Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2013 Pictures and Rumors

Well, Pong Krell I would say is the Best Minifig this wave. Lego did a great job on the details and shape of him. I'm also really pleased with the Phase I Clone Trooper and the Phase II Clone Trooper Pilot, its to bad the pilot isn't in any cheap sets though. I hope that we see a Dexter Minifig for the May the Fourth Be With You Minifig since lego has a great mold of the Besalisk species and the Phase II clone Pilot in a planet set soon.

Edited by North Lego Star

So I am seeing everyone hate on the Krell figure, time for some facts and concept pics!

If you ask me, I think LEGO got the size, look, and feel absolutely perfect from the Clone Wars TV Show!

Give the figure a chance before you bash the crap out of it, I've gotten in contact with an associate and I will have this figure by Saturday and be posting high quality images and a YouTube video showcasing how everything works!

David

So I'm guessing that you've been bashing the crap out of the Chewbacca minifig for years? I just looked at the source material, and LEGO made him too short.

Is the AOTC Clone helmet a new mold, or is it the TCW mold? Either way, it looks great.

I think it's a new mold (reasons see above).

Anyone noticed that Yoda from AT-RT finally gets new more detailed torso:

8191446526_faeb6a62f3.jpg

Also I think that the A-wing pilot uses Samwise Gamgee's head from LOTR.

Edit: The new book "Yoda chronicles" that wil come exclusive fig:

yodachronicles-3.jpg

yodachronicles-4.jpg

And two other books:

starwarsdkreader2013.jpg

Edited by Krulis

Higher quality pics of the January wave at fbtb for anyone who's interested

http://www.fbtb.net/...ry-2013-images/

Thanks for the link :classic:

It's reassuring that I won't be spending much next year, most of the sets are just 'meh' as far as I'm concerned. The only one I'll get is the Rancor Pit which should fit nicely with the (overpriced) Palace. I really don't like the new design of the boxes though; it looks like a cartoon hybrid between LOTR & SW :sceptic: :sceptic: I never thought I'd say it but please bring back Darth Maul, all is forgiven!

Thanks for the link :classic:

It's reassuring that I won't be spending much next year, most of the sets are just 'meh' as far as I'm concerned. The only one I'll get is the Rancor Pit which should fit nicely with the (overpriced) Palace. I really don't like the new design of the boxes though; it looks like a cartoon hybrid between LOTR & SW :sceptic: :sceptic: I never thought I'd say it but please bring back Darth Maul, all is forgiven!

Im actually quite opposite, Pit is the only one of that wave that doesn't excite me at all... the umbaran thing is next on my 'meh' list... everything else has its own reason why Id like it, the Z95 and A-wing both being top of my list for everything included (except Krell, don't care much for him)...

Im actually quite opposite, Pit is the only one of that wave that doesn't excite me at all... the umbaran thing is next on my 'meh' list... everything else has its own reason why Id like it, the Z95 and A-wing both being top of my list for everything included (except Krell, don't care much for him)...

I agree with you 100 %. It's so bizarre some thinks exactly the same way I do about this. Everyone's all like, "Rancor pit, yay! Blah, blah, blah." And I say," A-Wing, Z95, Sith, Clones, yay!." The figures are the only real redeeming quality about the palace and the pit, so I will try to get those, though.

I'm not much of a Star Wars LEGO collector, but I do like to pick up some of the sets and/or battle packs for parts/minifigs from time to time. My definite "must buy" sets from this wave are the Sith Trooper and Republic Trooper battle pack as well as the A-wing and possibly the Z-95 HH.... The Sith and Republic troopers both work with one of my faction's troops so I'll be buying multiples of those, and the A-Wing and Z-95 have a lot of useful parts and useful minifigs. I might also pick up some of the new "planet" micro build sets as well.

Edited by Hikaro Takayama

I've just found these on Amazon UK, delivery 4-7 weeks: [snip]

The pilot looks way better on this picture since the visor doesn't look as awkward as on the previous picture. The visor of the trooper looks better as well. Concluding from the picture (magnification possible), Rex looks fine.

edit:

501_amazon.jpg

commando_captain_amazon.jpg

pilot_amazon.jpg

rex_amazon.jpgrex_2_amazon.jpg_thumb.jpg

Edited by Brickadeer

Thanks for all the links Lobot and the close up pictures of some of the minifigs Brickadeer!

