XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

This is a bit of a daft question but I was just wondering...

With the release of the Lego Dimensions E.T. Pack in September, should we class the E.T. Minifigure as a Star Wars minifigure due to the inclusion of "E.T.s" in TPM?

What do people think?

Only if we also get stuff from 2001 Space Odyssey, which then would also be considered as part of the Star Wars universe.

What I mean to say is: NO! :wink:

Why? Because there's Star Wars toys in the kids' room in the movie E.T.! I can remember a Boba Fett. If E.T. would be considered not as a gag but as part of the Star Wars Universe in earnest, then the consequences would be mind-boggling as well as awkward. :laugh:

Only if we also get stuff from 2001 Space Odyssey, which then would also be considered as part of the Star Wars universe.

What I mean to say is: NO! :wink:

Why? Because there's Star Wars toys in the kids' room in the movie E.T.! I can remember a Boba Fett. If E.T. would be considered not as a gag but as part of the Star Wars Universe in earnest, then the consequences would be mind-boggling as well as awkward. :laugh:

The name is now part of Legends, but...

And they will probably be re-canonised, as they are seen in TPM.

Edited by Calanon

While I don't think E.T. should be considered a Star Wars minifig, I also don't think this is the right reasoning. Star Wars toys and references appear in other movies because other movies are set in the real world, a world in which Star Wars exists as fiction. Star Wars is not set in a universe where other real world franchises exist as fiction, so you can't really compare the two situations. It makes realistic sense for Star Wars toys to appear in some other movies; the opposite isn't true.

I think E.T. isn't a Star Wars minifig because I think it's pretty obvious that TLG isn't making a minifig out of an easter egg in Star Wars, and I don't think we need to complicate it beyond that.

Ah, but remember how E.T. says "Home! Home!" when he sees a child in a Yoda mask? That would suggest that E.T. was acquainted with members of Yoda's species back home. Also, the Asogians (the Star Wars E.T. species) funded an expedition to another galaxy, which could be ours. The only problem is that Star Wars takes place "a long time ago."

(Obviously I understand the silliness of this argument, but it's fun :laugh: )

Edited by DarthHank

Ah, but remember how E.T. says "Home! Home!" when he sees a child in a Yoda mask? That would suggest that E.T. was acquainted with members of Yoda's species back home. Also, the Asogians (the Star Wars E.T. species) funded an expedition to another galaxy, which could be ours. The only problem is that Star Wars takes place "a long time ago."

(Obviously I understand the silliness of this argument, but it's fun :laugh: )

Well, clearly the Asogian explorers travelled through a wormhole, which not only brought them to our bit of the Milky Way but also to our present time. Therefore it all makes sense!

Does anyone know the name/number for this round 1x1 part (with 6 knobs in the sides)?

I thought it came with the Sandcrawler UCS as I have used this part in 1 or 2 sets, but I can't recall which one and Brickset/bricklink database can't help me either..

28757326561_888849e07a.jpg

Ah, but remember how E.T. says "Home! Home!" when he sees a child in a Yoda mask? That would suggest that E.T. was acquainted with members of Yoda's species back home.

You're totally right! That seals it for me, I'll be expecting the E.T. Minifigure to appear in the next Lego Star Wars Visual Dictionary.

Was there ever an official release for the first order general polybag in north america? I know they were all over the place in asia and europe.

Thanks!

Does anybody know where I can find the instructions for the microfighter Y-Wing from the new build your own adventure book?

Was there ever an official release for the first order general polybag in north america? I know they were all over the place in asia and europe.

Thanks!

I don't think I've seen one anywhere in the US.

Hey guys, there used to be a cool MOC thread that I can't find, with system scale brick-built droids and aliens like the ones that come with the ucs sandcrawler (but much better). Any idea? I cant find it with the search function.

So... Why exactly is the 2016 thread locked?

Most likely because of all the talk (and maybe the links to leaked pics/thread) about the new Death Star.

You are not allowed to discuss/talk/post on a forum about the most anticipated set of the year.

So... Why exactly is the 2016 thread locked?

Lego has probably asked that we refrain from discussing the leaked images of 75159. I presume this in response to the negative comments people have been leaving regarding the "new" set.

Lego has probably asked that we refrain from discussing the leaked images of 75159. I presume this in response to the negative comments people have been leaving regarding the "new" set.

I highly doubt Lego would request the locking of a thread purely based on criticism. It's probably just because there were a plethora amount of comments dedicated solely towards pictures that were unlicensed by Lego themselves. Lego could probably careless about what owners of the previous set think regarding the "new" model.

I wouldn't say it's down to negative comments. I think Lego just want to try and control the leak of the images and ultimately this also includes the discussion of those images hence the mods have locked it to give the thread some time to breath.

I honestly don't think it's just down to derogatory comments.

Edit. Ninja'd.

Edited by Robianco

Yeah, I was wondering about that too. Don't they normally leave a message explaining what happened? The last page or so is pretty free of off-topic comments, leaks, or true incivility, so the reason isn't too obvious here. And since when is negativity prohibited? I'd just like a mod to tell us what happened so this doesn't seem so draconian on the surface.

Probably locked because the conversation is getting very leak-ish. And don't blame Eurobricks, they have a good reputation with Lego and don't want to damage it.

Just remember that this set is not for us - it's for people who missed it the first time. It's like any other collectible reissue, like action figures and the like.

Probably locked because the conversation is getting very leak-ish.

I mean, if that's the case I understand, but they didn't ban discussion of the rogue one sets - despite them being actually new. I'd just like them to tell us.

Josh temporarily locked the topic because people wouldn't stop asking where to find leaked pictures, and none of us had the time to constantly refresh the page and hide posts.

Also, the decision to lock the topic was ours; TLG isn't trying to censor negative comments or something. That couldn't be further from the truth.

Could anyone who owns 10188 give me a rough measurement of the circumference around the centre point. I'm starting to plan some mods for the new Death Star already!

Edited by Richpepperell

I finished building the UCS slave 1 yesterday, but the windshield doesn't connect very well. There a gap between that and the base (at the top if displayed vertically). Is that normal?