I love the fortified bridge, the old mill, the avalonian farm, the mitgardian homestead and the larger kaliplin mill. These are amazing minis! The lantern for the Petreae student is excellent as well. Great work!

Wow Kai you're outdoing yourself with all these great micros! Really neat design :thumbup:

Thanks! In fact, thanks for all your comments about mine! :sweet:

NM, love the way you edited the background, and the border as well! :thumbup:

December 16th - Kaliphlin Oil Rig

8280385926_c9d62be423.jpg

advent.calendar.16.pumpjack

A Kaliphlin pumpjack oil well. A captive magical imp inside the motorhouse turns the drive shaft which moves the 'donkeyhead' up and down, pumping precious Black Oil from the desert sands.

Sorry for posting this one so late; life got in the way today. I'll try to post the 17th's later, but probably won't get it done until midday on the 17th US Pacific time. Hopefully then I should be back on schedule for the rest of the week.

Looks great, quite realistic! The black line on the bottom is a nice touch! :thumbup:

Looks great, quite realistic! The black line on the bottom is a nice touch! :thumbup:

Yes, near Petraea the Black Oil is quite close to the surface!

Very good idea for a mini model! Looks great :thumbup:

Thanks. It might be a bit advanced technology for Historica, but I saw a few of those old-style Technic axle and pin connectors in my collection, and the idea popped into my head. We have quite a few of those donkeyhead pumpjacks here in California, and my son loves seeing them when we drive south, so he was into this build and helped me figure out part of it. Not bad for a five year old.

BTW, those technic connectors are from my pre-dark ages, probably from 1978's 954 Helicopter! Those antique parts are still as good as the day they were made (although most of the bushings from that set have cracked).

December 17th - Prickly Pookfruit Cactus

8281771538_5c8c436190.jpg

advent.calendar.17.pp.cactus

Common around Petraea and in the south and southeast Siccus badlands. Delicious leaves and fruit, but slightly hallucinogenic. Favorite meal of desert womp-rats.

(Apologies - my wife has the camera today, so this is a mobile phone picture)

EDIT -- Oops, just realized I should have put green 1x1 plates behind the holes in the 2x2 round plates. Oh well, imagine that a womp-rat took a bit out of the middle of each leaf.

Edited by NiceMarmot

Pic looks fine to me :classic:

It's not great when you zoom in, but at this size it's OK. Plus there's not a lot of detail in the build. It's an iPhone 3GS, so the camera is not great. However, I pumped up the brightness and contrast in GIMP, and I think that helped a lot. I was a bit surprised at how good it turned out actually.

Edited by NiceMarmot

...I was a bit surprised at how good it turned out actually.

I can even read the "LEGO" on the bricks... so it seems fine to me! Nice build as well, just a question; is this minifigure scale? (I would hope so, otherwise it's huge!) Great use for the flower! :thumbup:

December 18th - Silo Cottage

calendar03.jpg

This is a guest build from Jareth, a micro version of his Silo Cottage build, in Scarborough in Northern Nocturnus.

Well, I'm behind again on the calendar. Of course, I didn't use the EB downtime yesterday to do any building. :hmpf_bad: Will try to catch up today.

Quite nice! :thumbup: Recognized it instantly! Like the detail with the wood also!

Glad to see another minifig size one! :thumbup: Nice falling ice! We really should complain to the Mitgardian Council; they need readable signage! :laugh:

Well, sorry guys, but I just didn't get a chance to build up a decent backlog of builds, and now we're going on holiday today. So this will probably be it for the Advent Calendar until after the new year. I have one build that didn't get photographed, so I'll post that when we get back, and then see if I can finish up then. Have a great holiday!

Too bad for the last 4 ones, but really great job NM & K.NRG!!

I love the micro's and almost all the real scale's made me laugh! (except that one from Nocturnus, that really looks scary...)