just2good

Legends of Chima 2013

Here the pic.

Edit Bonaparte: links removed on request of LEGO!

Edited by Bonaparte

Cant say I'm ultra exited about this theme since it looks like another kidish theme I mean they even have a similar role play card game like ninjago,but I'll get few sets since the minifigures look impresive,I like the wolf minifig and I bet his head is similar with the one on the monster fighters.I'm wondering if there is a bear minifig??Still time will show.

Yeah.... No. I will say it's far too early to pass judgement on a theme from only one picture, but I don't see my Lego budget being rocked by this theme in any way. And that's just my 2 cents, of course.

A prototype for next year was seriously sold on eBay in July and nobody bought it or even noticed? *oh2* That's so awesome and awful at the same time. :cry_sad:

As far as the sets go, this looks interesting, to say the least. The story has the potential to become very interesting. Not sure about the animal heads, but these are still blurry prototypes, so I won't say anything bad about them (yet). ;)

The packaging could easily be mistaken for a Ninjago spinner. The way LEGO is making the transition from Ninjago to LoC is really clever. I can already hear the kids saying "Ninjago is so out, don't you have LoC sets?". :tongue:

I'm not sure I will like this more than Ninjago, but still, I think I actually look forward to it. :laugh:

If the rumors about HF-style figures being made for this theme, I only hope they won't look like robots with creepy animal heads. :hmpf:

-Gata signoff.png

Edited by Gatanui

Yeah.... No. I will say it's far too early to pass judgement on a theme from only one picture, but I don't see my Lego budget being rocked by this theme in any way. And that's just my 2 cents, of course.

I agree. But after all, it could end up looking better than I expected. Maybe. . . :hmpf_bad:

This looks..interesting to say the least. I won't say anything bad or good about it until I see better/finalized pictures. And as Gata said above, I hope they won't mess up the Hero Factoryish figures. (if there are any)

I kindly ask that those of you who've uploaded these pics to brickshelf, flickr and whathaveyou, remove them.

The pictures are marked "confidential/preliminary" and are not meant to be shared.

I thank you for your understanding and hopefully also for your cooperation. :classic:

Edited by Kim Thomsen

Here the pic.

What the hell is that? It looks awful. Some kind of Fabuland mixed with Ninjago. And 442 pieces?! Where? And we will be playing with motorbikes or spinners?

What the hell is that? It looks awful. Some kind of Fabuland mixed with Ninjago. And 442 pieces?! Where? And we will be playing with motorbikes or spinners?

I'm sure the piece count is preliminary.

Maybe motorbikes that work with ripcords. :wink:

-Gata signoff.png

Not sure what to expect. The bike construction and game don't particularly impress me-- I liked the simple refined look of the Ninjago spinners more so than the specialized molds I'm seeing on these bikes, even if both were designed as play features more than as simple building elements.

Overall, I'm sure there will be interesting aspects to this theme that might even convince me to get a few sets. Perhaps the story will be compelling, or some of the parts will prove useful. But overall there's nothing in these pictures that particularly appeals to me just yet. It seems to combine aspects of some of my favorite themes, but not aspects that I find particularly compelling on their own.

Still, good to have confirmation that it is in fact a theme, and that some of the rumors posted on Brickset (such as the trademarks for the theme name and Speedorz being related) are likely reliable.

Looks better than Ninjago to me! :thumbup: ,but I am more interested in the space theme!(Is it some sort of a reboot of Insectoids?!?!?!?) :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Edited by Greedo24

The fig looks like a combination of a star wars figure I don't remember the name of and the Ninjago ZX headgear. Not good in my opinion.

Not sure if this has been brought up, but has anyone else looked at the box set that's next to the white tiger minifigure?(Pic link below)

It looks like some sort of black and red monster truck thing with a golden dragon head on the front *huh*

And on the bottom left it looks like its showing which figures you get with the set. Blueish grey Wolf/tiger looking fig(Right side) and a red lizard dragon looking figure(Left side)

So far im liking this theme. Armored Tigers, wolfs, lizards, and other animals fighting each other? Im in :grin: and i bet my son will love these too

Picture link

Not sure if this has been brought up, but has anyone else looked at the box set that's next to the white tiger minifigure?(Pic link below)

It has and a LEGO Rep has already asked people not to post links to confidential images already in this topic.....

Am I the only one who is reminded of Thundercats when I see these sets? There are a few similarities in my opinion. Though, it's too early to pass judgement yet, I'll wait for more details before comparing this to Ninjago.

Edited by Speedza-Demon

I've fixed the links :)

Edit:

It has and a LEGO Rep has already asked people not to post links to confidential images already in this topic.....

