Sign in to follow this  
Lost Viking

The Chronicles of Narnia

I just saw it yesterday and boy was it amazing, extremely true to the book and great acting! And Aslan was amazing! Go see it right now! Best movie I have seen this year.

I saw it yesterday too, and really enjoyed it. Though, I don't think it was as good as LOTR, even though it was more true to the book the LOTR was...

Oh man, it was amazing.

A few bits and pieces here and there bugged me, but it was extremely amazing. I enjoyed it so much.

Definitely a must-have.

<<DV>>

This sounds like a movie that is a "must see", right?

Too bad that it first comes out on december 25 here in Denmark :(

That sucks! Oh well, more suspense for you :-D

Yeah more suspense for me! ;)

Hey, but im used to that Denmark gets everything later, most things atleast

havn't seen it but plan to.

its christian .

edit: woohoo! 90 posts... didnt realize had so many in such short time!

its christian

Que? What do You mean christian?

KimT

its christian

KimT

It was written by a christian man but the movie/book has nothing to do with christianity.

I could say that the Lord of the Rings is christian if what you say is true.

its christian

KimT

It was written by a christian man but the movie/book has nothing to do with christianity.

I could say that the Lord of the Rings is christian also.

My point excatly - a lot of things would be Christian then.... Nazism for example *sick*

KimT

its christian

KimT

I could say that the Lord of the Rings is christian also.

My point excatly - a lot of things would be Christian then.... Nazism for example *sick*

KimT

Lol, dont go to far Kim :-D

I wanna see it too, but I don't know unitl when I have to wait :(

Hope for next monday or tuesday (wish me good luck!!! :oD )

Your saying that Aslan dying to free Peter of his sins is nothing to do with Christianity?

No. The Chronicles of Narnia is an allegory on the life and death of Jesus - I agree. But most stories are allegories or something the like over a theme in our life and religion. This is what make those stories great.

I'm sure the story isn't meant to be seen as a Christian movie as LOTR isn't to be read as a story based on The Great War! - Great stories are meant to be seen and loved not interpreted from this day to Ragnarok / Armageddon. Just pointing it out! ;)

KimT

Your saying that Aslan dying to free Peter of his sins is nothing to do with Christianity?

No. The Chronicles of Narnia is an allegory on the life and death of Jesus - I agree. But most stories are allegories or something the like over a theme in our life and religion. This is what make those stories great.

I'm sure the story isn't meant to be seen as a Christian movie as LOTR isn't to be read as a story based on The Great War! - Great stories are meant to be seen and loved not interpreted from this day to Ragnarok / Armageddon. Just pointing it out! ;)

KimT

at first i had no idea what was going on with this religious element in the thread. but now that i heard a guy on radio talking about it, i understand.

1) it is a film about christianity, far more than the good-evil concept you can find in LOTR, in fact, some even see it as an attempt by Disney to silence critisism that they've become a supporter of "progressive" values, themes, ... for instance, they seem to refer to the kids at some point as "children of adam and eve"...

2) according to what i heard, there are lots of religious references to christianity in the film, but you can ignore them if you want. you don't have to accept all that stuff in order to enjoy the film

is it better than hp4?

I saw it last wednesday!!! I liked Narnja, but I do not think that it is better than Harry Potter 4.

Narnja is, in my opinion, very cute and nice story for kids and adults. It has got a lot of very nice effects and the "animals" are made better than I had expected (in the trailer it seems as if there would be too many "animal"-conversations).

Some things while the battle on the field remebered a lot to the battle scenes of the "Lord of the Rings"!

In the end, it was nice to see, but not better than Harry Potter. Harry Potter is just great to see and to read. *voldemort*

i saw Narnia two days ago and i would give it 6.5-7/10

first, expectations were high. as a child, i saw the animated film which was amazing! :oD one of my all time favorites...

the graphics are great, but you need something more than just great graphics if you want to have a classic. i feel the story is a bit thin once the kids are in Narnia. i also don't understand what the which was talking about when she talked to Aslan in his camp, and you still don't know much about Narnia after having seen the film...

i guess it's impossible to avoid a comparison with LOTR. both are epic stories with quests, battles, individual struggles,... unfortunately, narnia doesn't do well in that comparison: the battle is rather simplistic and doesn't really give what i was hoping for; the actor (Peter) doesn't really have the charisma of a king or a leader (especially compared to viggo mortensen). the quest to see Aslan is rather short and comes down to crossing a river and traveling thru a forest... it just lacks... something....

in short, the film misses what the frech call "grandeur". it's an attempt to turn a classic story into a classic film, but it doesn't quite live up to that ambition...

btw, do we get 7 films (the book has 7 volumes)?

I think because the first did well enough we will get three for sure.

LW&W

Prince Caspian

The Voage of the Dawn Treader (which I think will be amazing if they can pull it off right)