Sign in to follow this  
HopelessMagic

New to site, but not to Legos!

Hello everyone!! My name is Cindy but you can call me Hope, Magic or HopelessMagic. Just not Hopeless. That gets depressing after awhile and then I'd be sad.

I'm 27 (nearly 28!) and I recently dragged my old lego sets out of the attic so my little girl could play with them. I almost forgot how much fun they were! Unlike when I was younger, I started doing what you guys call MOCing and hence how I found this place. I have mostly Pirate, Paradise and Space Legos. I'm hoping to get into this hobby a little more and hopefully get my daughter addicted into it too. :-D

I'm assuming most of you are from Europe since this site is called Eurobricks, right? LOL I'm from Pennsylvania in the States. Nice to meet you all!!!

Hey Cindy, welcome to EB!

It's always great to welcome a fan back into the fold, oh and we might be called EuroBricks but you can be sure that we members from all over the world *y*

Hey! *sweet*

Pirates, ye say? And a lady at that? X-D Which era do you have? And what sets? *pirate*

So will you be keeping the sets and getting your daughter new ones or vice versa? :-D

Oh, and you might want to knock the S off Legos - many people are very partick'ler about that ;-)

Edited by SlyOwl

Welcome to EB, an ecclectic mix of colourful personalities and even more colourful brick, coming together to create a world unlike any other. You have taken the first step into a much larger world. ;-)

Another Pirates and Paradisa fan? Excellent! *y*

Be sure to check out the Big Billboard o' Doom

Welcome to Eurobricks! I look forward to seeing some of your new MOCs.. *sweet*

Welcome. I am new too. Enjoy your stay.

Paradisa, is also a fave of mine, I have just recently completed my set of all the minifigs. :-P

Thanks for the warm welcome!

For Pirates I have the Castaway Raft, Forbidden Island, Black Seas Barracuda, Cross Bone Clipper, Caribean Clipper, Imperial Flagship, Eldorado Fortress and Imperial Trading Post. I think I missed some tiny sets but those are the big ones for sure.

I won't be working on a MOC for a little while still. Right now I'm sorting through the Harry Potter lego sets I was gifted. I got a box of bricks and 5 sets of instructions. 8-

Hello and welcome to our little magical mystery tour. *y*

51JLkmTM3tL._AA280_.jpg

And good luck with sorting your bricks.... X-D

Welcome To Eurobricks! You arent the only one here froDIT the US, Im in New York! *sweet*

Oh, and you might want to knock the S off Legos - many people are very partick'ler about that ;-)

I honestly dont understand why you people are so nit-pitck about that. It really annoying... |-/

Dp8

EDIT: Captain Green HAir I just saw your comment. That was uncalled for! :D

Edited by darthperson8

I honestly dont understand why you people are so nit-pitck about that. It really annoying... |-/

Moi? X-D Did I say I find it annoying? Nope. ;-)

Anyway, TLC themselves stated that they preferred that their product be known as Lego or Lego toys, but not Legos. Anyhoo, everyone knows that the plural of Lego is Lego :-P

Edited by SlyOwl

Well I honestly don't understand why you US-types like to add an "s" to words. It makes no sense, sounds silly and I find it annoying. ;-)

Welcome to EuroBricks Hopeless Magic!

I'm looking forward to some MOCs!

*sweet*

Edited by Exobuilder

I'm rather confused about the Lego or Legos issue. If you have a Lego brick, that is one Lego. If you have many Lego bricks, those are Legos. They say don't use the 'S', but then how will you know if you are talking about many Legos or just one Lego? Isn't that the purpose of plural words? *wacko*

I'm rather confused about the Lego or Legos issue. If you have a Lego brick, that is one Lego. If you have many Lego bricks, those are Legos. They say don't use the 'S', but then how will you know if you are talking about many Legos or just one Lego? Isn't that the purpose of plural words? *wacko*

Not every word has a plural. "Lego" is the company, "Lego Bricks" is the product... and plural.

It's best to let TLG (The LEGO Group) explain it themselves as they did on the back of some 80's era catalogs.

Dear Parents and Children

The word LEGO® is a brand name and is very special to all of

us in the LEGO Group Companies. We would sincerely like your

help in keeping it special. Please always refer to our bricks

as 'LEGO Bricks or Toys' and not 'LEGOS.' By doing so, you will

be helping to protect and preserve a brand of which we are very

proud and that stands for quality the world over. Thank you!

Susan Williams

Consumer Services

Well I honestly don't understand why you US-types like to add an "s" to words. It makes no sense, sounds silly and I find it annoying. ;-)

Touche. ;-)

I think I get it now. It does make sense, but I've just been calling them Legos for so many years, it's going to be hard to change! Don't crucify me if I slip LOL.

Oh and I wanted to ask, how do you move up in rank? Is it mostly post based? I wanted to post my Harry Potter find in the Find section but I couldn't because I'm a Vassal. How long until I move up in the ranks?

Don't crucify me if I slip LOL.
:-D You're safe from me... ;-)
Oh and I wanted to ask, how do you move up in rank? Is it mostly post based?
Yes, once you have made 100 posts you won't have that restriction. We were forced to do that as we were flooded recently with people who joined just so they could use us as eBay... :-/ Even so, please don't go silly trying to raise your post count.