I Scream Clone

Nocturnus Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

The word nocturnal is an adjective. That'd be like calling yourself the "fasts" "awesomes" "hungries" or "carnivorouses" ... it's very informal if not nonsensical. A people group are usually given a suffix such as -ites, -ians, -ans, -i, -ish etc. The one that seems to have been adopted for Nocturnus is -ians.

I had been merely joking, but I am fully willing to accept the challenge :devil:

1.) Another definition for Nocturnal is

noun. an astronomical instrument for finding the hour by night.

- This could be loosely (very loosely) interpreted as someone who can navigate the lands of Nocturnus, hence a resident.

2.) If Nocturnal is an adjective, than Nocturnus would also be an adjective, correct? And if you can name a land an adjective, you can also, by the precedent set, use an adjective to name a resident of the land as well.

3.) The name Nocturnus could be taken from another word - Nocturne

noun. a night scene

- If this were the root of Nocturnus, than the word Nocturnal could be a noun, just as hymnal is a noun from the noun hymn.

Touche' :wink:

Thanks you for your comments.

I enjoy messing around in photoshop, so the mere adjustments the better.

This afternoon I had some free time. Including the suggestions (port wrath, forest, wall-like labyrinth in old position, removal coast-line road), the map could look like this:

6720631553_a66279a802_b.jpg

The darkening of the sea-colour was an accident. It can be restored when I have more time.

Locations that are still missing: City of Largrethses, Trident, Artanis and Merodaquinas

May the Nocturnus guild long flourish in prosperity,

Balthasar

Edited by Balthasar

Locations that are still missing: City of Largrethses, Trident, Artanis and Merodaquinas

May the Nocturnus guild long flourish in prosperity,

Balthasar

I am truly amazed with thou work, Balthasar. Your cartography skills are amazing.

I am glad that you relocated the labyrinth to the outskirts of our land. I believe this original position is approved by all of our Nocturnian fellows!

I, Snake the Elusive, speak to you in name of the Ruler of Merodaquinas, Lord Malvadez the Evil Wiz. Merodaquinas is nowadays in great growth, and a tour will be given to our fellow Lords if they want to. Merodaquinas is a city located in a hidden valley in between Rakath Mountains, just after Kelshra. We grant access throughout the peaks using the Dark Path. Haudh-en-Dúath is a rocky hill located beside Merodaquinas, where the Nocturnian watchtower is placed.

We are pretty close to Dr Rod's, just across the range's peaks. Where you could already feel the Mitgardian frosty breeze but still gets the meridional heat when the Sun is high on it's route.

I will place the landmarks over the map soon. We are running fast to accomplish our deeds.

And for the record: I like the feel of "The Nocturni" - but still, 'the Nocturnians' is a more direct and simple approach. Ehr, are we direct or simple?

Edited by Cij Daoke

Lovely map, and I applaud the relocation of the Labyrinth.

My Lords and Ladies, your Majesties, Nocturnians, Nocturnii, and Nocturnes,

The self-styled Duc leStrange invites you to his annual Valentines Ball at the Kaliphlin embassy in Abyssan.

RVSP via PM with your sigfig`s parts breakdown (in ball clothes) if you would like to attend

:classic:

The self-styled Duc leStrange invites you to his annual Valentines Ball at the Kaliphlin embassy in Abyssan.

RVSP via PM with your sigfig`s parts breakdown (in ball clothes) if you would like to attend

Are Kaliphlin Embassadors who have an embassy in Nocturnus welcome as well? :tongue:

Hear yee hear yee! :)

Regarding Valentines Day that is to fall on us, the Drow of the Historica are organizing Gladiator Games, in tribute to our lovely matron mother, the queen Valsharess!

tarena-01.jpg

The games will be held in the city of Rilauvein, in the Nocturnus area. The Drow will provide safe passage in and out of Nocturnus for all participants.

Choose your champion, equip him(her) for fights in the arena pits and send him (her) here to represent you! All guilds invited!

