Sirens-of-Titan

Assembling the Horde

Hello guys, I'm happy to bring you the latest chapter to my rise of the Mage story!

You'll notice the major models are reused from the Challenge 4 prelude, and such is the nature of trying to build for 2 stories at the same time. The meaning of the scenes is quite different in this story however; I encourage you to give it a read if you have some time; it's a bit lengthy but it's the most telling and interesting chapter to date in terms of story. :wink:

Story is here --> MOCPages

And here are a few notable pictures:

1338692965m_DISPLAY.jpg

1338692998m_DISPLAY.jpg

1338693010m_DISPLAY.jpg

1338693024m_DISPLAY.jpg

1338693084m_DISPLAY.jpg

1338693139m_DISPLAY.jpg

1338693159m_DISPLAY.jpg

1338693199m_DISPLAY.jpg

As always I appreciate hearing your thoughts on these! Cheers, and thanks for reading! :wink:

~ S-o-T

Storywise, I like it much better than chapter 8, which, to me, was the weakest chapter so far. I still have no clue how the story will end, so I'd like pretty much to continue with chapter 10 right now :classic:

The builds and minifigures are brilliant. The orc fortress is beautiful, and so is the view on the capital city.

stunning as always, and quite a bit to read. I really like the orc fortress the best!

The story is riveting as always :thumbup:

The micro scale fortress looks great, and the dark elf figures work wonderfully!

The orc ruins are stunning, especially the angled wall connecting the two towers :thumbup:

Looking forward to the next chapter :classic:

Thanks guys, just two more chapters left till the end. :wink:

Thanks for reading, as always!

Wow, I can't wait for the next chapter, the story is woven masterfully, one day I wish to do this as well.

Great work. The builds and the story are very exciting. Like everyone else, I'd love to see the whole thing compiled (with photos) into one book document. It's all very epic. :classic:

Wow, just wow.

Please keep them coming. :cry_happy:

Great work. The builds and the story are very exciting. Like everyone else, I'd love to see the whole thing compiled (with photos) into one book document. It's all very epic. :classic:

I agree. That way I can catch up on the whole thing! :laugh: If you do compile it all, PDF please! :tongue: That'd be great. :wub_drool::moar:

I agree. That way I can catch up on the whole thing! :laugh: If you do compile it all, PDF please! :tongue: That'd be great. :wub_drool::moar:

I have been asked by a lot of folks to do this, so I may just do it once the story is done. :wink: Thanks for reading!

I can sit for hours just looking at all the great details you put in every scene. Don´t you ever get tired of a moc and rush it? Cause in every single moc you have it looks like it´s built to perfection! Love it!

I can sit for hours just looking at all the great details you put in every scene. Don´t you ever get tired of a moc and rush it? Cause in every single moc you have it looks like it´s built to perfection! Love it!

I do rush sometimes; and them I'm internally unhappy with myself. That's why it takes me so long to build; if it doesn't look good I just keep refining and refining until it does. An example of a rushed model is this:

1321577426m_SPLASH.jpg

As you can see; very crude, nothing special in terms of layout, and tons of ugly studs showing... :tongue:

That is totally me. I spend tons of hours on the first few things, and then rush the end in a big way. Like my challenge 3 entry - totally rushed the walls of the cavern at the end.

BTW, SoT, great MOCs and wonderful story. Keep up the great work. You should totally make a book out of it and self-publish. I'm sure you could get help from all of us in GoH if there are tasks you don't feel comfortable with.

Your story is very interesting (I just read through the whole thing!) and is providing me with motivation to work on my MOC skills so that I can eventually do something like this. I would love to be able to capture scenes from my novel-in-progress in Lego!

Keep up the excellent work and I look forward to seeing the next chapter! ^.^

Just like always, a really interesting story!!!! You just can't stop reading to take a break to eat something! :sweet:

I really like how you put those microscale things in your MOC to show a building far away :classic:

2 questions:

Where do we have to situate Leon in Historica? I always thought the father of Jason is our High King...

And to all Avalonians:

Great job: hunting down Drow because they are a threat to Historica in your eyes, while there are many Avalonians who rebel against the High King theirself...

"Avalonians will join the fight as well, when the hour of battle comes.�"

Just like always, a really interesting story!!!! You just can't stop reading to take a break to eat something! :sweet:

I really like how you put those microscale things in your MOC to show a building far away :classic:

2 questions:

Where do we have to situate Leon in Historica? I always thought the father of Jason is our High King...

And to all Avalonians:

Great job: hunting down Drow because they are a threat to Historica in your eyes, while there are many Avalonians who rebel against the High King theirself...

"Avalonians will join the fight as well, when the hour of battle comes.�"

That is a very interesting question! Nobody has asked about that before. :grin:

In truth, the story takes place in a type of alternative universe where The Guilds exist but are not situated around Cerdica but around the kingdom of Leon. It's the best device I had for explaining what the heck Asparuh and friends were doing in my Mitgardian MOC's. It wasn't planned this way but it mostly works. I mimicked good fantasy novels, so geography is broad enough for people to just say "yeah that makes sense", but not to draw a detailed map.

The other thing is; the not all of the members of the MOCpages crowd who read my story and comment on it are aware of GoH, so I put Guild "Easter eggs" in there to entertain the ones who are. For the rest, "Avalonia" is just a neat sounding made-up Kingdom.

That is a very interesting question! Nobody has asked about that before. :grin:

In truth, the story takes place in a type of alternative universe where The Guilds exist but are not situated around Cerdica but around the kingdom of Leon. It's the best device I had for explaining what the heck Asparuh and friends were doing in my Mitgardian MOC's. It wasn't planned this way but it mostly works. I mimicked good fantasy novels, so geography is broad enough for people to just say "yeah that makes sense", but not to draw a detailed map.

The other thing is; the not all of the members of the MOCpages crowd who read my story and comment on it are aware of GoH, so I put Guild "Easter eggs" in there to entertain the ones who are. For the rest, "Avalonia" is just a neat sounding made-up Kingdom.

:thumbup:

Great builds and story SoT! I saw it as the Prelude to Challenge 4 here, then on MOCpages as the story of Asparuh. Now, here it is in proper form as well! I love all the incarnations of it! Plus, the 'easter eggs' have been fun to notice while reading on MOCpages.