CopMike

What minifigs are we missing - post your detailed suggestions here

I always thought a turtleman fig would be epic.

Turtle head

Plastron(shell bottom)decals on body

green limbs and head.

brown shell piece(connects like Kai's jetpack)

We need a typical Bavarian "Tracht" with a "Mass" :laugh:

sexy-kochschuerze-bayern-bayerische-mann-grillschuerze-latzschuerze-biermass-lederhose.jpg

Hehe ok, this was not what I had in mind but pretty close :tongue:

Opera Phantom

Torso: Tuxedo

Legs: Black

Face: 1/2 white half-mask, 1/2 serious expression

Hairpiece: Dastan style hair

Accessory: Rose or Manuscript

Opera Phantom

Face: 1/2 white half-mask, 1/2 serious expression

Hairpiece: Dastan style hair

Accessory: Rose or Manuscript

This would be cool :classic:

I always thought a turtleman fig would be epic.

Turtle head

Plastron(shell bottom)decals on body

green limbs and head.

brown shell piece(connects like Kai's jetpack)

cool suggestion. sit in well with the costumed mf series, like godzilla, gorilla suit, bunny rabbit, etc.

turtle head helmet should fit over the head much like the godzilla's. and a shell over the back like the godzilla's tail piece.

can i also suggest a lion suit, a tiger suit and a bear suit? those headgears would be fantastic to use to make custom roman officers or even gauls. throw in some pauldrons and tattered capes....brilliant!

cool suggestion. sit in well with the costumed mf series, like godzilla, gorilla suit, bunny rabbit, etc.

turtle head helmet should fit over the head much like the godzilla's. and a shell over the back like the godzilla's tail piece.

can i also suggest a lion suit, a tiger suit and a bear suit? those headgears would be fantastic to use to make custom roman officers or even gauls. throw in some pauldrons and tattered capes....brilliant!

That does remind me of the "Seatron" unreleased turtle like fig.

Cyclist

Torso: Racing Jersey

Legs: printed so wearing shorts

Face: Angry/determined

Headpiece: Helmet

Accessory: Bicycle

Kappa

Torso: BtGreen or Green, printed with plastron on front

Legs: printed, scales

Face: yellow beak on BtGreen or Green, evil looking eyes and eyebrows

Headpiece: a bowl for its head, MdBlue on inside, Dk Green on grassy part, rest same color as body.

Accessories: Carapace, Dark Green and tail, same green as body. Cucumber

And if I look to the top of the page, someone has made that suggestion. dorp.

Masked Hero

Torso: Some kind of colored armor. Should be primary body color, secondary body color, and gold as decoration. Hands should be of the secondary color.

Legs: printed with some two tone color

Face: doesn't really matter, can't see it

Headpiece: Helmet with visor slot. Also black visor to put into it.

Accessories: Belt. fits over the waist slot and under the body.

Notes: Should come in 6 different colors, otherwise it's not a proper sentai team.

Stilted Clown

Torso: similar to existing clowns

Legs: Long legs, mismatched, patched

Face: White head with red make up and red nose

Headpiece: Similar to Beethoven's hair, but in a funner color like blue. Alternatively? Rainbow marbled afro wig.

Accessories: Big shoes, work like ice skates. Red. Bowling Pins (x 3)

Invisible Man

Torso: no markings, trans-clear

Legs: no markings, trans-clear

Face: standard grin. It's teeth are white. what can you do?

Headpiece: transparent hair of some sort. maybe that really old standby clean cut hair piece?

Accessories: Potion, Bunsen burner (it would have some kind of wire looking piece that connects to a stud above it, allowing you to fit the potion on it)

Notes: Sort of in the same vein as those other old movie minifigs.

Colossus of Rhodes

Torso: Totally ripped, pearldkgold

Legs: no markings, pearldkgold.

face: as close to the actual colossus as possible while being in line with the other minifigs, PearlDkGold

Headpiece: A similar rubbery hairpiece to Liberty's. Maybe even the same one. PearlDkGold

Accessories: goblet, Longbow, both pearldkgold.

