WhiteFang

Eurobricks LEGO Batman Contest

One more question came to my mind - for the 1st category, does the vig have to be 32 by 32 studs or is it allowed to be smaller and 32 x 32 are the maximum dimensions?

It must be 32x32 studs.

One more question came to my mind - for the 1st category, does the vig have to be 32 by 32 studs or is it allowed to be smaller and 32 x 32 are the maximum dimensions?

It must be 32x32 studs.

What if I build the ground using SNOT-technique, it can be hard to accomplish exactly 25.6 x 25.6 cm. Is it okay if it happens to be half a centimeter more or less somewhere in the creation?

And what about overhang? Is that allowed in the category A-entries?

Edited by Skrytsson

What if I build the ground using SNOT-technique, it can be hard to accomplish exactly 25.6 x 25.6 cm. Is it okay if it happens to be half a centimeter more or less somewhere in the creation?

And what about overhang? Is that allowed in the category A-entries?

It will be just fine. ) I really love SNOT techniques! :classic:

Yes, but not a big one. Be reasonable here. )

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

This contest really got my creative juices pumping! I've got a couple good ideas for Category 1, we'll see if I find enough time to build one.

Thanks for giving us this chance!

Can't wait for my BL orders to come in, it was really hard to get some Batman fig parts, and finish my moc. :laugh: Still pondering about the vignette base... So many ideas, been watching all the movies/cartoons and read some additional comics as well. :sweet:

Is it okay if I do a kinda sorta repeat of someone else's? I would build it different, obviously, but someone used my idea in a multi-level vig when I was just gonna do one level. I thought of this in the beginning when this thread was posted, so it isn't copying (I think. :look: ) Thanks for the help, once this is cleared up I'll put up my entry.

Edited by darthnihilius

Quick question, I have a robin from the penguin/robin's sub set, I got rid of the green and threw in red and black legs, and arms with black gloves, can I use this Robin or do I have to go back to the green and red nonsense?

Is it okay if I do a kinda sorta repeat of someone else's? I would build it different, obviously, but someone used my idea in a multi-level vig when I was just gonna do one level. I thought of this in the beginning when this thread was posted, so it isn't copying (I think. :look: ) Thanks for the help, once this is cleared up I'll put up my entry.

I would think this would be a bit inevitable (I actually am in the same situation) but given that there are only 16 unique characters, it would be hard not to have some overlap given that (I'm assuming) we're going to have more than 16 entries in the Category Home directory.

Though I'll wait for an official ruling.

I would think this would be a bit inevitable (I actually am in the same situation) but given that there are only 16 unique characters, it would be hard not to have some overlap given that (I'm assuming) we're going to have more than 16 entries in the Category Home directory.

Though I'll wait for an official ruling.

Your entry MUST NOT be the same as other entrants in terms of built. Of course, you can make different homes/types for the same Batman character as others had used. It's up to you to decide and plan for the built.

Quick question, I have a robin from the penguin/robin's sub set, I got rid of the green and threw in red and black legs, and arms with black gloves, can I use this Robin or do I have to go back to the green and red nonsense?

For which Category?

I 'm going to stop looking at entries until mine is posted. I don't want to feel influenced. I'm halfway done and I want to make sure everything is my very own.

Your entry MUST NOT be the same as other entrants in terms of built. Of course, you can make different homes/types for the same Batman character as others had used. It's up to you to decide and plan for the built.

I was going to build a sewer for Killer Croc, but since that's been done I guess I'll have to find some other way to make a home for him. Oh well, mine will be original at least.

I was going to build a sewer for Killer Croc, but since that's been done I guess I'll have to find some other way to make a home for him. Oh well, mine will be original at least.

There can be no 2 same sewers, coming from different builders...

Well since I already built a 'similar' home to one already posted - can I enter it instead to the Raffle Draw (or is that really more a question for Hinckley?)

There can be no 2 same sewers, coming from different builders...

Let me correct myself. I realised how stupid I looked with this quick reply.

I meant, "There can be no 2 same sewers, coming from the different builders. Which means, even you build a sewer like the other builder, it is almost impossible to make the same built identical. There must be some sort of variation out there. So yes, it's alright!"

Well since I already built a 'similar' home to one already posted - can I enter it instead to the Raffle Draw (or is that really more a question for Hinckley?)

Quoted from Hinck's raffle contest,

You cannot use the same MOC you enter in Eurobricks Batman contest, but since there is no size restriction, come up with a creative little vig. Any MOC will do.

Hey, all. I'm new at this whole competition thing, so I'll have the occasional stupid question.

"Custom decals, stickers, cut outs and official TLG stickers are allowed."

What exactly is a 'cut out'?

I'm nearly finished with my entry and now I'm thinking how to take and arrange the pictures. Eight pics 800x600 are allowed (in addition to any linked pics).

Is it allowed to post, for example, two 400x600 pics merged into one 800x600 picture (and still counting as one)? It would be easier that way to show some details while still reserving pic-slots for overviews from different angles.

Right now I don't know if I'll use such double pics, I still have to take some trial and error pics with my junk camera before deciding how to present them.

Hey, all. I'm new at this whole competition thing, so I'll have the occasional stupid question.

"Custom decals, stickers, cut outs and official TLG stickers are allowed."

What exactly is a 'cut out'?

Welcome! :classic:

What is meant hee is some image that you cut out of the picture and atach it to your minifig, or the build itself. At least that's how I understand it! :tongue:

I'm nearly finished with my entry and now I'm thinking how to take and arrange the pictures. Eight pics 800x600 are allowed (in addition to any linked pics).

Is it allowed to post, for example, two 400x600 pics merged into one 800x600 picture (and still counting as one)? It would be easier that way to show some details while still reserving pic-slots for overviews from different angles.

Right now I don't know if I'll use such double pics, I still have to take some trial and error pics with my junk camera before deciding how to present them.

Looking forward to it! :classic:

The rules don't forbid that directly, so should you push it through, we'll have to pass it. But I personally wouldn't recommend doing it. Eight pics is more than enough to show every interesting angle of a no-doubt good MOC that you'll come up with! :classic:

Thanks, for making that clear. :)

Yes, eight pics are probable enough (even when switching between interior and exterior pics).

I'll try to shoot the pics after I'm leaving off work today.

I was just wondering, like the Eurobricks DC Minifig raffle, can I also enter the legosuperheroes.com contest using the vignette I've produced for this contest ... or would that be against the rules?

Edit: You can ignore this question now as the deadline for entering the last month of the legosuperheroes.com contest has now passed.

Edited by Darkblane

Good contest ill try to participate.

Bu I really not agree with this rule: "Digital backgrounds are allowed."

This could be a disadvantage to people that does not have know how in softwares.

I suggest to focus only on creations and MOC's. Digital effects there is no relation with lego.

Bu I really not agree with this rule: "Digital backgrounds are allowed."

This could be a disadvantage to people that does not have know how in softwares.

So far we had no digital backgrpound entries, if i remember correctly. So you don't have to worry about that.

As for advantages and disadvantages, it's not the background that makes a good MOC, but the MOC itself. Digital background can't make a bad MOC a good entry. So use your imagination and do your best!

Can't we extend the deadline a bit? This week is Thanksgiving, so everyone in the US is going to be busy and not be able to work on their entries. :sad:

Can't we extend the deadline a bit? This week is Thanksgiving, so everyone in the US is going to be busy and not be able to work on their entries. :sad:

I will discuss with The Penguin to see if we can do anything about it. No promises.