Sign in to follow this  
badboytje88

MOC: Lovegood home (wip)

FINISHED MOC ON PAGE 2

So I bought 4194 Whitecap Bay yesterday. I have to admit I wasn't going to buy it at first and just get the mermaids from bricklink. But then I went to work (I work at a cinema untill I graduate) and I had to supervise the premiere of PotC4. After seeing the movie I just had to have the set since it's such an iconic scene in the movie. I built the set and as soon as I finished it I noticed how much it reminded me of the Lovegood home from the HP universe. So I tore most of it down and build it again. I removed the play features so it wouldn't collapse all the time. I've added a baseplate, two big ugly castle pieces and some window and doors in tan/white. And voila: Lovegood home.

5739433202_2bd83c50ec.jpg

Keep in mind this is still a WIP so I still need to add some details and I will probably change some minor things about the house but as far as the basic shape of the house, this will be it.

Comments and Critics are more than welcome.

Edited by badboytje88

I'm not familiar with the reference material so I had to google it and found this:

250px-LovegoodHouseIntact.jpg

That is already a good start badboytje, getting the first floor door, roof, and entrance stairs correct. Next step would be to build the second floor windows with triangular roof, and then the larger body of the house with the unique tapering overall shape.

Wow you did more research than me. I didn't even bother looking at reference pics. I'm gonna check some reference pics and improve my MOC. :sweet:

I saw this on Flickr earlier today. It's a very good start, and looks very sturdy. However, I think you should make it more crooked, and pint more trees and odd plants outside. An interior would be nice too.

Well done, and I look forward to seeing it done!

But the collapsing function would fit in perfectly in the scene from Deathly Hallows. :wink::grin:

A good start so far. I'd also like it to be crooked, but having a circular, crooked building is a hard thing to accomplish.

Now there's a set Lego should have done the Lovegood house with a collapse ability. Excellent work so far 'badboytje88', I can't wait for the rest of it to do completed. :thumbup:

Keep on casting spells ! :grin:

5768156137_a0a343123d.jpg

I decided to rebuild my original model to make it look more like the real deal. So what do you think?

Comments and Critics are more than welcome. More pics to follow.

I like this new version a lot! It's quite a bit more accurate than the first attempt, and it looks very good. I look forward to the next one, well done, and good luck with it!

The newer version looks much better! Really reminiscent of the Lovegood home. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Like the above, this one is much more accurate and reminiscent of the movie home. I can't wait to see the completed product. :thumbup:

2 questions, is the back of the house open? Also, are you planning to do an interior?

Looks a lot more accurate now :thumbup: , I love that large bay window which resembles the real one remarkarbly well. :classic:

I cannot wait to see more of this WIP project.

Thanks for the compliments you guys! Any idea on the roof tops? Tile them or leave the studs visible?

2 questions, is the back of the house open? Also, are you planning to do an interior?

Yes and Yes! :sweet:

It's really impressive to start off this MOC from memory, and even the first picture was reminiscent to me of the Lovegood home. I know it'll get more and more interesting as you rework it to what you want, and add in the details you plan. :sweet:

Plus I'm impressed at how clean your bath is! :tongue:

Plus I'm impressed at how clean your bath is! :tongue:

Whaha I NEVER thought anyone would notice that this shot was taken in my bath tub :tongue:

5775216117_39eb134871.jpg

I've finished the exterior and added some of the foliage to the outside of the home. Still need to add a bush of dirigitable plums. I'm currently working on the inside of the home. It will feature a kitchen, a printing press, luna's bedroom, the erumpet horn and the bust of Rowena Ravenclaw.

Comments and critics are more than welcome.

The exterior looks excellent! It really looks just as it does in the film. I love the crookedness of it. I look forward to the next update!

Hi there, and welcome to our home. Let me introduce myself. My name is Xenophilius Lovegood and this is my daughter Luna. Let us welcome you into our home and be free to look around in our garden but keep in mind, don't pick the dirigitable plums.

5852813272_7aa6dc2074_z.jpg

Here you see a shot of the front of our house. It’s build to resemble a rook from a chess board.