- one champion per guild member

- requires at least one picture of him/her and a name ;) - post them in this thread -

- everything is allowed - any kind of armor, weapons, magic users, magic items, skills, gun-powder (nobody in the audience will like gun-powder weapons, just so you know:)), any type of race or creature; the arena is with open roof, so height and size also does not matter, and giants and trolls are also welcomed, and creatures with wings!

- there will be a special commentator that will relay us the details of the fights (with all the gore details)

The rules of the fights:

- Everything goes!

- All the teeth lost in the arena are property of the Drow and will be sold to dr Rod for future experiments!

- All the contestants are going to be pared up at 13th February. The paring will be random, and the winners will be chosen random (ever played AD&D games? Well, I will be using dices:)) or some computer program, or we will connect ourselves to some web page and let chance choose "1" or "2" :) in any case, the winner will be chosen totally random, and size and armor won't matter, so, go nuts ;) Do not come in just your bare skin, as much as we Drow applaud to that kind of exhibition, you will be squashed by fans ;)

- We will know the winner by the end of 14th February

- guild leaders can send their champions also, and they will overlook organization and fairness of games (but the Drow can not be controlled, keep that in mind!:))

- The fights will be held only if total of twenty (20) participants sign up - no limits for guilds

- Any guild member can join, even if he/she joined guild after this announcement

The prizes:

- two sets of complete armor and weapons from Drow adamantium - as pictured by our models :) (minifigs are not included, and in any case, would you like to have a couple of Drow lurking trough your castle?:))

tprize-01.jpg

Note: helmet, saber and shield are from brickTW, armor is from our guild member Trash and his brickwarriors

- The winner will be given "The lord of the arena" title to boost in front of the girls (or "the mistress of the arena" if the winner is she, so she can glow in her beauty and strength in front of all insignificant others!:))

- The guild from who the winner is will be awarded a certain amount of gold coins, if guild leaders approve

So come all and come now to the beautiful city of Rilauvein and show your skills! Impress the ladies! Earn honor for your guild! And win the arena!

Note: If you like this kind of game, this could be annual event, always related to the minifigs and little-time-consuming mocs, and with small armor/weapons prizes, to sweeten the pot, and next time we could organize the best entertainment minifig or the weirdest resident of the Historica

Important: this is just a game with intent to give us joy and fun :) do not forget that this are lego minifigs, not real people, and it is all just pretend ;)

Edited by Angeli

We will send our best Warrior to fight in your arena :devil:

But first we must prepare for the visit of Lord Ssilyrrlith. He will arrive next few days for inspection.

Look forward to the report, because I've finished Chapter 4-6 so far from my world

What are ball clothes?

What are ball clothes?

I suppose clothes a person would wear at a prom for dancing. Like a beautiful dress, a nice suit and maybe a tiara.

But I agree that "ball clothes" without the context sounds funny...

Edited by Quichybo

>snip<

Are giant awesome dragons allowed to represent Lord Blood and his Dwarven armies

Edited by Rufus
Please don't quote the entirety of long posts.

Are giant awesome dragons allowed to represent Lord Blood and his Dwarven armies

Normally there is no limit on the size if I haven't read it wrong. But it won't help you more than just a normal heavy-equipped Dwarve as it will be tossed or a random number looted between 1 and 2 (which is the most fair solution in my opinion) :wink:

Well, maybe for making it more interesting, you can put number 3 in it too, which would mean that after the first round there is no winner, so you will have to loot again :laugh:

(and maybe even some more numbers and every number has a specific event. It would be far easier I think to make stories for every fight) :tongue:

Edited by DaMaximus

Despite my shocking lack of building times these days, I am pledging my allegience to Nocturne!

If my lord would like one of our company to be sent to the underdark as a gladiator he may do so, or we would be glad to lend some of the special armorments to his chosen champion.

