commanderneyo

Star Wars Rebels

There should be at least 5 seasons. Season 3 is set in 2bby which means season 4 will be set in 1bby. I know Dave Filoni would like to make a episode from The Ghost crews view of the battle of Scarif. So season 5 would be 0bby but would be before the battle of Yavin. I personally hope maul is not killed in the Twin Suns episode but rather leave his fate anonymous.

3 minutes ago, ChiefPie said:

I personally hope maul is not killed in the Twin Suns episode but rather leave his fate anonymous.

No... I'm seriously annoyed with all the "leave their fate anonymous" style endings. Either kill them or don't kill them. Speculation, especially the crazy ones in the Star Wars community, is rather annoying.

34 minutes ago, ChiefPie said:

There should be at least 5 seasons. Season 3 is set in 2bby which means season 4 will be set in 1bby. I know Dave Filoni would like to make a episode from The Ghost crews view of the battle of Scarif. So season 5 would be 0bby but would be before the battle of Yavin. 

Agreed, and if Filoni really wanted to he could even do 6, have Seasons 4 and 5 set during 1BBY and Season 6 in the months prior to Scariff. 

37 minutes ago, ChiefPie said:

I personally hope maul is not killed in the Twin Suns episode but rather leave his fate anonymous.

33 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

No... I'm seriously annoyed with all the "leave their fate anonymous" style endings. Either kill them or don't kill them. Speculation, especially the crazy ones in the Star Wars community, is rather annoying.

I thought Ahsoka's ambiguous fate was executed well but I do agree that it would be good to see some definite fate for Maul. I was kind of disappointed in Clone Wars when Maul was captured by Palpatine and "that was the end of that" style ending.

4 hours ago, Tariq j said:

I thought Ahsoka's ambiguous fate was executed well but I do agree that it would be good to see some definite fate for Maul. I was kind of disappointed in Clone Wars when Maul was captured by Palpatine and "that was the end of that" style ending.

I don't know, I kinda felt Episode 1 was definite for Maul. :grin:

Personally, I'm really wishy washy on that character. He was just cool looking in Episode 1, but I don't feel that gave Filoni a reason to move the believably meter that far to bring him back. So in that regard, I find it entirely ridiculous for him to still be walking around during the Clone Wars (let alone breathing). All that said however, I felt Maul as a character device was used exceedingly well in those Malachor episodes but yet again, from my perspective--the believably meter is getting tugged again more than it should be. I don't think it's a good idea (at this point, without having yet to seen the Twin Sons episode) whatsoever that Maul is within stabbing distance of Kenobi. In general it just seem fan service-y (although not as much as say Vader v. Maul), but more importantly I don't see how any confrontation would believably work with Kenobi's age. Rogue One did a lot to make Vader more threatening, but once you rewatch A New Hope...it's like he's purposefully wasting time with Kenobi (when he very much shouldn't be), and it just all falls through. The continuity is just not there for a fight between Maul and Kenobi in my eyes.

But who knows, Rebels is capable of surprises, so I hope the Maul we see in Twin Sons is more like the one we saw on Malachor, as opposed to some unnecessary fan service cameo. 

If maul will die in Twin Suns then I hope it will be executed well. I actually never liked him much until he came in rebels. Also there will be a Rebels panel at celebration. I think there's supposed to be a trailer and there will also be mystery guests so I'm excited!

As we can guess, the rebel base on Atollon will be destroyed. My guess is that the rebels will go to Dantooine. And at the end of season 4 they will abandon the planet and go to Yavin 4.

Edited by ChiefPie

I'm going to be fairly disappointed in the show if Thrawn loses or dies. This season needs to end with an Empire Strikes Back style moment, the protagonists largely escape but the future looks relatively bleak. This is pre Rogue One, the Empire needs to be shown having fangs.

Let the Rebels be shattered and scattered and make next season the Ghost crew laying low with the antagonists primarily scum and criminals. 

I wish they had left Maul dead after Episode I. He was one of the few saving graces of that abomination and his final duel and death was well done, so why they had to lessen it by bringing him (unrealistically) back I don't know.

As a 12 year old I was peeved with what they did to Boba in Return of the Jedi but I still didn't feel the need for him to be resurrected either.

On 08/03/2017 at 11:46 PM, Forresto said:

I'm going to be fairly disappointed in the show if Thrawn loses or dies. This season needs to end with an Empire Strikes Back style moment, the protagonists largely escape but the future looks relatively bleak. This is pre Rogue One, the Empire needs to be shown having fangs.

Let the Rebels be shattered and scattered and make next season the Ghost crew laying low with the antagonists primarily scum and criminals. 

He's either gonna be betrayed by Tarkin seeing him as a threat and sent in the outer rim doing dirty work or shamed because he lost. 

