BobaFett2

Set Review 6195 Neptune Discovery Lab

After a lot of research on Bricklink, I decided that I had to get the Aquanauts Base. So I did, and here's a review. This is my first, so please give me tips for future set reviews.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2010...Reviews_001.jpg

The Aquanauts base is the largest Aquazone set. A mix of Transparent Blue, Yellow, and Blue, this set is wonderfully functional and has many rare/useful parts.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2010...Reviews_002.jpg

Playability: 5/5;

The Neptune Discovery Lab has many playable functions. It has a crane, which can grab small bricks, Crystals, or even Minifigures. It drops them onto a conveyor belt, one of the earlier ones. The conveyor belt can deliver the Crystal into a box or into the base under the floor. On either side of the back of the base is a door, each with a keypad. The two large doors in front also open. In addition to all this is a turret with an opening canopy, a fuel station with an opening canopy, and a vehicle. The vehicle is very playable, with movable arms and cockpit. In addition, the back part can open, allowing you to store crystals, containers, and weapons.

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2010...Reviews_014.jpg

Parts: 4/5;

Chock full of great parts. It comes with parts in unique colors, and the doors are huge and unique to this set. The large parts in the back are superb for bases, and the conveyor belt rocks. It contains many dome parts, which are very useful. The Baseplates are great, and very useful in an underwater theme.

Minifigures: 3/5;

Four Aquanauts and an Octopus isn't much, but since the minifigures in themselves are good the number works out. However, there are multiple stations where another Aquanaut would be useful.

Building Process: 5/5;

This set is very fun to build. The process goes in steps, first securing the baseplates together and building the foundation. Next comes building a vehicle, and after that finishing the building. Throughout the Building Process, there are many points at which the part built would make a great beginning for a custom base. Unfortunately, there are no additional ideas on the back, but with the abundance of useful parts, ideas are easy to come by.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2010...Reviews_013.jpg

Color Scheme: 5/5;

The color scheme is beautiful. It has a great mixture of Transparent Blue and Yellow, with some Black added in for good measure. It makes the building more futuristic, and in a way also makes it more realistic. The color is absolutely perfect, and combined with the aesthetic shape the set is spectacular.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2010...Reviews_012.jpg

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2010...Reviews_006.jpg

The submarine. It is larger than most of the other Aquanauts vehicles, and contains many useful parts.

For more images, go to this page.

Edited by WhiteFang
Removed [img] tags as images are 4000 x 3000

Please resize your images - they're huge. 800x600 is the max per our site guidelines.

I do look forward to viewing this review though.

Thanks for the informative review, BobaFett2. This set itself is very nice, and agree that the color scheme is really good.

However, please, please, please resize your images! 3000x4000 is just absolutely ridiculous, and many people have slower connections won't be able to see your review.

If you're interested and reviewing and would like a great chance to improve your skills (which you seem to be), I think you may benefit from joining the Reviewers Academy. It's a lot of work, but definitely worth the result.

Thanks for this review 'BobaFett2' - yeah resize please. :wink:

Interesting set I wonder if Altantis will end up with something like this - be worth getting either eh ?

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Kindly resize those giant images, before I index this review.

Thanks for your understanding. If actions are not taken, I will remove the deeplinks from this review.

Please resize your images - they're huge. 800x600 is the max per our site guidelines.

I do look forward to viewing this review though.

I know but I don't know how. I use html code but it's not working here. If you could please tell me how to resize them.

Review looks good but as stated above please resize your images, if you do not know how here's a handy tutorial by Lord of Pies . :wink:
I know but I don't know how. I use html code but it's not working here. If you could please tell me how to resize them.

Honestly. :hmpf:

Anyway as for the set, I think it's quite nice and I :wub: those undersea baseplates.

One thing you've forgotten to mention is the price of the set. :wink:

Please resize your images - they're huge.

They are not huge, they are ENORMOUS! :D

Anyway, thanks for the review BobaFett2, I'm really looking forward to reading it once that pictures issue is resolved! :thumbup:

EDIT: Resized! Yaaay! :)

funkybrick

Edited by funkybrick

OH, they can only be resized on paint, not with code? That's dumb... I can't change those they were uploaded from my computer to brickipedia and linked with a web url. Maybe I'll have time later but they took forever

OH, they can only be resized on paint, not with code? That's dumb... I can't change those they were uploaded from my computer to brickipedia and linked with a web url. Maybe I'll have time later but they took forever

I have removed the image tags as changed them to links only. These images are really too huge. You may deeplink once you have resized them accordingly.

Thanks.

Wikia, like Flickr, actually hosts several different sizes of each image, so the hard work has been done for you. To get the reasonably-sized one (800x600):

1. Go to the page for an individual image (like this one, for example)
  2. Right-click on the image
  3. DO NOT click the "Copy Link" option; you want to copy the image's address... the menu item varies by browser:

1. In Google Chrome, "Copy Image URL"
    2. In Safari, "Copy Image Address"
    3. In Firefox, "Copy Image Location"
    4. In Internet Explorer... I dunno, but probably something similar to the above

[*]Now you've copied the right address, which is a very long and odd looking URL like this one: http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2010...Reviews_001.jpg

And that image looks like so:

800px-LEGO_Set_Reviews_001.jpg

Hope that helps! :classic: If somebody can fill-in-the-blank for IE6/7/8, maybe we should include instructions like these (and how to post reasonably-sized images from flickr) to the tutorials...