I agree, but on the other hand, TLG had never done anything for me, the "Chinese plastics" they use are ruining my play, and the quality of bricks now and 20 years before can not be measured; prices are skyrocketing though. I will not even go into arms, violence and lack of compatibility. And there is not one reason in the world why would I do anything for them.

I am not posting pictures, but links to them, and unless the owner or staff from EB tells me differently, I do not give rats behind to what TLG wants.

If they want to sue me, they can, but by my country laws, I am not breaking any.

I love Lego, and I loved it long before TLG as such existed.

Edited by Bonaparte

It kind of looks like they are jousting?

maybe thats what this theme will about

Vehicle battles?

with the spinner type mechanisms or whatever incorporated into the actual sets/vehicles, instead of being separate like in ninjago?

i dont know

anyway, at the moment this theme doesn't really interest me

I won't be buying these. Ninjago shouldn't be ended for this.

I agree! Btw: The set is "Chi battles". Maybe these animals aren't real animals but some kind of force-souls of humans? :tongue: I mixed it up.

I won't be buying these. Ninjago shouldn't be ended for this.

What makes you think "Ninjago is being ended for this"? The more likely situation is that they knew Ninjago would have to end before too long (they didn't want it to have the same cancerous growth as BIONICLE did), and created this line specifically to fill the void Ninjago left with something similar enough to serve the same function (game-driven, multimedia story theme) but different enough that people didn't just feel like it was the same thing they had already done for the previous few years.

Really I've realized there's some kind of perverse attitude among all fanbases that if something ends, the blame automatically falls on whatever replaced it. And in most cases, this is pretty irrational. Companies don't just end successful product lines so they can take a gamble with something new and different. But keeping things going for longer than is logical just gets them caught in a rut, at which point they will start losing fans faster than they can gain new ones.

Two-and-a-half years is a decent lifespan for a LEGO product line. It's the same length as most of LEGO's story-driven product lines since 2000, the main exception being BIONICLE which fizzled out quite disappointingly when TLG realized that they couldn't keep it going nearly as long as they had hoped. And I'm quite grateful that TLG knows better than to let the same thing happen to Ninjago. They seem to be quite consciously bringing things to a close so that they don't leave existing fans hanging with an open-ended conclusion, don't bore people to death with year after year of the same ideas, and don't drive fans away by introducing new ideas that stray from the original intent of the theme.

Legends of Chima, frankly, bores me. I think it might be a theme I pass up entirely, unless certain sets show up with parts I'd like to have or the story proves enticing enough to inspire me. But I'm not going to blame it for Ninjago's failure or dismiss it as an inferior theme, because I know a lot of people who Ninjago never really appealed to might like Legends of Chima a lot more, and a lot of Ninjago fans will consider this a great new product with many of the same design considerations. If LEGO were to just keep all of their existing themes around until they could no longer afford to do so, then there would never be the potential for great new ideas-- including themes like Ninjago that nobody could have anticipated five years ago.

Right well from the rumours of it being animal people (I loved the sounds of it as I love the looks of the Fabuland animal figures), it sounded well... interesting and now that I have seen the photo's of that one preliminary/prototype set, I have got to say how much better than Ninjago this looks :grin: I knew that it would be better from the start (As it's not hard at all for anything to look better than multicoloured ninjas with strange vehicles that well, should never have been with Ninjas anyway)

70113 Chima Chi Battles, the front of the vehicles remind of that one Ninjago set with the snake eyes on the front (can't remember which set that was), I love the looks of the red vehicle (the front looks like one part), also is that some weird blue marble that I see, I love the grey wolf minifigure (the head piece looks amazing :wub:), the brown saber tooth cat thing I don't like as much, I wonder what the cards will be like?

The sets art/box art looks nice, I like the simplistic look of the logo but the animal faces just look weird to me (just like the Ninjago snake faces on the spinners :sick:) I wonder what the 14 is for and now onto the back of the packaging, boring stuff explaining the game, some overly exited kids that are using rip cords on the bikes/vehicles, (reminds me of Beyblades) they look far too old for the set itself, "CAUTION: Do not aim at eyes or face." really made me lol :laugh:

Edited by Clone gunner comander jedi

It looks like some sort of black and red monster truck thing with a golden dragon head on the front *huh*

And on the bottom left it looks like its showing which figures you get with the set. Blueish grey Wolf/tiger looking fig(Right side) and a red lizard dragon looking figure(Left side)

So far im liking this theme. Armored Tigers, wolfs, lizards, and other animals fighting each other? Im in :grin: and i bet my son will love these too

Wow. that vehicle looks awesome, and it seems to have a giant Meltdown (HF set) head.