I'm really loving this wave, The A-Wing, Rancor Pit are sets that I'll purchase for sure, but I hate to say it, the AT-RT and Z-95 Headhunter are growing on me. The AT-RT is cheap enough that I can pick anytime, but I think I'll wait till the Z-95 Headhunter goes on sale and then decide if I want to purchase it. '

By the way, are there any pictures of the Face of the Phase I Clone Trooper yet and also, when can we expect to see a rumor list for the summer wave?

Im actually concerned about those prices. We all saw what happened with the monster fighters haunted house price, it started off as really reasonable and then inexplicably jumped to stupidly over priced when a mass of people had made it clear the initial price was very reasonable, and that there was room for further cost squeezing to be had... If those prices become clearly official and then jump up some, i will be severely disappointed with TLG...

Im actually concerned about those prices. We all saw what happened with the monster fighters haunted house price, it started off as really reasonable and then inexplicably jumped to stupidly over priced when a mass of people had made it clear the initial price was very reasonable, and that there was room for further cost squeezing to be had... If those prices become clearly official and then jump up some, i will be severely disappointed with TLG...

The haunted house price didn't jump because of people's reactions, it jumped because the original reported price was in error. While the prices for these might also be a mistake, it's less likely considering that these prices have multiple retailers as sources, instead of a single erroneous press release. I trust that Lego has better things to do than conspire on new ways to mistreat their customers.

Wow, those DK Readers covers are terrible! :laugh: The mix of CW-eyed, pupil-eyed, and dot-eyed minifigs is really odd and it all looks lazily photoshopped together. Not to mention that the ROTS cover is incredibly inaccurate! They really could have put more effort into these, but I guess the kids who these are intended for wont care so much.

The Yoda book looks interesting. I wonder what it will be about and what the minifig will be. Logic would suggest a new version of Yoda, but the hole for the minifig is not in a Yoda shape. If it does turn out to be a Yoda, it would be really awesome if it was a force ghost version of him!

Wow, those DK Readers covers are terrible! :laugh: The mix of CW-eyed, pupil-eyed, and dot-eyed minifigs is really odd and it all looks lazily photoshopped together. Not to mention that the ROTS cover is incredibly inaccurate! They really could have put more effort into these, but I guess the kids who these are intended for wont care so much.

The Yoda book looks interesting. I wonder what it will be about and what the minifig will be. Logic would suggest a new version of Yoda, but the hole for the minifig is not in a Yoda shape. If it does turn out to be a Yoda, it would be really awesome if it was a force ghost version of him!

I looks like a Chewbacca to me. Maybe its a ceremonial!

I looks like a Chewbacca to me.

You must be very hairy then. :tongue: No, it's the same hole-shape that they use for all the exclusive figs. Besides, a ceremonial Chewie would look no different from a regular one since he never got a medal in the movie.

I looks like a Chewbacca to me. Maybe its a ceremonial!

I'm thinking either Chembaca or someone in a cowl. Maybe an obscure hooded jedi?

Still no Jango Fett? 2012 and they haven't learned that we want another Jango Fett?

(Anybody interested in buying mine in [okay] condition?)

I agree with, it would be great to have a ghost Yoda, but I feel like lego is going to include some irrelevant minifig like Celebration Padme. If lego were to release a ghost Yoda in this book though, I hope that we see a Obi-Wan Kenobi Chronicles book including a ghost Obi-Wan Kenobi and the 2014 Lego Star Wars Encyclopedia coming with a ghost Anakin Minifig.

The pilot looks way better on this picture since the visor doesn't look as awkward as on the previous picture. The visor of the trooper looks better as well. Concluding from the picture (magnification possible), Rex looks fine.

edit:

[snip]

Rex's helmet printing looks really detailed from what I can tell. I look forward to getting my hands on some 501st clones! Haven't seen a HR picture of commander Cody yet... I have a feeling he's also going to be a great minifig this wave.

Thanks for the pics!

Edited by Brickdoctor
Please don't quote images from recent posts.