kris kelvin

Hero Factory 2012

Voltix looks really sweet. The colour scheme isn't that bad. :thumbup:

Stringer is incredible. No comments.

Nex, I love him more than I loved him before.

Bulk looks sweet and... Bulky. Sweet.

XT4, I still can't help but not like it. It's not that appealing for me. :sceptic:

If the lightning pieces on Voltix don't look like that as a result of photo editing, then I understand what Front meant when he said that him and other designers had "tears in their eyes" when they saw the pieces. They look great! All the sets look gorgeous, thanks for the link. :thumbup:

Also, amazon.it has the summer sets listed, but they'll be available on september, like it's customary for Lego summer waves in Italy. :hmpf: :hmpf: :hmpf: What is interesting, anyway, are the prices Stormer XL and Speeda Demon are listed for. Amazon often is cheaper than Lego Shop, but that it doesn't seem to be the case with these sets (Voltix is listed at 12.99 Euro, Nex at 8.99 Euro, etc). Yay! I wasn't that happy to spend 35 Euro on SD, and expecially not to spend 25 Euro on Stormer, that would be overpriced.

Lots of typos. I shouldn't type so fast..

Edited by Shakar

I'll be so glad if Stringer's amp armor is that detailed. Plus, I'm loving those new (lightning)bolt pieces!

Finalized pictures of all sets are on Kmart.com, except for Stormer, Speeda Demon, and Core Hunter.

Nice artwork and such.

Aww man, I knew I should have posted them before going to sleep. :tongue:

Strange how three sets are missing, but at least we already know the art of Core Hunter. Stringer looks awesome. Nice how we get to see a little more of detail of XT4´s new torso beam.

-Gata signoff.jpg

Edited by Gatanui

I wonder when SD and Stormer will get pics...

Well, there are at least smaller images of them and Core Hunter here.

-Gata signoff.jpg

Edited by Gatanui

Even Nex manages to look pretty bamf. Definitely looking forward to getting some of these sets.

Thanks for the new pics! Speeda still looks completely and utterly awesome, Stormer looks... better (just barely awesome) and I'm kinda disappointed that the bottom part of Core Hunter's blaster is red and not black. Still, they all look great, both boxart and set. I'm very interested to see just how many Waspix-bones are available in all the summer waves. I'm going to need it make a giant MOC soon. Summer 2012 seems (apart from the non-2.0 style helmets) to be shaping up to be Hero Factory's best wave yet.

Ah, new pics of the sets, that's nice. My thoughts on them:

- Stringer looks even more fantastic than before. I'm really looking forward to get him.

- Bulk and Nex manage to look far better by know. They were both not that appealing to me yet, but I start to grow on them (especially Bulk because of his shoulder mounted cannon thing).

- Voltix looks also far better now. Until recently, I only thought "Ergh, random pieces mashed together", but those finalized pics really make him look interesting although I'm not totally in love with purple (because you know, azure is so much more awesome than purple). But still, he comes with a whole bunch of nice parts.

- XT4 might be a good parts pack. I also like the overall concept behind this guy, but the set itself looks a bit weird. But still, he comes with a fair share of grey bones, and I'm a total sucker for coloured bones, so yeah...

- Stormer XL actually looks rather fat on his packaging. But since I'm also a total sucker for ice-themed sets he's still a must buy.

- Core Hunter looks cool. But I'm not totally sure if I want him yet.

- Speeda Demon on the other hand turns me totally off. I don't need any more lime, and I'm also not too fond of golden parts, and even all the neat purple parts make up for that. I might pick him up next year when his price starts to drop in a similiar way than it happened to Witch Doctor.

Anyway, the summer wave looks fantastic and is on par with the winter wave. The only thing I might complain about would be the colours of this wave since the previous wave feeled a bit more colourful than this one. And you know, no azure in this wave (just imagine what Speeda Demon would look like in azure instead of lime green).

Edited by ZORK64

Ah, new pics of the sets, that's nice. My thoughts on them:

- Stringer looks even more fantastic than before. I'm really looking forward to get him.

- Bulk and Nex manage to look far better by know. They were both not that appealing to me yet, but I start to grow on them (especially Bulk because of his shoulder mounted cannon thing).

- Voltix looks also far better now. Until recently, I only thought "Ergh, random pieces mashed together", but those finalized pics really make him look interesting although I'm not totally in love with purple (because you know, azure is so much more awesome than purple). But still, he comes with a whole bunch of nice parts.

- XT4 might be a good parts pack. I also like the overall concept behind this guy, but the set itself looks a bit weird. But still, he comes with a fair share of grey bones, and I'm a total sucker for coloured bones, so yeah...

- Stormer XL actually looks rather fat on his packaging. But since I'm also a total sucker for ice-themed sets he's still a must buy.

- Core Hunter looks cool. But I'm not totally sure if I want him yet.

- Speeda Demon on the other hand turns me totally off. I don't need any more lime, and I'm also not too fond of golden parts, and even all the neat purple parts make up for that. I might pick him up next year when his price starts to drop in a similiar way than it happened to Witch Doctor.

Anyway, the summer wave looks fantastic and is on par with the winter wave. The only thing I might complain about would be the colours of this wave since the previous wave feeled a bit more colourful than this one. And you know, no azure in this wave (just imagine what Speeda Demon would look like in azure instead of lime green).

