badbob001

[MOC] Kiki (the witch)

With Halloween coming up, I finally got around to finishing my witch on a broom design. For the longest time, I had trouble getting the legs to look right, but with inspiration from this post, I got something I'm mostly happy with. And the idea for using the bush for part of the broom came from this Kiki MOC, though it is more Miniland scale.

15432390677_e9b2a8220b.jpg

In case you haven't guessed, it's based on the anime Kiki's Delivery Service:

15654527345_a1682fc3d6.jpg

Actual photos:

15468266958_eaeff3d3d2.jpg

15468842030_b4f797b7b4.jpg

How it was built:

15432801430_c0ac5e1dab.jpg

15037288544_d63f4efa89.jpg

There is a short bar connecting the bush to the dome, a long bar that goes from the dome through the round brick, 1x1 technic brick, headlight, and cone. I wish the LEGO friends hair bow came in red instead of magenta.

My next plan is to come up with a gaggle of witches in different colors, most likely in blue and dark green. My color choices are limited by the available colors for the 1x2 plate with a slope. I did try a 1x2 plate with a cheese slope, but it didn't look as good.

It's good that my investment on all those series 10 captains (with the seagulls) finally paid off. :)

I'm surprised that I could not find any minifigure-scale MOCs of someone actually sitting on a broom. Mostly I see the poor guy hanging on for dear life by just his or her arms. I'll see if this side-saddle position works for bicycles or horses.

Full size images at flickr.

Edited by badbob001

This is really cute! I love the way you did the legs, and the broom's pretty nicely done too! :thumbup:

Wow, this build brings back good memories of watching that movie. Great job! You got everything right!

Cute. I've watched that movie over and over when my little daughter really loved it.

Too little people watch Miyazaki films, they are great! This MOC certainly reminds me of the film. NPU on the broom.