Covi

SoNE (Free Build) - Dude, where's my book?

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

It was already late at night, but someone on board of the Redemption was still awake..

[Covi]: No Mud, I haven't time now to play Virtual Chess. I'm still studying that Y-Wing locking computer.

[Mud]: <beep> <beep> <pop> <tut>

[Covi]: Don't know how long it will take. That computer really gives me a headache. If I could only find my notes...Yeah they would help me. Have you seen them around?

[Mud]: <iep> <bob> <beep>

[Covi]: Ah yeah, that's a good idea! I could have put it beneath my helmet in my closet. Let's see.

9473009675_597aa5de92_o.jpg

9473009677_34299ea79e_o.jpg

9475799254_3c8b40af47_o.jpg

9475799232_3f33ed6703_o.jpg

9473009589_52db0b2445_o.jpg

9475799148_23c45c9954_o.jpg

9475799130_18bafb3ca9_o.jpg

9475799132_ca92362107_o.jpg

Any remarks are highly appreciated. This is my first MOC, so I still got much building skills to learn. :-)

PS: When I was looking for a sleek chair, I noticed the build of Brickdoctor on the SoNE intropages, so all credits for the chairdesign are his. :-)

Very clean build. :thumbup: Liking the bed and the whole desk set-up you have going on, and the bookshelf is excellent. But is that an Imperial logo on the doorframe? :grin:

Lovely work! :wub: Very smooth, very clean -- I love the color scheme and the selective use of tan and dark red, and you've done a great job including some little details and angles and curves that really make this feel like sloghtly cramped quarters on a frigate. Very refined look.

It is very smooth and clean looking. I especially like what you’ve done with the bed, door, and the ductwork along the top. Great use of color on the closet as well. :thumbup:

Very impressive for a rebel! I really like this build, it's small and has just enough detail so that the walls don't look plain. I'm more of a perfectionist so a few suggestions what I'd change. Maybe'd swap the symbol next to the door with a printed buttons tile. This looks as if only the droid is able to open the door. Also the wardrobe has a nasty gap. Squeeze it together just before taking the picture. But on the shelve there's clearly a half plate gap. Sometimes it's quite tricky to get it all right, but it's well worth the effort. Maybe some arm rests would fit the chair too.

So losing your book eh? Next thing you'll forget your blaster just before the fight ...

Thanks!

No, it's a Rebel logo. You can find it on a Jedi Starfighter.

Well A Republic logo, but still works if used by the Alliance to Restore the Republic. It's a really cleaver build, especially with the little details like the bits I the wardrobe and the piping next to the door.

I like the military neatness on the room itself but the clutter (well not really but it looks used and full) in the wardrobe makes it more lived in- brilliant.

Have you made an Imperial one??

Brilliant build! Good to have you in the team.

Oh, and your book is just on top of the closet ;)

That's great :thumbup: :thumbup: I really like the seat and the wardrobe :wink:

Maybe'd swap the symbol next to the door with a printed buttons tile. This looks as if only the droid is able to open the door. Also the wardrobe has a nasty gap. Squeeze it together just before taking the picture. But on the shelve there's clearly a half plate gap. Sometimes it's quite tricky to get it all right, but it's well worth the effort. Maybe some arm rests would fit the chair too.

You're right in many ways. I tried to do it with a plain round 1x1 tile but I looked 'odd'. The one I used now is the only one I've in my collection and in my opinion I did a bit the trick, but not completely as you pointed out. The gap in the wardrobe is the result of using an technic pin to invert the bottom and top bricks. I haven't found any solution to remove them while keeping the wardrobe as sleek as it is now. Would love some help on that one because it's a technique that keeps me puzzled and I will need it for sure to have it better under control for further MOCs.

@ Everybody : Greatly thanks for all positive feedback!

I haven't found any solution to remove them while keeping the wardrobe as sleek as it is now. Would love some help on that one because it's a technique that keeps me puzzled and I will need it for sure to have it better under control for further MOCs.

I use these:

Screen shot 2013-08-10 at 9.35.18 AM.png

Screen shot 2013-08-10 at 12.47.20 PM.png

post-11254-0-11842600-1376152561_thumb.png

post-11254-0-93596900-1376164069_thumb.png

Aha the secret reveiled! Many thanks...so simple, but so effective, would never found that! Thanks, much appreciated!

Here's another way how I'd do it - remember that SNOT should always be 2 studs for 5 plates, which means it's cool to have a even number of studs or vice versa, have a number of plates that is divisible by 5. In other cases, you always have a half plate gap to fill, since one stud is 2.5 plates SNOTed. That's why I'd make your closet 2 plates wider and it would look like this:

closet.jpg

Lxf file here ...

Notice that the whole wardrobe is in 2 halves, connected only by the bottom white shelve. Also turning the light holding pieces the right way, makes your top red sqares positioned the same distance from each sides. Also notice that the center supporter is not attached to the bottom shelve. If you use the jumper plates in this situation, you'll get a 1/4 plate gap, which is impossible to fill!

It's also possible like Brickdoctor showed you, but those pieces always leave a spare stud or hole especially in small builds. They're cool for inside the walls, where everything gets covered.

Edited by MstrOfPppts