5852244719_c6804a485c_z.jpg

5852244389_67f8dd7b59_z.jpg

5852798118_84af137cf0_z.jpg

5852797884_bf2885b383_z.jpg

We live in a very calm neighborhood and our closest neighbors live miles away over the hills. You might know them, they’re the Weasley family. Here you see a shot of our two houses so you can compare the size.

5852243545_0d1157b077_z.jpg

This is our small but cozy kitchen. Luna is making plimpy soup. People always ask for the recipe of our plimpy soup. That’s how much they like it!

5852242555_8203865856_z.jpg

This the office of the Quibbler, my own paper. I’m the editor and the chief. I see we’re having some of Luna’s friends over. It’s Harry Potter, Ronald Weasley and Hermione Grainger. Hermoine is telling the boys ‘The tale of the three brothers’ from ‘The tales of Beedle the Bard.

5852796172_a336bc4320_z.jpg

5852242025_2cbe1144e0_z.jpg

5852241565_5b66ece7cd_z.jpg

This is our living room. I’ve always collected rare artifacts. Here you see a replica of the diadem of Rowena Ravenclaw. A taxidermy animal of a species that has yet to be classified. And last but not least the horn of a Crumple-Horned Snorkack.

5852239701_bf542f2321_z.jpg

The last room in our hose is the bedroom of my dear daughter Luna. She painted the ceiling herself.

5852792912_130a6c35fc_z.jpg

Here I am signaling the Death Eaters that I have Harry Potter here in my home. Maybe if I hand over Harry they’ll give my back my Luna.

5852792650_d156014cab_z.jpg

Since both my house and the Burrow didn’t have a toilet, we build an outhouse. We do have to share it with the Weasleys.

5852238717_1e02688a88_z.jpg

Hi there Neville, sorry to interrupt you!

5852791936_846722c53f_z.jpg

5852237581_14cc07dab1_z.jpg

Thanks for watching. We hope you enjoyed the tour. Please leave a comment below.

5852237285_48f99aba26_z.jpg

5852235727_6c9dc2a391_z.jpg

Edited by badboytje88

Not too shabby, nice job. If Xeno would quit looking out of the window signalling Death Eaters and realize that Luna is in her room. :tongue:

I like that you told a little story while showing the pictures. I think you did a good job in capturing the Lovegoods residence.

Good job! It really does look great with all the details you added. You included almost all the details from the book, and you made them perfectly. Well done, and thanks for sharing!

Not too shabby, nice job. If Xeno would quit looking out of the window signalling Death Eaters and realize that Luna is in her room. :tongue:

I like that you told a little story while showing the pictures. I think you did a good job in capturing the Lovegoods residence.

Good job! It really does look great with all the details you added. You included almost all the details from the book, and you made them perfectly. Well done, and thanks for sharing!

Thanks for your kind words. This really has been an easy and enjoyable build. I don't think I can tear it down... Normally I tear down a MOC after I make pictures. This one might be a keeper. :sweet:

Very good work! I like how you combined the story and the presentation of your MOC. Your Xeno figure is also very clever!

Would it be possible that you add a list (or LDD file) showing which pieces you have used from Whitecap Bay Set and which you have added from your collection? So we can replicate it (because it's perfect, awesome).

great job! But is it just me, or does Neville look happy that he got interrupted :laugh:

Edited by sputnik16

Very good work! I like how you combined the story and the presentation of your MOC. Your Xeno figure is also very clever!

Thanks a lot. I'm quite proud of the fig.

Would it be possible that you add a list (or LDD file) showing which pieces you have used from Whitecap Bay Set and which you have added from your collection? So we can replicate it (because it's perfect, awesome).

Poeh I have no idea how to do that. If you could tell me how to do it I'd be more than happy to make a list.

great job! But is it just me, or does Neville look happy that he got interrupted :laugh:

I don't know... Maybe he has some weird kind of fetish! :tongue:

Well, I must say the Lovegood house has come up a treat.....excellent work and neat story telling too 'badboytje88' and keep on casting those spells ! :grin: