Thanks TD :-$ Glad I could entertain you. You know this turned into the fight advertised in my sig, right? :-D :-D :-D fun times, fun times...

Ahhh.... it takes me back. :-P

Ahhh.... it takes me back. :-P

All the way back to 19 days ago. Those were certianly the days. All 19 of them. So much X-D and *wub* Good good times. Remember those days Sinner? :'-) Man, you piss me off...

:-P

EDIT: Actually in retrospect, I forgot I had flicked off the walrus in that picture :-D :-D :-D

Is there many other people out there that think building a LEGO set without opening the bag adds to the fun and challenge to the LEGO-building process?

Or am I the only "nutcase" around here with too little to do and too much LEGO? :wacko:

If no one have heard about it, the conspet goes like this: many sets come with all parts in one plastic bag, the challenge is to complete building the set without opening or damaging the plastic bag. Thus "build-in-bag" consept.

The 3219 Mini TIE Fighter is one example, 4992 Fire boat is another. The 4992 is a little harder as therer are many parts and the model is pretty long compared to the size of the plastic bag. Both of these two sets is in a bag with just a small stripe with clear plastic to view parts and the building process through. But that just add to the challenge :classic:

I have just built the 7724 City Advent calendar and 7979 Castle Advent Calendar, those are in reality 24 build-in-bag sets :laugh:

Some of them are realy easy, but some are a real challenge and take som time and patience to build.

I did that with the catapault I got out my calender today. It's fun but I don't think it would be to fun on some sets.

Hey, yeah! I once did that too. Let's build the Millenium-Falcon-in-bag! That would be a real challenge, but is impossible since there are lots of bags and you can't put the parts of the ship all together. :tongue:

Edited by General Magma

I do it with impulse sets, it's hard with the mars mission one, and the pirate one doesn't really work to well (to many different little pieces. You are still a nutcase though :tongue:

I saw the old thread( it was funney) I am planning to attempt to do this with my mini jedi starfighter that should be turning up soon. XD

Hey, yeah! I once did that too. Let's build the Millenium-Falcon-in-bag! That would be a real challenge, but is impossible since there are lots of bags and you can't put the parts of the ship all together. :tongue:

WTF!?!?!?!? that'll take 10 years! i dont understand how it makes it more fun but its definitely harder

I tried searching on the forum but could not find any treads about this. Can you please show me the thread (and maybe the moderator could add this thread to the old one)?

But I think this is fun topic, as I said, it adds another level in the challenge of building with LEGO.

... and about the "nutcase", I'm probably one, since I build exactly as the LEGO instructions that come with the set shows, I mean down too the LEGO-logo placed the same directions as in the picture in the instruction :grin::blush::wacko:

Edited by F0NIX

The I found it was I was in a thread where someone reffered to the time when Hinckley and Sinner had a fight and it was in said thread, I con't remember the thread though. Sorry

Why start a new thread when you can just join the old one?

Ya know, when I joined EB I planned to vote in the Beauty Pagent topics by Athos, make an intro topic, this topic, and then go back to being a lurker..... :blush:

Once, I built a tiny turbo in a bag on the drive back home from the Legoland where I bought the set after seeing that technique on Brickshelf. It was fun, a real challenge, and it was the least messy way of building the set, which is good when you sit in a car. I only did this once because I was bored in the car, and never did it again. I have a lot of patience, but that bag-building is a little too frustrating sometimes, even for me.

Tiny Turbos are best suited for this since they are all one piece in the end, unlike impulse sets which consist of minifigs and accessories and such in addition to the main build.

In conclusion: Bag-Building is a cool and challenging thing to do, but I don't think I'll be doing it very often.

Thanks for reviving this interesting thread!

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

I did this with the Coast Guard Kayak impulse.

It's a challenge, but extremely satisfying. :grin:

I think the most challenging set could be the Coast Guard Bike polybag instead. :tongue: I am sure that set will work well for a starter.

You know what would have been probably the biggest challenge-If you managed to get all the Daily Mirror sets then try to build all twelve of them in their bags.

I challenge anyone who A. has all the Daily Mirror sets still unopened and are willing to try it. The first person to post a picture in this thread of all 12 sets made in their bags gets a thumbs up from me. :wink:

You know what would have been probably the biggest challenge-If you managed to get all the Daily Mirror sets then try to build all twelve of them in their bags.

I challenge anyone who A. has all the Daily Mirror sets still unopened and are willing to try it. The first person to post a picture in this thread of all 12 sets made in their bags gets a thumbs up from me. :wink:

Which set are you reffering too?

I have the 4992 Fire Boat and HAVE built it inside the bag. The hard part was be able to see what you build through the small clear strip of plastic on the back off the bag. And the model is a bit large, but it nearly doesn't fit inside the bag...