In any case, I have taken inspiration from a lot of sources adn I hope other Nocturne army builders may take some inspiration from me.

Here are my armies! http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=464287&n=0

Pic 292: Troll mercenaries including captain, two beserkers (one with claws and one with club) and The Hellbeast! (more on the hellbeast when I have more time)

Pic 294: Troll Heavy Infantry

Pic 295: Troll Wall breakers, Joachimsthal, Hamburger and Korbach, the two with shields are named after the first twon they ever sacked, the one in the middle is named for.....different reasons.

Pic 299: Troll druids

Pic 301: Our lizardman skirmishers. It was difficult getting these rare sharkmouth lizardmen to work for us, but we evntually killed one, hollowed him out and put a human inside to lead them.

Pic 303: Merish Squad, led by Cynthia who has the maracas of the sea which allow her to cast "Control Entree" and a few other spells (note the crab and lobster are not orignal designs)

Pic 306: The Scarborough Militia consists of five "Barrel Golems" and their gnome repairmen. Allthough they hit as hard as any traditional golem or elemental, they are not magical in nature, but are limited to a 10 mile radius around the community of scarborough, due to continual breakdowns and need for replacement parts. We are currently working on a way to increase their effective range.

Pic 314: The Jägermonsters! I know the look like werewolves, but these guys are different. For one thing they will occasionally fight for hat reapir services. (if you want to know the source material, http://girlgenius.wikia.com/wiki/J%C3%A4germonster)

Pic 315: Formorians and....whatever you call a Hybrid of Ogre and Cycops. We were hoping that this hybrid would be able to use and maintain Balista sized crossbows, instead they have the size of an Ogre and the depth perception of a cyclops. We give them scraps of armor and weapons and throw them at Sheild walls.

Pic 316: Our dwarves, the rustnoses. Excellent sappers when they are sober.

Pic 317: Mummies are the magical support of our undead squad

Pic 321: The Death Knights and their spare parts cart

Pic 322: The Armored undead. Too many necromancers treat skeletons as cannon fodder. We have found that by giving them armor and the occasional reapir, they actually become more effective fighters over time.

But I Digress. Here are some of the mosters we have tamed or captured in our area.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=494639

Pic 325: These strange creatures were refered to as "Feral Engines" by the refugee fleeing them, but we call them "Lashers" Wait....weren't there five of them? (Based off the atlantis Octopus)

Pic 327: Lords of Illusion (based off Lego Games "Lava Monster")

Pic 329 & 330: Beholders

Pic 334: Doomask...fairly easy to train as a puppy.

Not a problem ;)

Feel free to join. Just do not forget to post picture of the gladiator in the thread here so I can find him (There I will surely see him, in other threads I could miss him)

I can't see any pictures. Your folders are not public.

How odd. I can see them on a library computer without logging in. I will try and find out what the problem is.

Edit: I think the folders were not initially public but now they are. Please try again. Unfortunately I'm going on vacacion tomorrow so I won't be able to correct anything until I get back.

Edited by Jareth

Have had a chance to do a couple of quick MOC's which I was hoping to post now but regrettably the photos have turned out abysmally. I will attempt to remedy this when the light is better.

Balthasar, brilliant work on the map!

everything goes ;) I know there will be heroes that will not be afraid to go toe by toe with dragon in the arena! :)

Balthasar, your map is a thing of beauty! You shall be awarded the title of Nocturnus Cartographer shortly. I look forward to reading through all the posts and mocs I have missed shortly.

is there snow on top of the mountains in nocturnus because I built a draugr tomb in the snow for the guild

At the Kaliphlin side of the mountains, there is snow :tongue:

is there snow on top of the mountains in nocturnus because I built a draugr tomb in the snow for the guild

I believe there is snow in some areas, the mountains are high but maybe where there is lava there is no snow...

Dr Rod

My embassy in the Mystic Isles is done. I'll upload more pics soon.

The boat has arrived...

100_1380-800.jpg