Sign in to follow this  
SWMAN

Lego.com Selling Out

I was just surfing Lego.com, and I noticed that a lot of sets, especially Star Wars, are sold out or gone all together. It seems like Lego is keeping sets on their site for shorter and shorter periods. The Dwarf Mine was only on for a few months. It seems like the only way to get sets anymore is in the store, and you are still not guaranteed that they are in stock. I personally like buying online better. What do you guys think?

I was just surfing Lego.com, and I noticed that a lot of sets, especially Star Wars, are sold out or gone all together. It seems like Lego is keeping sets on their site for shorter and shorter periods. The Dwarf Mine was only on for a few months. It seems like the only way to get sets anymore is in the store, and you are still not guaranteed that they are in stock. I personally like buying online better. What do you guys think?

I also like buying online better, too. But you're right about the online store, they have hardly anything. I also was looking for the Dwarf Mine set, and I didn't even know that lego once had it in stock.

Have you tried Toys 'R' Us? They usually have a good selection of lego.

Hard to say really !!

From my understanding, TLC is probably producing may june and farther away sets right now.

My TRU doesn't have anything SW related left from the january line.

So I think that they do produce limited quantities at first and then are trying to please the market. Its only my assumptions. Shops in France tend to carry sets longer than on SAH thats for sure and I think I know why: Lego produces X quantity of sets, then dispatches them and then build different sets. So Shops tend to stock a max of sets because they know they won't have some merchandisefor a klong time after their shipment.

But I might be totally wrong there ;-)

Personnaly I hate online buying, I much prefer the physical and mental contact of shops ;-)

*yoda*

Well, if it makes you feel any better, I have noticed many "sold out" sets re-appearing months later. For example the X-Wing was sold out last year but it's back now. All "sold out" means for sure is that Lego are not taking orders for a while. That's what I think it is in the case of Dwarves Mining...

(I prefer to buy in stores as I get more Lego for my money.)

well they've just resupplied the belgian shops with all the newest sets, but it seems they have a dreadfull supply system. Even the shop online is to my knoledge dependant from country to country. if they don't have any new sets on the US s@h then their stocks in the uS are depleted for the time being... no worries though. the catalogs for the next six months tells us the sw stuff will be available in the coming weeks...

Yeah. I really want some Batman sets, but alas they are all gone! >:-(

Stock up, LEGO!

On S@H for the Netherlands, Hogwarts Castle was Sold Out the same moment they lowered the price. Weird coincidence or lazy updating? I woulda loved to get that set for 25 euros less than it was at first!

well they've just resupplied the belgian shops with all the newest sets, but it seems they have a dreadfull supply system. Even the shop online is to my knoledge dependant from country to country.

Its totally true Sne. Nowadays each country is independant. France has its own SAH system, shops distribution and what have you. Also the catalogues differ from country to country for a simple reason: when they are printed, they don't know if that or that country will sell the products. For instance France might decide NOT to sell a line that is deemed not successfull enough. I do hope that we'll have Batman !!

So bottom line, TLC needs to work much better: they need to realize that their production and supply systems are not efficient enough !!

Also my advice is when you see something you want (especially the cheaper sets) buy it asap because you never know when or if you'll get ot after.

*yoda*

Also my advice is when you see something you want (especially the cheaper sets) buy it asap because you never know when or if you'll get ot after.

*yoda*

absolutely! especially with these sets that are only available for the next 7 months or so... and the country differences... well... they make no sense... Belgium will only get 2 out of 4 Indy sets, Germany won't seem to get the new castle sets... except for financial arguments i don't see any logic behind it....

The new SAH system for my country has really been good for us recieving new sets, TRU seem to be getting alot of stock these days compaired to last year when the shelves were always empty.

However after talking to many other members from around the world, it seems that this new system is different from country to country. Now many countrys get very few sets and seem to take forever to restock.

Walking around places like Target, I have seen a lot of new sets, which surprises me. Back when I bought a lot of Legos, it seemed like they never had sets in stores. S@H always had all of the sets, which isn't really the case now. We don't have a Lego store here, so I couldn't go to a store that I knew had sets. Also, buying online used to be super easy because you could sit at home and buy what you wanted and how many, and the sets were almost always online. Sure, you had to wait 7 days, but I could handle that. That really isn't the case anymore. It seems like stores are more reliable.