You seem to be a total sucker for a lot of things. Have you considered the possibility that you might be a total sucker in general? :laugh:

j/k. I definitely am loving a lot of these sets, especially XT4, Stringer, and Nex. Voltix doesn't look bad in the official images, but I'm concerned that like at Toy Fair the blue color blended into his lightning pieces will make them match the other yellow parts on the set poorly. So mostly these images just re-affirm the opinions I had on the sets after seeing them at Toy Fair.

Stormer XL's box art is probably the most underwhelming of the lot. Stormer's strong point is his wide shoulders/narrow waist look- in other words, the "inverted triangle" shape typical of a powerful looking male body. The box pose, with the slightly open legs, the sword covering his narrow waist and the arms folding inward, unfortunately give the impression of a more diamond looking shape, which really looks a lot less impressive. Hopefully the back box pose will do him more justice.

Oh, great job vexorian! I'm saving those now.

Edited by Shakar

I think Stringer will look terrible from behind. I guess that's good news because it ensures I won't have to buy twice to have one for show and one for bricks. I'll only need a brick one.

Speaking of Stormer, don't you find it a bit strange that he's the one on a motorcycle when he's more the bulky type? I'd expect him to use something more...chunky.

I´ve just realized that with the new connector piece Stormer XL uses for leg armor and Core Hunter uses for back armor (if I remember right), it should be extremely easy to cover the empty backs by using another torso armor piece.

They all manage to look awesome on those pics. :thumbup:

-Gata signoff.jpg

Edited by Gatanui

I'm going to need to get XT4 immediately after he comes out with that new torso bone, same goes for Stormer and his new piece.

I'm definitely going to make a recolor XT4 when he comes out. He just looks so cool. And I'm certainly going to get two extra purple seeker drones (as seen on SD) to use on my ongoing HF WIP XL. Man, that's alot of capitals :blush: .

All look great. Just a few notes:

-Still not interested in Bulk.

-Loving the detail on Stringer's shoulders. And that ransparent torso armor scares me. Without back armor, I'm afraid he'll look rather hollow.

-Voltix's new lightning pieces look cool and I hope they look that way on the set. But I share the same fear that the color blending will make them look off.

-XT4 is great. Sadly, I hate the tubes coming out of his gut. I'd much rather prefer them coming out of the back, but that doesn't really seem possible due to the build.

Kalhiki

Hmmm, lately I've been wondering when these sets are going to come out. LOTR, Monster Fighters and Ninjago have begun popping up for more than a week by now.

Also, lately I've found myself really eager to get Nex. It's that I love orange+white, plus his chestplate and helmet are great.

Ooh!

Now that I have a better look of the new guys(save Stormer, Speeda, and Core Hunter :cry_sad: ), I think everybot looks great! I love the golden-yellow color for the top of the bags, wish that was used more often on packaging. I still love Voltix's color scheme, the lightning-bolts and the purplelilac armor pieces(unprinted lilac torso armor AHH :cry_happy: ) especially. I wish though that his meteor-launcher could have been lower-arm mounted, without a real hand it looks kind of odd. The only other villain, XT4, looks better now too. That part of the mold on top of his head looks like a beret to me, and now I can't stop thinking of him as being the one-eyed French, psychotic, four-armed robot. :laugh: The use of the possible system brick for the right claw/lazer is interesting to me, as are the wires coming out the front instead of the back.

As for the other side, all three have grown on me. I thought Nex looked a little odd with that glaring white torso, but it's not so bad now with the orange print on the torso. Is that a harpoon on his shoulder? I'm not too sure. But I am sure that Stringer still looks excellent. The open back worries me a little, as he is a 'small' set, but I imagine that can be easily fixed. As for Bulk, the lack of silver used to worry me, but now I'm not so bothered by it. The gear print on the torso is perfect for Bulk I think, and I like that the shoulder-mounted missiles match somewhat. Gunmetal and orange is a rather nice color scheme, but the one thing that throws it off for me is that red limb part used to hold the shoulder-gun.. it looks out of place compared to the rest of Bulk, but despite this he's still the Hero I desire most.

Thanks for sharing the photos, I'm still very excited about the summer wave, and the TV series too- I hope we get to see all of these guys in action(that haven't already been) soon!

Hmmm, lately I've been wondering when these sets are going to come out. LOTR, Monster Fighters and Ninjago have begun popping up for more than a week by now.

And all of those themes are undoubtedly better than this wave of Hero Factory. :tongue:

I found out, that XT4 has finally grown on me :cry_happy:

Also Nex looks wonderful, especially the white torso, which i can't wait to use in a MOC!

I' m not quite sure about Stringer though :sceptic: Translucent torso is great, but isn't he supposed to have other blue shells translucent as well? Anyway he is a must buy for me!

I'm kinda surprised seeing Bulk's box without it's "redness" but as Shakar mentioned somewhere in this topic, this bloodish-red sky will be quite scary for kids.

Voltix looks surprisingly good, after all the judgement he had, but i'm still not too proud of re-using Black Phantom helmet :sceptic:

I hope we will get pics of other three very soon!