Kaitan

[MOC] General Veers & his troops

gallery_101_23_281.gif

I was just clearing the decks from the community build, (not that I had much to clear, both my attempts were LDD!) and starting to think about the next one when a couple of brick link orders arrived.

Then these guys turned up...

Moodland scale General Veers and SnowTroopers.

I've changed the design slightly from my LDD version, partly through lack of bricks, partly because certain aspects sucked :grin:

6312936301_4d7a3cf201_b.jpg

6313457248_3181b99298_b.jpg

6312936779_136079e9d3_b.jpg

As always, comments and constructive criticism welcome!

Kaitan

Nice work converting these to physical models, Kaitan. They look great, though Veers looks a little odd without his helmet sloping outwards.

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

You have mastered this scale well, young Padawan! :laugh: Like I said on Flickr, it's nice to see these guys "for real". I really like how Veers turned out too. :thumbup: As far as the slopes of the helmet, you could just use dark gray cheese slopes on the sides of the head rather than a 2x2 tile. :wink:

Fantastic Kaitan, Veers is brilliant, Only as M<0><0<DSWIM turn the 2x2 tile into a 1x2 tile at the top of his head and two cheese slopes below them.

'Kaitan' your Mood-land creations here are just AWESOME, you could imagine Veers giving the order to attack ! :grin:

May the Eurobrick be with you 'Kaitan' ! :classic:

This is just awesome! Really great to see those guys in real. :thumbup:

Just one little tiny thing, the Snowtroopers' pauldron(?) made out of 1x6 tiles looks pretty good, but it still seems a little odd to me. I don't know if this would look good, but maybe you could try to use two, white minifig cape's?

Edited by Hollander

This is just awesome! Really great to see those guys in real. :thumbup:

Just one little tiny thing, the Snowtroopers' pauldron(?) made out of 1x6 tiles looks pretty good, but it still seems a little odd to me. I don't know if this would look good, but maybe you could try to use two, white minifig cape's?

I think minifig capes would be too small. I would do like I did with Captain Rex's Kama, and use 2x4 tiles around the "utility belt" area instead.

Awesome Mood Land figures. The snow troopers turned out so well. I love your change of the body, it has a smooth rounded shape. Its great seeing any Mood Land figures, especially when they turn out so well. I think the waist cape could use some work, but other then that it looks great.

Great job :thumbup:

I think minifig capes would be too small. I would do like I did with Captain Rex's Kama, and use 2x4 tiles around the "utility belt" area instead.

Hmm, yes, you're right. But I think a minifig cape would be nice when used as a pauldron.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Veers Helmet - Believe me, I tried Cheese Slopes, and every other slope that lego has, but they all look even more wrong than my final solution. I might post a few pics later. I really need a 2x2 cheese slope....

The Snowtroopers Karmas(spelling?) - I hate the way they stick out, hated the 2x4 tiles that stuck out even more. Maybe I should've used cloth - That's what TLG would do...

Thanks again for the support chaps (and chapesses?) Wait 'til you see what I've got in mind for the ROTJ CB :)

All the Best,

Kaitan