shmails

[H07] Return To Quantus III

Tags: Octan, Exploration, Ground Vehicle

---------- Start Log ----------

It has now been revealed to me that I am on my way back to Quantus III to find out why some of the probes I left have gone missing. Should be an easy mission, I am sure it is something simple.

*Break in Log*

Mayday mayday mayday.....my ship is unresponsive and entering the atmosphere at the wrong approach angle and speed. I will not be able to control my descent for much longer......mayday mayday mayday

20529687739_4234966a10_c.jpg

*break in log*

I have landed on Quantus III, okay landed may be an exaggeration of what happened. My ship became unresponsive and entered the atmosphere out of control. I hit hard, and the ship is in pieces, but should be salvageable. I will continue on with my mission and hope that my call for help is being answered.

20716447655_7377692552_c.jpg

20093859744_01b86be03f_c.jpg

*break in log*

This day is getting better, I love this new Octan hover board, really get you where you want to go in a hurry!

20528438200_aaf672640e_c.jpg

*break in log*

No signs of the trouble that effected my ship nor the anomalies that were reported to command about the lost probes. I have searched the edge of the forest for hours. Time for a quick break, then back to work!

20716453285_1ed1c57e31_z.jpg

---------- End Log ----------

20529685949_b69c84ec06_z.jpg

To Be Continued...........

Notes: Credit for the background on the hover board picture goes to Kosmas Santosa. Inspirational credit for the hover board goes to PaddyBricksplitter. I have been looking for a background for this board for a while now. Hope you enjoy this entry into the ongoing story of Jacques LaRose, more to come! Comments and Critiques welcome

Enjoy!

Another stellar build! The blocky trees work really well here and the blurred background for the hoverboard is fabulous. I also love that shot of the ship entering the atmosphere!:wub:

Edited by mediumsnowman

Great series of builds, shmails, the ship entering the atmosphere is very nice, and crash landing with the parts of the ship all over and the ground torn up is fantastic as well! :laugh: Excellent work with the blurred background and really awesome hoverboard on the next build - that (the background, not the hoverboard! :laugh:) is something I have always wanted to do myself but have never got around to yet... Superb irregular borders and trees in both builds, but particularly in the last one, the patches of flowers are very nice additions, and add a great touch of color! :thumbup: Can't wait to find out what happens to Jacques! :wink::look::laugh:

Another stellar build! The blocky trees work really well here and the blurred background for the hoverboard is fabulous. I also love that shot of the ship entering the atmosphere! :wub:

The atmosphere shot was tough to get the look I wanted, thanks a lot!

You've got the best trees going, no doubt! Even the crash scene looks great. Awesome job!

Thanks, it is getting tougher to come up with new tree ideas!

Fantastic work, shmails! :wub: All your trees are superb and I love your irregular bases too :thumbup:

Thanks so much, I credit Mark Falworth with the irregular bases I use, he is a good source of inspiration!

Terrific builds! :wub:

Thanks man!

Great series of builds, shmails, the ship entering the atmosphere is very nice, and crash landing with the parts of the ship all over and the ground torn up is fantastic as well! :laugh: Excellent work with the blurred background and really awesome hoverboard on the next build - that (the background, not the hoverboard! :laugh:) is something I have always wanted to do myself but have never got around to yet... Superb irregular borders and trees in both builds, but particularly in the last one, the patches of flowers are very nice additions, and add a great touch of color! :thumbup: Can't wait to find out what happens to Jacques! :wink::look::laugh:

Thanks, I thought the last shot needed something, and originally I was going to fill the whole thing with flowers, but I was able to restrain myself! Thanks again for all the kind words.

Spiffy atmospheric entry, beautiful crash (and that smoke coming up!), and then the build with the big tree he's sleeping under is fantastic (and I really like the way that photo is lit, too)! :sweet:

Great series of builds shmails, the last one especially looks really nice, great tree! :thumbup:

The crash scene is phenomenal. Wow. I love the last tree with the pink flowers too. Feels so peaceful and serene even as the troopers rappel down around him. Another incredible build thread from you.

Spiffy atmospheric entry, beautiful crash (and that smoke coming up!), and then the build with the big tree he's sleeping under is fantastic (and I really like the way that photo is lit, too)! :sweet:

Thanks, I wish I had more of those ice cream parts to make the smoke more obvious. Simplicity is the key to the lighting, just a few lights pointed towards the ceiling above the scene. Thanks again!

Great series of builds shmails, the last one especially looks really nice, great tree! :thumbup:

Thanks so much!

I love your tree work, the people coming down from the trees is awesome as well

I hope you still think they are awesome after the next installment of the story! :wink: Thanks!

The crash scene is phenomenal. Wow. I love the last tree with the pink flowers too. Feels so peaceful and serene even as the troopers rappel down around him. Another incredible build thread from you.

Jacques always know the good spots for a nap! :grin: Thanks!

Woah, fantastic series of builds! The flames are awesome, the crash scene is excellent, the blur effect is great, and the tree is beautiful! Can't wait to see what happens next.