9 hours ago, RetroInferno said:

He's either gonna be betrayed by Tarkin seeing him as a threat and sent in the outer rim doing dirty work or shamed because he lost. 

You know, if Tarkin killed Thrawn I would be %!00 okay with that. If Kallus killed Thrawn, I think it would be a cheap move; especially since Thrawn knows Kallus is a threat. 

But Tarkin is perfect to do it. We already saw him use the entire Death Star to kill Krennic... Tarkin is just one of those jealous men who is willing to cut out any competitors for his goals. Thrawn especially poses a threat to Tarkin, since I imagine with his intellect; Thrawn easily could have been promoted to take control of the Death Star instead of Tarkin or Krennic. Imagine how Episode IV would have panned out had Thrawn been in charge instead of Tarkin? I imagine he would have taken time to analyze for weaknesses on the station, and sent a repair crew to  weld a metal grate or two over the exhaust port before the Battle of Yavin...

Edited by xboxtravis7992

1 minute ago, xboxtravis7992 said:

You know, if Tarkin killed Thrawn I would be %!00 okay with that. If Kallus killed Thrawn, I think it would be a cheap move; especially since Thrawn knows Kallus is a threat. 

But Tarkin is perfect to do it. We already saw him use the entire Death Star to kill Krennic... Tarkin is just one of those jealous men who is willing to cut out any competitors for his goals. Thrawn especially poses a threat to Tarkin, since I imagine with his intellect; Thrawn easily could have been promoted to take control of the Death Star instead of Tarkin or Krennic. Imagine how Episode IV would have panned out had Thrawn been in charge instead of Tarkin? I imagine he would have taken time to analyze for weaknesses on the station, and sent a repair crew to  weld a metal grate or two over the exhaust port before the Battle of Yavin...

Yeah but thanks to Krennic they had no idea what that weakness could be, he shot the enitre innocent staff on Eadu, before the Rebels killed everyone. I imagine other plans of the Death Star existed other than the one on Scariff but no one familiar enough to analyze everything quickly enough. 

And I don't think killing Thrawn would be any wise, Tarkin blew up Scariff because the situation was out of control and they already breached the data vault. Krennic was an added ironic bonus. Thrawn is a very valuable strategist and never seeked powers beyond his reach like Krennic, killing him would be meh. 

Good point. I guess Krennic killing off every engineer at Easy was a really bad move. Thrawn, for all his power and manipulation seems to be dare I say, humble not seeking power but obtaining it just because he deserved it.

Today's episode wasn't weird. Pretty much straight forward. I actually liked it and got a laugh at Ap5 at the end

1 hour ago, ChiefPie said:

Today's episode wasn't weird. Pretty much straight forward. I actually liked it and got a laugh at Ap5 at the end

Towards the end, I thought they're going to pull off a Holiday Special musical.... 

I absolutely loved that episode--utterly hilarious. And while it was somewhat of a filler, it did feel like it had important connections to the main story arc...well until the end... 

On more specific points:

Spoiler
  • Speaking of ending, Hera blowing up the Imperial Spy ship was ridiculously stupid. It was equally stupid that Chopper wasn't completely fried because of it. Yeah, I could somewhat believe Hera could overload their power by shooting over too much info at once, but not on the level that it would cause the ship to explode--that was just too much.
  • That said, and speaking of connections, I wonder if Thrawn will be able to correlate the rebel's position using salvaged data from the spy ship, along with the previous map alterations.
  • AP-5 is just so amazing. He's basically just Alan Rickman, but I could watch him singing in space all day. I thought the hilarious "clang" sound of him getting picked up by the Ghost flying in and out of screen was amazing.
  • We need more duel gun-slinging Chopper in our lives. Also more shin kicking.  
  • Shocking developments--Star Wars plumbing returns! More sinks and even a toilet this time. :thumbup: Both with tons of unnecessary lights. Also, the shocking revelation that Imperial jumpsuits have pants flies. :blush:
  • Equally as shocking, Chopper did not spike Wedge's drink like I expected he would. Frankly either version of Chopper could have done that! :grin:  

All in all great episode! 

I think that might have been the first time we've seen a Solo Musician singing in space!

My only complaint is Hera blowing the enemy transport via power of plot convenience. What the hell was that?

The rest of the episode was funny, AP's singing was really nice!

1 hour ago, RetroInferno said:

My only complaint is Hera blowing the enemy transport via power of plot convenience. What the hell was that?

Yes! I'm seriously sick and tired of the rebels having such easy victories like that and the Empire, which is powerful enough to keep the entire galaxy in order, hasn't even won a major victory in the show yet. Ridiculous!

It's funny that Dave Filoni knows that episodes like the recent one are fillers. I feel the ship should have just powered out and not exploded.