_Samibotss_

[LDD] [MOC] Venator Class Star Destroyer

a1nCgmN.jpg

My Custom UCS Venator Class Star Destroyer, Inspired by LEGO'S Imperial Star Destroyer UCS

Not THAT Big, But still took me Hours to build.

What do you think? ;)

It looks really nice from a distance... But then so does my face... What is it like up close? For the scale you've worked at, the relevant details seem to have been successfully achieved :classic:

It looks really nice from a distance... But then so does my face... What is it like up close? For the scale you've worked at, the relevant details seem to have been successfully achieved :classic:

The distance doesn't change much. For The scale it's way bigger than the Official Venator Class Star Destroyer from LEGO, But Smaller than the UCS Star Destroyer...

Looks spot-on!

Thanks!

Good work. :)

May I suggest :

- to add studs on the wings

- to make the 2 main bridges a bit less high. Use slope 65 instead of slopes 75. :)

May I suggest :

- to make the 2 main bridges a bit less high. Use slope 65 instead of slopes 75. :)

Thanks for the suggestion :D Btw Are you the the owner of the TechLUG channel that does all these Star Wars UCS Models? If Yes, Keep dooing what you are doing ;) I love it

Are you the the owner of the TechLUG channel that does all these Star Wars UCS Models?

It's me, Mario Anio !

What do you think? ;)

Well, I think this looks eerily familiar. Again. What did you say your model was inspired from? :/

VenatorNewLightGray.jpg

You also added some modifications an american fan did to this older version from 2005, like more detailed engines and a different turbolaser entrenchment.

Oh, and you probably don't know this, but this model is in scale with the UCS Imperial Star Destroyer. More ship in the same scale on Brickcommander.com ...

Edited by BrickCommander

Well, I think this looks eerily familiar. Again. What did you say your model was inspired from? :/

You also added some modifications an american fan did to this older version from 2005, like more detailed engines and a different turbolaser entrenchment.

Oh, and you probably don't know this, but this model is in scale with the UCS Imperial Star Destroyer. More ship in the same scale on Brickcommander.com ...

I've done mine In LDD, yours has alot of differences like different engines, different types of bricks, etc... I'm using star wars as a reference model, and so are you...

yours is bigger. I was inspired to do a venator model when I first saw LEGO'S ucs Imperial star destroyer.

Alot of people built UCS Venators,.. And If we are building upon the same base model, of course there are going to be similarities.

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page. Thank you.

Looks good to me -- the system scale venator set was always way too small.

Edited by Raskolnikov

CrapDoughnut.jpg

See, the main problem here is that your story ... doesn't make sense, to put it friendly. If that model above is an indication of your skill level, it is highly unlikely (to say the least) that you went right on to designing a model as complex as the Venator. And purely in LDD, at that!

Those odds even become astronomical when considering the fact that your model is a 1:1 copy of my older design and the modifications done by Bob Kos from Colorado three years ago (yes, the engines for example), down to details that could have been done in dozen different ways. What are the chances that you would, purely by coincidence and based on the same reference, build a Venator yourself that is identical to a model you can find on the internet? It couldn't be more obvious that your inspiration came from a downloaded file, which you present here as your own creation. And that's really the only problem. See, I gave several people permission to do with my model what they want, including selling kits on ebay. I really don't care, as long as they don't claim ownership of the design. That would not be acceptable.

For now I assume you are a younger builder who doesn't know better, but you absolutely must not pass off other people's creation as your own. If you use someone else's work you need to ask for permission first or at least give the person credit for his work (which means you should mention who originally created the model your work is based on).

And this is the latest version of my 2005 model (the other built copy is from 2008), inkluding Bob's mods and some other detail changes by myself.

VenatorUCSFInal.png

See, the main problem here is that your story ... doesn't make sense, to put it friendly. If that model above is an indication of your skill level, it is highly unlikely (to say the least) that you went right on to designing a model as complex as the Venator. And purely in LDD, at that!

Those odds even become astronomical when considering the fact that your model is a 1:1 copy of my older design and the modifications done by Bob Kos from Colorado three years ago (yes, the engines for example), down to details that could have been done in dozen different ways. What are the chances that you would, purely by coincidence and based on the same reference, build a Venator yourself that is identical to a model you can find on the internet? It couldn't be more obvious that your inspiration came from a downloaded file, which you present here as your own creation. And that's really the only problem. See, I gave several people permission to do with my model what they want, including selling kits on ebay. I really don't care, as long as they don't claim ownership of the design. That would not be acceptable.