Edited by Orson Zedd

Invisible Man

Headpiece: transparent hair of some sort. maybe that really old standby clean cut hair piece?

Accessories: Potion, Bunsen burner (it would have some kind of wire looking piece that connects to a stud above it, allowing you to fit the potion on it)

Colossus of Rhodes

Torso: Totally ripped, pearldkgold

Legs: no markings, pearldkgold.

face: as close to the actual colossus as possible while being in line with the other minifigs, PearlDkGold

Headpiece: A similar rubbery hairpiece to Liberty's. Maybe even the same one. PearlDkGold

Accessories: goblet, Longbow, both pearldkgold.

Ok invisible man, cool. More cool to get more trans-clear minifig parts :classic:

Same goes for the colossus, pearlgold minifig, that could be useful for other statues in mocs :classic:

Like it was worth something I would vote for these :wink:

:hmpf: TLG can't make transparent Minifigs. The plastic used for trans. parts (not ABS) is not strong enough to stand up to the rigors of Minifig play.

:hmpf: TLG can't make transparent Minifigs. The plastic used for trans. parts (not ABS) is not strong enough to stand up to the rigors of Minifig play.

Yea that can be true, but it would be a cool minifig

Ok invisible man, cool. More cool to get more trans-clear minifig parts :classic:

Same goes for the colossus, pearlgold minifig, that could be useful for other statues in mocs :classic:

Like it was worth something I would vote for these :wink:

I would also like a trans blue version. :laugh:

But regarding why TLG hasn't produced a trans clear (complete) minifig, Aanchir gave a pretty good explanation here:

The problem is that while transparent minifigure heads are very sturdy, this is because they have no parts to attach to along high-friction connections. Transparent parts are made of polycarbonate, a different type of plastic than most solid-colored parts (which are ABS). PC parts have great friction against other PC parts, so for instance a transparent 1x1 cone will be hard to remove from a 4M lightsaber blade, and the lightsaber blade could end up with some nasty scratches as a consequence (don't try this at home).

Some connections between transparent parts, like stud-to-stud connections, cause no real problems since they are fairly easy to take apart and put together. But other connections like the one mentioned above can cause real damage. Minifigures have lots of high-friction, tiny, and fragile connection points. The connection between minifigure legs and hips can be damaged just by taking them apart and putting them together. Likewise for the connection between hands and arms, or between arms and torsos. Making these connections PC-against-PC could make it possible for the parts to become damaged just from regular use.

Since transparent minifigures like Jedi ghosts or the Invisible Man were fairly popular suggestions in the "What Minifigures Are We Missing?" topic in EB's Embassy subforum, I made a point of asking about whether these were possible when a minifigure designer was present at the TLG Q&A session at last August's Brickfair convention in Chantilly, Virginia. Sure enough, TLG has attempted to create transparent minifigures in the past, but none have cleared quality control, hence the reason they don't appear in LEGO sets. Of course, the designer present also reinforced that it's a continuing process, and that it's possible someday a transparent minifigure will be possible. However, I don't think that this will be any time within the foreseeable future. Not unless TLG discovers some new plastic with the same clutch power and level of transparency as PC without this major drawback.

Here is another idea:

Western Banker

Torso: suit with pocket watch

Legs: black or grey

Face: glasses and smile

Headpiece: grey hair

Accessory: gold bar or leprechaun gold pot printed with '$' symbol

Would trans-glow-in-the-dark work for force Ghosts? It looks like a different kind of plastic than the other transparent colors. Though I don't know that, just sort of looks like it.

Edited by Orson Zedd

since LotR theme is coming in the summer, we can't have orcs but what about lizardmen and gnolls? so far we have only the minotaur in the medieval fantasy monster "genre."

lizardman would have killer crocs headprint but in olive green, a skull cap, ripped olive green torso with gladiator belt print, new scaly pauldrons, two daggers for accessories (like Mia's from ninjago).

gnolls would have custom head with elongated snout, torso with fur prints (like david crockett), ragged cape (like boba fett's), oversized scale pauldron (only on one side), and maybe a staff to make it a shaman.