Belgium will only get 2 out of 4 Indy sets, Germany won't seem to get the new castle sets... except for financial arguments i don't see any logic behind it....

Really ?? That is so retarded IMO: either you sell the whole line or you don't sell it at all !!

Anuhow its great to be part of a community where members do help others to prevent those crappy issues :-D

*yoda*

Really ?? That is so retarded IMO: either you sell the whole line or you don't sell it at all !!

Anuhow its great to be part of a community where members do help others to prevent those crappy issues :-D

*yoda*

will the coast guard theme be available in France, Yoda? in the regular shops, i mean? there's something fishy going with this themewe won't be getting the entire line of that either

will the coast guard theme be available in France, Yoda? in the regular shops, i mean? there's something fishy going with this themewe won't be getting the entire line of that either

Well yep they will !!

On the catalogue on p36 is a pic of the water plane and truck and speed boat where its avalability is June. and there is no mention of it beeing limited or whatever.

then on the next page you have that Coast guard page where it says the availability is also june.

+ my lego rep told me they will carry them ;-)

*yoda*

Fred Meyer is amazingly slow. They've only just gotten a few of the new sets. :-/ And they still have a lot left over from last January... And this is a big box store, shouldn't they be moving faster?

As for SAH, I haven't noticed much. I'd just prefer that they organized the SW section. :-/

Will

Well before the Hoth Base, I never heard of items selling out

Either I live under a rock or its a recent thing ;-)

The real problem I have with LSAH is all those darn exclusives >:-(

P

I wouldn't really worry about the Dwarf's Mine yet...they only released that in October as a retail exclusive and from the looks of Toy Fair and the retailer catalogs it'll become regularly available with the rest of the new Castle sets in the Spring.

I wouldn't really worry about the Dwarf's Mine yet...they only released that in October as a retail exclusive and from the looks of Toy Fair and the retailer catalogs it'll become regularly available with the rest of the new Castle sets in the Spring.

Yes, but for $10.00 more and without the special edition box. I already have mine, but I feel sad and happy for the others who didn't. They can get it, but at a higher price.

Yes, but for $10.00 more and without the special edition box. I already have mine, but I feel sad and happy for the others who didn't. They can get it, but at a higher price.

I noticed that as well. Why the price increase? Because it's not a Special Edition? *wacko* I haven't heard of that before this...

I prefer to shop in-store to save on S+H and time. (I've opened sets in my car... :-P )

I much prefer the physical buying, lookin around at other sets in the store, I love browsing, with a huge old selection like some local shops here have (Some may know the story) I can literally stay for hours looking at sets new and old, and compairing from the 1990's they still have in stock to the new 2008 lines, I just love browsing, and sometimes I go places with one set in mind, and come back with something completely different :-$

I only order from shop at home as a last ditch effort, I've driven hours to get to a toysRus rather than ordering online for exclusives :-$

I also am disappointed with US S@H as for some sets aren't available anymore or sold out. For the same reason that they don't last or keep the sets for sale very long like they used to. Now with the dwarf set, I had the chance to buy one but I didn't and waited, then when I was ready to purchase they were sold out =(. I like both shopping online and in store but the only store that really have it all most of the time is TRU but their prices are higher than LEGO.com itself. Target is not too bad but they have the same easy to find sets on the shelve forever.

The other day I was on LEGO.com and the green grocer was posted to be released on Feb. 22 and the next day it was gone and yet to release either.

Still a lego fan :-P .

I don't buy my LEGO on S@H because of the shipping. I live in NZ.

NZD 0.00 - NZD 25.00 NZD 40.00

NZD 25.01 - NZD 100.00 NZD 50.00

NZD 100.01 - NZD 175.00 NZD 60.00

NZD 175.01 - NZD 250.00 NZD 70.00

NZD 250.01 and above NZD 80.00

Plus the set.

I only get it off there if its free shipping.