XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

In this year's advent calendar, is the gonk droid considered a minifigure?

Brickipedia says the set is supposed to have 9 minifigs, and I counted 9 without the Gonk Droid so I'm guessing no. The Gonk Droid looks terrible anyway compared to the previous version, IMHO.

I edited Padme's face with the suggestions people were giving:

6903094301_de8a003a85_m.jpg

It's an improvement, but she still needs new hair :tongue: (That one is more like a male long hair).

Brickipedia says the set is supposed to have 9 minifigs, and I counted 9 without the Gonk Droid so I'm guessing no. The Gonk Droid looks terrible anyway compared to the previous version, IMHO.

It is a disappointing line up of figures, even Santa Maul looks very plain, unlikely to pick this up if it is the same price as last years

It is a disappointing line up of figures, even Santa Maul looks very plain, unlikely to pick this up if it is the same price as last years

It's actually $10 more expensive if I'm not mistaken. :sad:

Edited by legolandia

Agreed- some nice army-building figures, but definitely not worth buying a $40/$50 set over. The two exclusive figures look pretty lackluster to me. I do like the mini Flash Speeder though!

Edited by sealslip3

Had a browse through Galactic Hunter's TF pics - I believe this is the first shot of the new Han Solo from Jabba's Palace

TF12-LEGO-57.jpg

Hmm, as far as I can tell, the only difference from the last Carbonite Han is that this new one has a worried look on his face instead of a smirk. I do wonder if he'll have a double-sided head though. If he does, I'm thinking the other side would be a blinded version?

Hmm, as far as I can tell, the only difference from the last Carbonite Han is that this new one has a worried look on his face instead of a smirk. I do wonder if he'll have a double-sided head though. If he does, I'm thinking the other side would be a blinded version?

I was wondering about that; a blinded face would be awesome!

I would love to see a blind Han. That head would have a few uses outside Han too. I really like the Gamorrean guard, but I picked up lots of early SW figures that keep getting remade - making me have to replace them all.

Not quite sure if this is the right place but here's a look at the 2013 packaging:

Screenshot2012-02-20at204048.png

Photo courtesy of Yakface and Theforce.net

wasn't this mentioned before?

And also, were is the Lego logo? Looks more like a box for Hasbro.

Not quite sure if this is the right place but here's a look at the 2013 packaging:

Discusion about the 2013 packaging is already going on over here.

And also, were is the Lego logo? Looks more like a box for Hasbro.

Even if we already have a separate discussion topic, to answer this question, Star Wars packaging art is always the same for all products licensed by Lucasfilm. Hasbro and TLG will both use a variation of this artwork. (TLG will, in all likelihood, have it stretched across the top of its boxes with the logo in the upper-left corner, as usual)

I would love to see a blind Han. That head would have a few uses outside Han too.

I don't really think there will be a 'blind' face - There was no difference in the film whilst Han was blind (no white eyes/black eyes/any other funny business with dodgy contact lenses), so I don't see (unintended pun) how TLG would do a blind face - apart from making him look a bit confused...

Kaitan

I don't really think there will be a 'blind' face - There was no difference in the film whilst Han was blind (no white eyes/black eyes/any other funny business with dodgy contact lenses), so I don't see (unintended pun) how TLG would do a blind face - apart from making him look a bit confused...

They could make an 'eyes-closed' face similar to the one they did for the sleepyhead collectible minifigure.

I don't see any reason why TLG don't do a Han with the 'blind' face, there are already countless versions of him, some variation can't hurt

I don't see any reason why TLG don't do a Han with the 'blind' face, there are already countless versions of him, some variation can't hurt

he looks the same when blind and when not.

Did you read my post? He could have eyes closed and a confused look. He definitely does not just look stern or happy go lucky right after he comes out of the carbonite.

My thoughts on these sets:

Planets: Definetly getting Bespin for Lobot alone. Not sure about the other 2 yet.

Skiff: Looks great, plus a redesigned Boba and Lando! This will go great with Jabba's Palace!

Republic Striker Starfighter: The set looks fantastic, and I'm thinking about getting SWTOR soon.

Saesee Tiin's Starfighter: Considering I'm not a giant CW fan, the set is passable. Obi Wan's Starfighter is good for me.

Gungan Sub: Looks amazing, especially Queen Amidala. The price is too steep though. Might have to get this one on sale.

Fury Class Interceptor: Same thoughts as RSS.

Advent Calender: This is great battle pack boosters, but Darth Maul looks less like Santa. I'll praise it for being movie oriented, but last years is better for minifigs.

Jabba's Palace: Easily the best of the bunch. It's just a shame it's incredibly over-priced. Another set to get on sale.

Malevolence: Again, not a CW fan, but the ship looks pretty cool. Only complaint is the really, really ugly Padme :sick:

Overall, the only sets I'm in a rush to get are Bespin, the Skiff, the Advent Calender (gotta get it before it's sold out), and TOR sets. Gungan Sub and Jabba's Palace can wait until there's a sale or coupons, and I'll get Malevolence if I have extra money.

snipped pic

Photo courtesy of Yakface and Theforce.net

Wow, you'd learn a lot from visiting our blog once in a while.

Just the same with the pics of the UCS R2D2 - they surfaced here long before other sites.

C'mon guys - have a look around before you post :laugh: (no offense meant).

When he gets released from carbonite Han is blind from sickness and his eyes are closed until they escape from the Sarlacc pit, there is a difference, found a picture how Kubrick interprets it, Lego should be able to do something similar

6916362059_9251479f6f_m.jpg