star III, I mean, look how exposed and ripped open it is! :laugh: Even more so than the Death Star II! :wink:

Oh my lord, this is enormous (By the way there are dozens of that's what she said opportunities scattered throughout here) There may even be more fig than are on that picture, because on the box are there are several Stormtroopers and gunners and in the mf line up there are only one of each. I think we are pushing 25 here people. Maybe a record for a normal set????

I was just thinking ~ this isn't the Death Star, it's the Death Star III, I mean, look how exposed and ripped open it is! :laugh: Even more so than the Death Star II! :wink:

I thought, isn't this Death Star I, II and III?? :tongue:

Superb set, even for a non-hardcore star war fan like me. This is simply amazing!