Hinckley

Comic Con Exclusive Raffle

What's with all the whining? It's $5 for a chance at an expensive SDCC exclusive set. I don't care if they by coke and hookers with the money.

Buy-in on! deino2.gif

Hear hear! It's a great chance to win a fantastic set. My money's on the table! :laugh:

Thanks for donating the set CopMike!

Alright - I'm in.

First 50 get a chance, but is there a fall-back date for ending the raffle?

I would love to win this puppy :sweet: but I have a question: What if you don't have a PayPal account? Do you have to make one?

Paid!

Thanks for the offer Copmike!

Just out of coriosity, how many tickets have sold so far?

Well, I've got my ticket, and sent my PM. I'm really looking forward to the draw! :sweet: Thanks very much to the staff for organising this, I would never be able to afford this set otherwise, so I'm glad to be able to get a ticket, and help support EB at the same time. :thumbup:

I would love to win this puppy :sweet: but I have a question: What if you don't have a PayPal account? Do you have to make one?

Yes, sorry. It's paypal payments only. Trust me, starting a paypal account will help you in perpetuating your LEGO hobby.

Update: Halfway there. Only 25 tickets remaining.

My first post. Great idea for the raffle, I'd love to get hold of that.

One query. I did PM but haven't had a confirmation - should I be expecting one?

Thanks

Graham

hop, 1 ticket for me ;)

I lost the UCS falcon last time... maybe this time will be the good one ;)

My first post. Great idea for the raffle, I'd love to get hold of that.

One query. I did PM but haven't had a confirmation - should I be expecting one?

Thanks

Graham

I got your registration, so no worries. I will send out confirmations, once I have matched up all the payments with the EB members. I have one payment more than I have PMs about the raffle.

So if you made payment and didn't PM me, do so right away with your paypal e-mail address to make sure you get your ticket.

Hiya. I just bought a ticket but there was no place to write any notes, it never gave me the option :sceptic:

Sorry!

I just read the note above - pm on it's way.

edit: What was I thinking?! Putting my email address on here :pir-oh:

Edited by chris_austin

Hiya. I just bought a ticket but there was no place to write any notes, it never gave me the option :sceptic: The email address used was ...

sorry!

Where does it still ask to write a note? The instructions say to PM me with your paypal e-mail after you've made your purchase.

EDIT: I found the one spot it still asked to write your username in the notes and replaced it with the appropriate instructions. Thanks for pointing that out.

Important: Once you've purchased your raffle ticket, PM me immediately with your paypal e-mail address so I can match the payments with the user.

OK, to avoid what's happening now, please don't PM me to double check if you PMed me. I will send out confirmations before Monday. So if you don't receive a confirmation by Monday, then PM me to double check if you sent one. Thank you.

Thanks to CopMike for donating the set! Also, thanks to the staff for organizing this and to Hinckley for taking the time to work out all the bugs!

My payment is in and my PM is sent! woo!!

UPDATE: I was able to confirm 33 raffle registrations. There are 5 more payments I am unable to match to EB members because people aren't following the instructions. Follow the instructions, they're big and in red. It's not that difficult. Verify your payment with me by PM or you will lose your slot in the raffle.

Here are the verified members:

(If you have paid and don't see your display name in this list, PM me with your paypal e-mail-like you were supposed to in the first place...)

• adik_sa_lego
  • agrotic
  • Big Pete
  • cagri
  • captmaarek
  • Cardinal Brick
  • chris_austin
  • Dadster
  • Deinonychus
  • DGFD
  • Dragonator
  • Dude
  • eastpole
  • elkmn
  • graham g
  • James Markham
  • Jesper
  • juniormak
  • KDog
  • Knightsword
  • LegoFranks
  • legoman
  • MarkyPops
  • meschepers
  • Mirandir
  • pedro
  • ReZourceman
  • RoscoPC
  • satruncoupe1999
  • ultraman_bc
  • UniqueBuilder
  • ups
  • xaphor

will this set be out in stores so people can buy it?

Legoking

No ... it was a Comic Con Exclusive. You may be able to buy it via ebay / bricklink but that's about it and it won't be cheap either!

No ... it was a Comic Con Exclusive. You may be able to buy it via ebay / bricklink but that's about it and it won't be cheap either!

Yeah, this really is a great shot (1 in 50 is not too shabby) at acquiring a rare set for only $5. And for the 49 that don't win, they still helped out this fantastic site. Tickets are selling fast, so it looks like we'll know the winner soon!

OK, to avoid what's happening now, please don't PM me to double check if you PMed me. I will send out confirmations before Monday. So if you don't receive a confirmation by Monday, then PM me to double check if you sent one. Thank you.

I'd like to send a PM to confirm that the previous PM I used to confirm my entry has, indeed, been confirmed! :tongue: :tongue:

You guys did this with a UCS Falcon?!

Great way to raise funds for the site!

What's with all the whining? It's $5 for a chance at an expensive SDCC exclusive set. I don't care if they buy coke and hookers with the money.

Coke and hookers, good idea :laugh:

All money from this or future raffles goes to Eurobricks. Same for the money made by the eBay adds. It's all used for hosting and prizes for upcoming contests (you can expect some contest with amazing prizes very soon!). Since we are running on our own server (to provide our members the best possible Eurobricks experience) we do have some costs related with this.

It's a pity I can't join, but good luck to everyone! I hope the winner makes some pics and maybe a review :wink:

This is my first post. :cry_happy: (noob joy)

Sadly its to say how bad I feel that I had not joined eurobricks until today. :cry_sad:

I have been lurking for many years and its been enough to read along.

Even though I had my lucky 5 bucks ready I cannot join in the fun. I'll do the lotto instead. Maybe Dr Peppers and a good listener.

Good luck to all you lucky brickfiends -but do me one favour.

If you win, take all those lovely minifigs out of the boxes and play with them.Lots. :grin:

Yours Bad Dad.

Are there any tickets left? I hope I'm not too late! :cry_sad:

Oh, and welcome to EB, Bad Dad. :classic:

This is my first post. :cry_happy: (noob joy)

Sadly its to say how bad I feel that I had not joined eurobricks until today. :cry_sad:

I have been lurking for many years and its been enough to read along.

Even though I had my lucky 5 bucks ready I cannot join in the fun. I'll do the lotto instead. Maybe Dr Peppers and a good listener.

Good luck to all you lucky brickfiends -but do me one favour.

If you win, take all those lovely minifigs out of the boxes and play with them.Lots. :grin:

Yours Bad Dad.

Welcome Bad Dad. I wish you the best of luck on the next raffle. There will be many more. Glad to see you signed up. Your first post made me laugh. Thanks

Speaking of the next raffle, I think I'm going to make it a rule that if you don't follow the instructions, you're not eligible. There, I vented. Thanks for letting me get that off my chest. :blush: First post is updated with raffle participant list. If you paid and you're not on it, it's because you can't follow instructions. PM me to rectify the situation immediately. I will give the remaining slots away to people who can follow the instructions and refund the payments of the people I can't match up with EB members... Sorry. I feel that's only fair.

Best of luck to everyone. :classic: