Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

Baritones 3: Day Two

I know she'll hate me for this, but may I suggest you vote for Barbara instead of Petr?

At least in her case, its not very obvious she is innocent.

What the hell is wrong with you? Why do you have such a vendetta against me? I've done absolutely nothing wrong whatsoever, and you're pushing to get me voted out. Why do you want me to be lynched so badly? You backed up the charge on Day One, and you led the charge today on Day Two.

There is no logical reason as to why you should vote me out. Explain why you want me to die.

I guess I was talking about the books I've read that had similar situations like this. I don't remember the Mafia ever being vocal from Day One, only after the accusations start to hit home...

Ah. Well you're quite right, but in cases like this, where we've read and put ourselves in the situations of so many books, we can't expect everyone to act the same all the time.

Well, I already said earlier that I'm not blaming you for starting the vote, it was an honest thing to do, but it did catch fire very quickly, don't you agree? Isn't that usually a sign that there are people pushing for the lynch?

I agree, but who am I to turn around and accuse those who agree with me? Put yourself in their shoes for a moment. We don't have any cases as strong as this, Petr is by far our best option. We have just a little while left in the day, and the way things were going, I would've doubted a conviction. The best thing to do is to take action now. I understand your reasoning behind not wanting to lynch Petr, I understand that perfectly well. Trust me, I've thought about this situation a lot myself, and it never adds up in my head.

Despite being outspoken, Petr is still causing confusion. Like I said, that's never a good thing if you want people to trust you.

And honestly, who better to vote for? I disagree with lynching Barbara. She seems fine to me, and hasn't done anything suspicious at all. You haven't really presented a case besides "she's quiet and unhelpful". Maybe she doesn't know anything. I (and a number of others) have been just as quiet/unhelpful as her, because we can't add anything to the conversation.

There is no logical reason as to why you should vote me out. Explain why you want me to die.

Maybe he just hates yoga? :sceptic:

So... Petr or Barbara, huh? I don't really see reason, well okay, no. I see the reason behind voting for Petr but I don't believe he's scum. I think he's trying to be a proactive townie in a different, creative way. Or he's a crazy scum trying to do... something. :wacko: Cause confusion maybe. It's working. :tongue: I don't feel he's scum, but I've been wrong before.

What exactly will we learn if we vote out Petr and he's a townie?

What exactly will we learn if we vote out Petr and he's a townie?

That he was a confusing Townie and we're no closer to finding the Scum. :sceptic: At least that's the way it appears to me. Whoever the scum are, they're doing a good job right now. All we have to go on is behavior, and right now there's no one who's behavior is suspicious enough to confidently vote for.

I can see why people suspect him, but I just don't see him as scum.

I'm kind of curious as to what the big scary no-lynch penalty is. I know not convicting anyone and having wasted the whole day is penalty in itself. But, will it be a non-voter who gets killed off, a random townie that gets killed off, or maybe no-one gets killed off and there's some other penalty, like night action suspension or something. It was made clear in the rules of life (#5) that there will be a penalty though. Y'know what, it's best not to test it out, but darn it who to vote for...

How does it confirm that? I'm afraid I can't follow you. :sceptic:

I certainly don't want to believe that the scum get a kill every night AND day, and to me, despite the 'tommy gun', the night kill looked more vigilante than the day one. I suppose I should phrase everything I say as supposition to avoid anyone thinking we actually know something here, but that's a pain in the megablocks so I'm going to just assume that everyone realises that it's all guesswork at this point and anything said should be taken as possibly true, not absolute fact.

There is one, actually. Every time he votes for you, his vote is blocked by an unknown outside force. That could easily indicate that you're scum being protected by your own.

Unfortunately, it could also simply mean that any vote Samuel casts will be blocked. It could even mean it's an outside force, and they'll block other votes he attempts to make to keep the situation confusing. :sceptic:

I'm not quite sure what to make of all this. We don't have much to go on, and I want to do some more thinking, but in case I'm not around when the Day ends and since I still have an unvote left, I'll Vote: Barbara (Bob the Construction Man), because something seems wrong overall with the way Petr's acting, and I don't feel as confident voting for him as for Barbara. She's been like this in previous situations, but if I have to choose between her and Petr...

