Klaus-Dieter

2012 City sets

It is not supposed to match up if you look here you can see what I mean

http://www.freeimage...k_wall_0198.jpg

real bricks work the same way as lego, they stagger them to add strength otherwise you could have a case where all the bricks in the stack not being connected to anything else so they would collapse

No, but his point is that when you stagger the actual LEGO pieces, the brick relief texture will not appear staggered. Each row will appear doubled:

relief_bricks_1.png

There is a way to solve this on a larger wall that isn't meant to look like it's made of conventional bricks-- just alternately reverse the relief bricks. The end result is a wall of much longer bricks. They do not appear to be staggered evenly, but they do appear staggered.

relief_bricks_2.png

Where did the blue, trans-red and orange bikes come from? I cant find any information that they ever appeared in a set...

Well those ones never appeared in any sets, but you can purchase them on brick link, so they must be rare specially printed ones. I actually have all the colors except trans red. That one is way too expensive. :hmpf_bad:

I've just noticed a weird detail in the car park; the only security camera in the set is on top of the security office? Why doesn't the security officer just look out of the window insted of having a high-tech camera in the same place? :wacko:

I've just noticed a weird detail in the car park; the only security camera in the set is on top of the security office? Why doesn't the security officer just look out of the window insted of having a high-tech camera in the same place? :wacko:

I guess that the security office won't be standing there when it arrives the stores.

Possible in the front?

That would be better.

No, but his point is that when you stagger the actual LEGO pieces, the brick relief texture will not appear staggered. Each row will appear doubled:

Ah now I see what you mean, I have the city set that the bricks appear in and never noticed it

I guess that the security office won't be standing there when it arrives the stores.

Possible in the front?

That would be better.

If you put the security office somewhere else (even if the instructions may suggest to put it where it is in the pictures), and likewise the tools on the other side, you'll have two more parking spaces. Sounds a lot more convenient to me ... :sweet:

If you put the security office somewhere else (even if the instructions may suggest to put it where it is in the pictures), and likewise the tools on the other side, you'll have two more parking spaces. Sounds a lot more convenient to me ... :sweet:

Ah, but the sign points upstairs to the workshop....downstairs for wash and fuel....upstairs for repairs and oil changes. :wink:

Though it makes sense about the security office being located elsewhere. :wink:

Ah, but the sign points upstairs to the workshop....downstairs for wash and fuel....upstairs for repairs and oil changes. :wink:

Though it makes sense about the security office being located elsewhere. :wink:

Good point! I guess I'm going to have to slightly MOD the sticker ... :wink:

Thank you all very much for the pictures and links! :classic:

The City Park Garage looks :thumbup: .

Which I don't like is that there is a small "garage" inside. And it's really a pity that there is no real gas station with small shop added - I was so much hoping for a small shops with a refridgerator with drinks and a newspaper stand. And it's a shame that all cars have no car doors.

Which I really like is that the garage has three level, a car elevator, a car wash and a security office.

The Hospital looks :wub::wub: .

Which I don't like is that it has only two floors and therefore doesn't include an operating room. The ambulance is useless since we already get one seperately and apart from that it regrettably doesn't have car doors. The heliport is much too small for the heli.

Which I really like is the architectual design of the hospital and the interior.

Klaus-Dieter

Which I really like is the architectual design of the hospital and the interior.

Klaus-Dieter

I agree ... as much as I am disappointed by the overall design, I think the basics are there for a decent MOD. I think I'm going to use the parts of the 7892 hospital and create an extra wing for this new one.

Thank you all very much for the pictures and links! :classic:

The City Park Garage looks :thumbup: .

Which I don't like is that there is a small "garage" inside. And it's really a pity that there is no real gas station with small shop added - I was so much hoping for a small shops with a refridgerator with drinks and a newspaper stand. And it's a shame that all cars have no car doors.

Which I really like is that the garage has three level, a car elevator, a car wash and a security office.

The Hospital looks :wub::wub: .

Which I don't like is that it has only two floors and therefore doesn't include an operating room. The ambulance is useless since we already get one seperately and apart from that it regrettably doesn't have car doors. The heliport is much too small for the heli.

Klaus-Dieter

I don't remember seeing any interior shots? Did I miss a link somewhere?

I want a stack of those packs....OMG....so many fire fighters ! :excited:

It's about time Lego released packs like this...pity in Oz they only become available through dealers that import Lego themselves. :cry_sad:

The battle pack looks decent! :classic:

I'm really curious about the Female Firefighter's face.

Edited by just2good

Of course its 90% MOC, but still would be great to have this one as a separate set.

Do you see that red bus too?

{pic}

Link

The red bus looks nice! I know I say this a lot, but hopefully it is a set. :grin:

The red bus looks nice! I know I say this a lot, but hopefully it is a set. :grin:

Sadly it appears to be a MOC, no stickers i.d.'ing it as a set at all. :sadnew:

I think we should keep the chat on actual 2012 sets so we don't cop a rap over the knuckles by a moderator/regulator. :wink:

An extended bus would be a very cool idea for a new set, maybe if we ever see a City Corner II perhaps? :oh:

I'm not sure if this is news or not, but according to the March Club Magazine, 4206 is a Walmart exclusive.

I'm not sure if this is news or not, but according to the March Club Magazine, 4206 is a Walmart exclusive.

Which means it might be a BigW exclusive in Oz.....I wonder if Lego Australia will shed some light tomorrow on this set. :wink:

An extended bus would be a very cool idea for a new set, maybe if we ever see a City Corner II perhaps? :oh:

I wouldn't mind them doing City Square again.