Invisible Man

Yes, unfortunately the Invisible Man is not possible, as you are describing it, right now. However, the Invisible Man did wear clothes sometimes and some bandages around his head. I don't know, perhaps it would be possible to make the minifig only with a transparent head, and perhaps hands too if that doesn't cause too much friction either. The head could have some bandages as a pattern, and let me say that I would be more than satisfied if we got an Invisible Man like that.

Here are a few pics to illustrate:

invisibleman.jpg

9780553213539.jpg

And it even looks like somebody has had a similar idea:

The-Invisible-Man-by-Chaotic-Good01-on-Flickr.jpg

Perhaps they should do a Costumes of the World range of mini-figs similar to the collectable ones. Then they could produce a male and female in everyones national dress?

I would also like a trans blue version. :laugh:

But regarding why TLG hasn't produced a trans clear (complete) minifig, Aanchir gave a pretty good explanation here:

Here is another idea:

Western Banker

Torso: suit with pocket watch

Legs: black or grey

Face: glasses and smile

Headpiece: grey hair

Accessory: gold bar or leprechaun gold pot printed with '$' symbol

That was an good explanation, thanks :classic:

Updated classic Wolfpack banditleader

Troso: Dark brown with new wolf symbol

Legs: black or dark with printings of coinbag and a small knife

Face: New design but with eyepatch and a grin

Headpiece: Hooded cloak and cape

Accessory: Sword or knife and shield with new wolf design

Edited by Mencot

That could actually work better, though I might be worried that the invisible man might not be public domain.

Dancing Robot

Torso: PearlGold, Suit Pattern

Legs: PearlGold with black shoes at feet

Face: black outlines of mouth and sunglasses. hair outlined too.

Headpiece: Fedora, PearlGold.

Accessories: If they had accessories, they wouldn't be street performers. 1 x 2 brick with dollar bill pattern

We the people of Legoland like to see The King of Rock and Roll a.k.a. Elvis Presley......

Oh yea The King :laugh: , but it maybe be that it isn`t possible

A few more:

Occupation/print on torso: Hawaiian Chief "Ali'i"

Type of headgear: Mahiole "Feather Helm"

Type of facial expression: Dual expression battle/neutral

Color on torso/legs: Printed legs

Accessory: Cape, Staff

Occupation/print on torso: Polynesian Fire Knife Dancer

Type of headgear: Hair

Type of facial expression: Angry expression w/ Polynesian inspired Tribal tattoos

Color on torso/legs: More tribal artwork

Accessory: Fire Knife

Occupation/print on torso: Zorro type fig

Type of headgear: Musketeer hat would work pretty well

Type of facial expression: Mask over eyes (neutral or cunning) and a reverse side of no mask

Color on torso/legs: black

Accessory: Rapier, Cape

I was thinking about ways to incorporate music into Lego, and here's what I came up with. There could be a CMF Orchestra! Kinda like how there's more than one prehistoric minifig (Caveman, Cavewoman), multiple space patrol minifigs, two tennis players, etc. I had ideas for a couple different Orchestra minifigs.

Hair: Dastan's hair from PoP, in brown or black

Face: Determined on one side, smiling on the other

Torso: Tuxedo, bowtie

Accessories: Baton, music stand, sheet music

Hair: Sleepyhead's hair (tousled)

Face: Blowing air (playing trombone) on one side, smiling on other

Accessories: Trombone, sheet music

Hair: Brown ponytail

Face: Female smiling on one side, female pursed lips (playing flute) on other

Accessories: Flute, sheet music

Hair: Brown Mutt Williams hair

Face: Blowing air (playing tuba) on one side, jolly face on other

Torso: Tuxedo (shirt untucked?)

Accessories: Tuba, sheet music

Hair: Black Mutt Williams hair

Face: Lips curled (playing clarinet) on one side, serious expression on other

Accessories: Clarinet, sheet music

If ANY of these became part of the CMF series, I'd be thrilled beyond words!