I can see why you'd be hesitant to vote for Petr, but he's been causing so much confusion and I want to get to the bottom of it. Yes, Barbara could be "flying under the radar", and I'd vote for her if we had no one better to vote for. However, I still think Petr should be our target for today.

Well this has certainly been an interesting conversation that has gone on. I will confirm Petr statements that he was suspicious of Patrick and Yan before they voted and I do see his point in that if he had died it would have pretty much cleared all those in the group as townies since no mafia would have been dumb enough to kill him without showing their hand. We shall never know how it would have all worked out, but I think it's safe to say that even with his erratic behavior, Petr is probably part of the town, though I doubt he'll ever try something like that again. On to Barbara, I'm not sure any more evidence has really arisen that wasn't brought up yesterday. I still think that there are alot of other people who fit the same bill so we may be taking a shot in the dark. I'm still undecided whom to vote for, but I still hold that voting is our best action in the end for the reasons I stated yesterday mainly avoiding the penalty and analyzing the voting patter, now more than ever since Samuel's condition has arisen. Sorry Yan, while I was suspicious of Petr earlier, as has already been stated he's either a dumb scum or a erratic townie and while I would not argue with your point that a stupid/confused townie is as dangerous as a scum, they are more advantageous than a scum. Whether confused/stupid/noncontributive/ignorant/stubborn/or all of the above their alignment as a townie is what keeps this town from being over run by the scum. Every life we take by our votes either moves us one step closer to victory or one step further away (at least in terms of numbers) and reducing one of our fellow town members just because they are stupid/confused/etc... in my book moves the scum one step closer to their goal and the town one step further from ours.

Well, by splitting the vote we'll never reach a conviction. We'll have accomplished nothing today. Is that really how you want to go into the night?

Suit yourselves, but I'm not changing my vote. I still believe Petr has something to hide, the only way we'll know for sure is by finding his alignment.

I'm just glad I won't be on the non-voter list. To me, it seems most likely that those would be the ones to be punished if a conviction is not reached.

I have nothing to hide, and tomorrow, if I'm dead, you'll find that to be true. You're really pushing for this vote. I'm honestly trusting you less and less Yan. I think the reason you may want me dead was because I was digging so deep. I generally don't like the theory of turning around and accusing the accuser, but I was already suspicious of you and this certainly isn't helping my faith.

I have nothing to hide, and tomorrow, if I'm dead, you'll find that to be true. You're really pushing for this vote. I'm honestly trusting you less and less Yan. I think the reason you may want me dead was because I was digging so deep. I generally don't like the theory of turning around and accusing the accuser, but I was already suspicious of you and this certainly isn't helping my faith.

I'm trying to unite the town so that we can actually reach a decision. I've already said and repeated everything I've needed to say, and if that seems pushy to you, well good for you. I don't really care how suspicious you find me, I am only certain of one thing: you are dangerous to the town.

Plus, you never explained why you found me suspicious before I voted for you.

Quite simply because when I originally messaged you, you said you thought contact was a good idea, said you were a vanilla townie, and asked me if I'd learned anything since I sent out the messages. Everyone else I contacted immediately closed up and told me nothing, and I had to work to try to get them to contact me. The only person who would immediately jump at the chance of contact, but would not send our messages themselves, would be a scum. They would also claim to have no action, and would also try to find out if their contact had information. No one else asked me for information, nor did they open anything about themselves up.

Quite simply because when I originally messaged you, you said you thought contact was a good idea, said you were a vanilla townie, and asked me if I'd learned anything since I sent out the messages.

This is a rather startling piece of evidence! *huh* If what you say is true, than my faith in Yan is shaken. His vigorous accusations made him seem a bit fishy, but because I had a similar sentiment, I didn't question it. Now that you bring up a separate scummy move of his, I'll have to reconsider my vote against Petr, simply because of who I'm backing.