For now I assume you are a younger builder who doesn't know better, but you absolutely must not pass off other people's creation as your own. If you use someone else's work you need to ask for permission first or at least give the person credit for his work (which means you should mention who originally created the model your work is based on).

And this is the latest version of my 2005 model (the other built copy is from 2008), inkluding Bob's mods and some other detail changes by myself.

Okay, I'll say this for the last time. The Story, Is that I once was interested in building a ucs like model based off a star wars ship. I saw the size of teh Imperial Star Destroyer 10030, And thought why not do this for the venator. I

Saw other models that people made like techlug's huge version, but I did not rip off any work of any person. There are differences, and I did not just load a .lxf and displayed it.

I understand your suspicions, But I assure I have not ripped anyone.

Now for Credits, I would go to say Thanks to TechLUG,For the inspiration, and some of his videos showing off. I also saw a video of a guy building it in timelapse usign tlg's instructions,

It helped me get a feel for what I should to make my model.

The one you are showing not only has alot of differences in the color choice but also on the placement of bricks.

And for that LEGO Ideas Project, I was aiming at midi-scale,simply because LEGO Ideas production budget isn't big : They refused many projects due to their size or brick count....

Just because I made a midi-scale TFC doesn't mean I'm not capable of building a Mid-UCS sized set. I've been building and collecting LEGOs for a decade Now.

You are quite correct "Samibotss", you will have said this for the last time. Your pants are on fire because you are a liar and a thief. And here's proof of your deeds. I happened to find "your" MOC in my LEGO email account, dating back to January 2013 - that was when Bob Kos sent me this particular modified version of my design:

VenatorAlfa.png

a1nCgmN.jpg

Amazing, huh? Except for some light gray plates on top of the front the models are absolutely identical, down to the last brick. Even the little transparent-light blue plates Bob put into the ship for some reason (they are very dark on your picture) are all there, in exact the same locations.

I rest my case.

You are a (not very good) liar and a thief. In real life now would be handcuff-time for you. Get out of here.

Edited by BrickCommander

First pic was enough evidence for me. No need for more discussion about this. It's sad people with so little respect exhibit their bad manners on this forum. It's almost ruefully naive to take such well known design and bring it to eurobricks audience, where multiple members would recognise it within first glimpse... Hans has full right to be upset - If someone stole my venator design, I'd probably go even less polite...

Reporting this topic although maybe it should remain here just as a warning. Mods will know the best.

This is kinda disappointing... :/

May I suggest :

This is kinda disappointing... :/

My thoughts exactly ... :wall:

Although we can't be sure, I think you hit the nail on the head with this comment.

I see people posting well known MOCs all the time of Facebook, without any reference to the original builder. Some do this intentionally, others might have simply forgotten it.

Anyway, looking at the model, it can't be a coincidence.

Samibotts, I hope you understand what has been said here and that you will give credits to the original designers in the future.

The best way to prove us wrong; is to present a brand new self-designed MOC!

I will leave this topic open so Samibotts has a chance to make a last reply. After that I will lock it.

Hello - This is my first post on Euro Bricks.

Via another forum, I discovered someone on a French web site selling plans for the Venator, I tried to contact them to purchase the plans but the email bounced "setechnic @ gmail.com" (obviously without spaces).

I was informed that the person who's plans I was trying to purchase is a regular here at Euro Bricks.

On joining and doing a search this is the first thread that I have found, I don't want to get it wrong so would someone kindly point me in the direction of who I need to contact so that I can purchase an instruction and parts list please.

Hello - This is my first post on Euro Bricks.

Via another forum, I discovered someone on a French web site selling plans for the Venator, I tried to contact them to purchase the plans but the email bounced "setechnic @ gmail.com" (obviously without spaces).

I was informed that the person who's plans I was trying to purchase is a regular here at Euro Bricks.

On joining and doing a search this is the first thread that I have found, I don't want to get it wrong so would someone kindly point me in the direction of who I need to contact so that I can purchase an instruction and parts list please.

I believe Anio is who you are after http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showuser=5344

Yep, that's me.

The email you mentionned is correct.

If you used it, I am pretty sure I already replied. ;)

Just saw this now, and to say the least, this situation is not good. It is one thing to use someone's design and then post a picture of it but in this case _Samibotss_ first posted it and then claimed over and over that it was his design. Seeing the image of the LDD file roasted _Samibotss_ so bad that he probably needed multiple extinguishers.

Edited by Cjd223