XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

I am not As familiar with the Old Republic game, So I am biased to pick the other two. I have the AT-AT, and it is a fantastic model, LEGOs best version of it. I do not own the Star Destroyer, but that ship has a lot of great features, compared to the Jedi Defender.

Ask yourself some questions.

Do you want a ground vehicle, or you want a flying ship?

Which is more memorable to you? in other words, which will make you happy in the long run?

how much can you really afford?

Everyones got different tastes. If you really like the jedi Defender, then go for it, because I am sure LEGO will never have another incarnation of it, the other two are already on the 2nd and 4th incarnation of it, and in a few years or more will be more than likely released again...and again.

(Though there is a great MOC by khatmorg, you can build, which I believe looks way better than LEGOs http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=82668)

Jedi defender has great minifigurrs, the others have just your usual imperials nothing special

Hi Negronicus, and welcome to Eurobricks!

For future reference there's a general Q&A thread pinned to the top of the forum. I'll merge this thread with it in a bit :classic:

Personally I'd suggest the Star Destroyer if you can get it at a reasonable discount (20%+). It has a nice selection of minifigures and a good mix of parts.

Cheers, Robin

Most recent Republic Gunship, yey or ney?

Personally, I love it. It's a very nice improvement over the previous versions. And with some modding, you can make it amazing. Not to mention its older, and PT sets'll probably become scarce. Go for it!

Most recent Republic Gunship, yey or ney?

Very iconic and loved ship, one of my personal favorite builds to date. You won't be disappointed unless you hated everything prequel with a burning passion.

Is 75106 Imperial Assault Carrier worth it? Also, does anyone how to make a custom Minister Tua from SW Rebels, with near enough accurate parts suitable. Thanks in advanced

Question:

OT collector here.

I have collected different types of TIE-fighter pilots (75031, 75095, 75008). But I have noticed that all the helmets have their printing a bit off center (about 1-0,5 millimeters). It's not much, but clearly visible. On the pictures on the box, and on Brickset, Bricklnk etc. all helmets have their printing perfectly in center.

Have anybode else noticed / experienced this problem?

Will LEGO customer service replace my helmets because of this?

^ I've noticed the off center printing as well. I had one with pretty bad printing, but I never got around to calling. They'd probably replace it for you, so if you wanna, go for it.

Edited by GuyDudeMan27

Is 75106 Imperial Assault Carrier worth it?

75106 is definetly not worth it ,except you want to get another Agent Kallus minifigure and Sabine Wren Mandalorian Helmet.Yes,the mini TIE Fighter dropping function may be cool,but the interior is too small and at the same price,you can get something bigger and better,like the 75094 Imperial Shuttle Tydirium which cost 20$ cheaper. :sceptic:

Edited by ArmstrongYong

I had one of my clone trooper who had a bad print on his helmet. I called and told them my problem and they sent me a new helmet with no proof of purchase required.

I have the Imperial Assault Carrier, it probably isn't worth the money it costs. It does have a bunch of minifigs though, and the build isn't bad. But because it's out of scale it's awkward as a playset & display model, so you don't really get value for bricks. For that price, probably pick up something else like AT-AT or ISD. But if you can get it cheap that is another matter.

Question:

OT collector here.

I have collected different types of TIE-fighter pilots (75031, 75095, 75008). But I have noticed that all the helmets have their printing a bit off center (about 1-0,5 millimeters). It's not much, but clearly visible. On the pictures on the box, and on Brickset, Bricklnk etc. all helmets have their printing perfectly in center.

Have anybode else noticed / experienced this problem?

Hi Bantha Fodder, TLG Customers Services are usually great with this sort of thing. A couple of years ago I had a C-3PO with eyes that were mis-printed and he looked rather odd to say the least! They sent me a replacement head free of charge; I'd just give them a call or send an email :classic:

Hey im new here, so im realy sorry if there is a topic for this, i only find some individual posts in some answers around the board.

Does any of you use your figures for something else than just collection?

Im a warhammer fantasy player, and have thought about start playing warhammer 40k wich is a skermish game in the future, therefore the clone figure could work as substitute for the actual model. have any of you try something similar? a game play where the lego models fit in? :-)

I find this kinda interesting if i could be able to combind some hobbies and get some fun out of it. It´s both expensivs to buy, so why not get more joy out of both?

Oh nice use of them! they are doing their job well then? ^^

No seriusly :-) I know a big part of the hobby is to cellect and assemble the lego, but I sometimes find it kinda sad i just have to put it on a shelf.

And im kinda over the age where i throw it all ower the floor and sit in the middle og af big lego pile :-/ tho i should do that some day again! :-D

Hi Meller, and welcome to Eurobricks!

For future reference there's a general SW Q&A thread pinned to the top of the forum. I'll merge this with it in a bit :classic:

A small part of my collection is on display in a darkened room, and the rest are carefully hidden away in their original boxes!

Cheers, Robin

Yes actually! Well, sort of. Does it count if the only player is me? :blush:

I've got a 32x32 baseplate set up in, a tiny scale, some basic terrain, and a few units in the same scale. And I basically have a very slow game of Star Wars: Empire At War being played out on this baseplate.

Right now I'm planning a new map, I've done one in a desert so far, thinking of a city based one now. Of course, I try to only use the units I also have built up as sets/system scale.

Empire is a bit OP. :grin:

Yes actually! Well, sort of. Does it count if the only player is me? :blush:

I've got a 32x32 baseplate set up in, a tiny scale, some basic terrain, and a few units in the same scale. And I basically have a very slow game of Star Wars: Empire At War being played out on this baseplate.

Right now I'm planning a new map, I've done one in a desert so far, thinking of a city based one now. Of course, I try to only use the units I also have built up as sets/system scale.

Empire is a bit OP. :grin:

interesting! do you have some pictures or some basic rules or so? :-) could be funny to make a little game around it xD

Yes. I use different minifigs for the tabletop rpgs I sometimes play. In a fate game, I play a race that looks sort of like a werewolf, so I used a chima wolf minifig. In one, I played a brawler with stone fists so my minifig used the big fists from the #70161 minifig on a goblin minifig from one of the CMFs. My newest character in a pathfinder game is an investigator/law maker so I'm using the robot sheriff from The Lego Movie, big mustache and all!

I think there is something called brick wars that features similar rules to warhammer but with the added bonus of partially dismantling your figs and vehicles as they receive damage, it is played some times with factions with a common theme or a mashup of crazy creativeness (like star wars vs cowboys or space pirates vs zombie ninjas :wink:), you know, rolling a dice and moving certain distance and so on, and if there is not there should be (it would certainly be quite fun), but I am sure there was a community that did that somewhere on the net.

In my case, I keep my sets on the shelf and alter them to fit my taste, I also do some MOCing from time to time and enjoy swoshing them a little bit when no one is watching :blush: (I wish I had all this sets when I was ten).

Edit: I found it! you may find this interesting: http://brikwars.com/

Edited by Nom Carver