Yan, can you shed some light on this?

(Is there such a thing as an unproxy? :look: )

Really? That makes little to no sense, as usual. I would think the scum would try to avoid contact in this case. I was simply trying to judge your trustworthiness. Of course I would like private contact when I can't trust or be suspicious of anyone, when private contact can offer me an opportunity to judge someone individually.

I like how you're trying to turn this on me, by saying only a scum would claim vanilla and ask for info from their contact. Yet, this is exactly what you did. :hmpf:

Again, you're confusing the hell out of me, and that makes me all the more confident that I should be voting for you.

Yes there is such a thing as an unproxy.

On top of that, Yan, Patrick, and Stanivslov all placed late votes on Benji yesterday. Votes under the pretense of only a few hours being left and simply joining a band wagon. Rather nice at that time of day, to vote for a townie and be "unsure" about it.

Finally, to note, I WAS NOT KILLED LAST NIGHT, even though I was suspect to the town apparently. Yan's main hole in my plan was that it would be smart for the scum to NOT KILL me during the night, because that would indeed point to one of the eight I contacted as scum. and look who wasn't killed in the night. Small thing, i know, the chances of me being killed was low, but still... something to consider.

On top of that, Yan, Patrick, and Stanivslov all placed late votes on Benji yesterday. Votes under the pretense of only a few hours being left and simply joining a band wagon. Rather nice at that time of day, to vote for a townie and be "unsure" about it.

Yup, you caught us. All three of us are mafioso, because we joined the bandwagon.

Along with the 13 others that voted for him, including you, who voted right before me. Are we all mafia without knowing it? *oh2*

Alright, I'll stop looking for clues, you're right, that's a bad plan.

I like how you're trying to turn this on me, by saying only a scum would claim vanilla and ask for info from their contact. Yet, this is exactly what you did. :hmpf:

No. I reached out. A scum would never reach out because it would draw attention to them. But they would jump at the chance of contact.

Also, I'm not trying to turn this on you. You see, I already suspected you and I have proof of it, so you can throw that idea out the window. I'm exploring four people as scum right now, you just happen to be one of them. I do not believe they are all scum, I'm just sharing ideas much as you are doing for me. No reason to not say who I'm suspecting.

No reason to not say who I'm suspecting.

I'm not saying there isn't, but as of right now I am sick of arguing and am beyond the point of caring if you get lynched or not. Chances are you won't, so congrats on surviving today.

I'm going to bed early, and letting these people decide what to do.

This is a rather startling piece of evidence! *huh* If what you say is true, than my faith in Yan is shaken. His vigorous accusations made him seem a bit fishy, but because I had a similar sentiment, I didn't question it. Now that you bring up a separate scummy move of his, I'll have to reconsider my vote against Petr, simply because of who I'm backing.

Agreed. And as Yan seems to have confirmed the fact...

(Is there such a thing as an unproxy? :look: )

Mod note: Yes.

I don't think Yan is acting very suspicious. Petr definitely is acting strangely. His "plan" was doomed from the start.

I didn't feel comfortable with doing so earlier when you were just acting crazy but I will

Vote: Petr (Zepher)

Your evidence against Yan is hardly compelling. Your continued existence does not prove he's scum. And his behavior does not seem odd to me at all. What did you expect with a plan like yours? Even pretending that you caught a scum with it was ludicrous.

I don't get why people want to vote for Barbara. She seems innocent and hasn't raised any questions unlike Petr has. It's very late in the day and we need to reach a decision. I feel Petr and Yan's clear reasons, even though Petr raised that interesting piece of information, still has me swinging towards Petr. Vote: Petr (Zepher)

I won't defend myself further, I've already told you what you're losing.

And don't think that you're off the hook Ruxana. Even if I'm dead, Yuri still came forward saying he had heard you had a nasty night action. Want to explain?