Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Epic Lego Sea Battles

I picked up the Troll Ship a few days ago, although I have not put it together yet. I was wondering if any of you have, or are planning to create an epic sea battle with the Troll Ship? Perhaps the Troll Ship vs. the Viking Longboat, or even a war between the Troll Ship and Skeleton Ship?

I think the Troll Ship offers some great opportunities for an epic Lego sea battle. One of the larger pirate ships might also make for an interesting battle.

What are your plans for the Troll Ship?

My plan was to add it to my Castle display, which I have. :laugh: It's a great set. I was thinking how cool it would be to replicate the scene from the official TLC story, with heaps of Warships heading towards Crownie shores, and the green dragon attacking them. But who has the money for all those ships? :grin: Maybe TLC will release a Crownie ship, or maybe I'll have to MOC one. :grin:

~Peace

I bought it but my intentions wern't to put it into some sea battle. They were actualy to break it apart and use it in my brikwars team. Me and my mates are building a huge brikwars map to play on.

Sorry for getting of the subject a bit.

I bought it but my intentions wern't to put it into some sea battle. They were actualy to break it apart and use it in my brikwars team. Me and my mates are building a huge brikwars map to play on.

Sorry for getting of the subject a bit.

No problem! It's on-topic. I hope you'll post your Brikwars map here on EB. Sounds like it's going to be cool!

I'm definitely looking forward to the Troll Ship, but sadly, since I have so many other things to display, I haven't left much room for a cool Sea Battle diorama, although I bet it'd be really cool! :look: hmmm...maybe if I move some stuff around...

As a troop carrier, the Troll Warship is great.

Other than the spring loaded darts in the bow of the ship though, the ship is pretty much harmless. With a few additions though, it could work as a force to be reckoned with. But then you would lose all that great storage room for soldiers. Best bet is to arm the Orcs with crossbows and use those against other ships. Then send over the boarding party.......hmmmmm.....

The Troll Warship set is one of my must haves at the moment. Trying to pursuade my wife to let me part with 50 quid is the hard part though :D I especially love the armoured good dragon that comes with it, and its one of the major reasons why I love the set.

I'm also after the Skeleton Ship set, as I'm planning on incorporating the Crown Knight harbour into the rear of the King's Castle. Those back gates strike me as waaaay to unprotected :D

Now I've just got to get my hands on loads of Dark Green and Navy Blue plates!

Edited by KurttKrueger

As soon as the final parts arrive for my fleet of five Sea Serpents I plan to set them on the Troll Warship and see what happens, I assume I’ll and watch the seas turn red with blood!

over in the pirates forum someone beat you to it... HERE is a link to the topic, enjoy!

Thanks. I had not seen this as I don't usually visit the Pirate Forum, but thanks for sharing. I was curious as to how the Troll Warship would look next to a Classic Pirate ship.

Maybe TLC will release a Crownie ship, or maybe I'll have to MOC one.

I'd love to see one with some bright blue Crownie colors. Good thought.

Me and my mates are building a huge brikwars map to play on.

Interesting. I'd love to see the finished product.

since I have so many other things to display, I haven't left much room for a cool Sea Battle diorama, although I bet it'd be really cool!

Don't feel bad. I only have a small table that I usually display a single theme at any given time on. I don't like a lot of Lego on the bookshelves collecting dust.

As a troop carrier, the Troll Warship is great.

Yes. Definately! Lots of room for legions of Trolls.

I'm also after the Skeleton Ship set, as I'm planning on incorporating the Crown Knight harbour into the rear of the King's Castle.

I would not mind seeing a good battle between the Skeleton Ship and the Troll Warship. I like the Skellie ship a lot and it looks cool on a water/dark blue platform.

As soon as the final parts arrive for my fleet of five Sea Serpents I plan to set them on the Troll Warship and see what happens

Neat! I'd like to see that when you get them set up.

Great thoughts. I'd really like to see the Troll Warship battling the Viking Longboat. I could be wrong, but I think the ships are similar in size.

Everyone: post pictures of your sea battles when you get them set up. :wub:

Well, my brothers and I created an entire world combining Vikings, Knight's Kingdom II, Fright Nights, Woodsmen, Crown Knights, Skeletons, etc. all in one world where mainly it is all good versus all evil. A few months ago, when we last paused our ongoing story (the outcome of which is decided by dice-rolled battles) the Crown Knights under the wise leadership of the KK1 King, used a stolen Skeleton Ship to capture the evil Viking Longship. (VIkings are evil.)

I just received the Troll Warship from LEGO like two days ago (it is SUPERB, shame it was 80 USD though, my mother has the idea it is a gigantic set when it is not) so now, interestingly, the Crown Knights will have something to use against the Troll Warship. They are about the same size, although I think the Longship is slightly longer and slightly higher.

Should be fun, if we get the chance to do it (it depends on my brother's whims, he owns the Longship.)

VK

There are a few problems with making a truly epic sea battle.

First you need a lot of open space (sea). If I was to convert my average sized dining room table into a sea battle, it could only realistically hold three ships and a couple small rowboats.

Second it takes a lot of blue baseplates to make that much ocean. And then the boat hulls often don't sit flat on the plates.

Third, there isn't much landscaping you can do to make all that water interesting. Sure you can toss in some rocks, shoals and shallows, but then there is even less room for boats.

Land battles are much more practical.

Though I'd love to see a truly epic sea battle MOC. It'd make for one heck of a brickfest production.

Steve

I like the ideas here! A Vs would be nice, altought a orc VS pirate scene would be a little bit eh... unrealistic :grin: . But what you also could do is buying TWO warships, make one of them a Crownie ship with a more orderly look and old pirate/custom sails and maybe a Dwarf devision with a cool cannon :sweet:

Athos I don't see scale being much of a problem I was planning to lay my 'sea' out over the floor of the 'spare' room, making the sea might be a tad harder but I have some ideas.

I'm really annoyed at myself for taking apart the Viking Ship, I will most likely put it back together when I get the necessary pieces. Once done, I like the idea of pitching a battle between it and the Troll Warship.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

I'm really annoyed at myself for taking apart the Viking Ship, I will most likely put it back together when I get the necessary pieces.

I think it would make for a great battle. Did you loose the pieces?

There is a Junk from the Orient Expidition series that looks pretty good even though it is five years old. It is kind of small, but three or four of those should be a handfull for the Trolls. :knight:

There is a Junk from the Orient Expidition series that looks pretty good even though it is five years old. It is kind of small, but three or four of those should be a handfull for the Trolls.

You mean the Emperor's Ship (#7416)? If so, that's a great little ship. I would never have thought of having it go against the Troll Warship. Interesting thought.

An epic sea battle sounds great! Ill probably get the Troll Warship for Christmas... or maybe if i have a lot of cash from my summer job...

My personel stuff aside, I wouldnt consider space a problem at all, not even baseplates. Think outside the box; it doesnt have to be baseplates for your surface. Just use a blue rug or table or something. or even better, for this instance, you could get a large, clear container (a fish tank, perhaps? even real fish could included!), fill it with wat+er, put a clear cover on, and there you go: a sea to put your ships on. you could also shake the container a little to create waves.

Edited by JimButcher

My personel stuff aside, I wouldnt consider space a problem at all, not even baseplates. Think outside the box; it doesnt have to be baseplates for your surface. Just use a blue rug or table or something. or even better, for this instance, you could get a large, clear container (a fish tank, perhaps? even real fish could included!), fill it with wat+er, put a clear cover on, and there you go: a sea to put your ships on. you could also shake the container a little to create waves.

Yes, a good point indeed Jim! I for one always seem to be bound to tabletops and bookshelf space. Your fishtank idea is a neat one. I have thought about an underwater scene with an open fishtank (Divers/Aquaraiders + Pirates). I probably will never make this happen, but it's neat to think about the idea.

What do you plan for your well-earned Warship?

I think it would make for a great battle. Did you loose the pieces?

Oh no, I've just used a couple of pieces in permanent mocs. Nothing too serioues though, I reckon a battle will be called for after I get that Troll Ship.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

I have an idea: the troll ship against an Armada, consisting of:

1752 Boat with Armour

6017 King's Oarsmen

6018 Battle Dragon

6049 Viking Voyager

6057 Sea Serpent - the flotilla's flagship!

I think that this will be an interesting battle - those smaler vessels against the Troll ship. The Knights can attack from different directions at the same time :)

What do you think?

That is the one, Brickster. The Rogue Knights Battleship from the 2006 KK2 line-up could also be a simple little support ship for the main fleet.

Yes, a good point indeed Jim! I for one always seem to be bound to tabletops and bookshelf space. Your fishtank idea is a neat one. I have thought about an underwater scene with an open fishtank (Divers/Aquaraiders + Pirates). I probably will never make this happen, but it's neat to think about the idea.

What do you plan for your well-earned Warship?

thank you! for my warship, i think ill make it attack the crownies, but the crownies board the ship, slay all of the trolls and orcs, save the dwarfs, just to be attacked by the skellies with the red dragon, so the green dragon and the red dragon battle. (I know, I know, its against their will, but the armies control them.) And this all takes place at sea.