On a scale 1 to 5  

80 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

Let mighty Google Translate speak:

So, as far as I understand, the "Klickk blog" has a confirmation of TLG that it is a production error that Elrond has come with the short (hobbit) cape. It was supposed to have the long cape. Everyone who wants a long cape should contact Customer Service.

(I just saw that the English translation came much better out than the German, so I've just doubled the sentences... :shame:)

Now, this will be interesting as some people already have contacted TLG's Customer's Service without result. And I am curious what my figure will look like.

Propably jsut another case of different constumer service people saying diferent things.

Im sure it was a decision made at some point about including the short cape at LEGO, and that is how they mean to produce it.

But seeing as all the promotial material aswell as the packaging is showing the long cape they ducked up.

Well, if it was a decision made by TLG then it would be dangerous for the Customer Service to say so specific details.

Well, if it was a decision made by TLG then it would be dangerous for the Customer Service to say so specific details.

Certainly, but it isnt too out there to think this costumer service took a look at the packaging image and extrapolated from that.

Either way it would be good for lego to give some proper offical word on this, that isn't just from costumer service people.

I've emailed LEGO, but I have yet to hear from them.

Nice review! I really have to get this fig, although I know I'll have to pay a fortune too.

Masked Builder, do you happen to have the long blue cape from the Castle theme? I'd really like to see how this guy looks with the proper cape!

No I sadly do not. If I get one from LEGO, I'll update the review. :sweet:

Either way it would be good for lego to give some proper offical word on this, that isn't just from costumer service people.

I would assume in Lego's eyes the cape length isn't a huge deal. It's not like they didn't give an advertised part, it's just an altered version (I guess you could argue they didn't give us that half an inch oif fabric though! :laugh: ). Not only that, the Elrond minifigure is largely a promotional item. For a lot of people it's NOT the main reason you are buying the game, the actual game is. Of course for many of us AFOLs it's different, but many places don't seem to terribly worried about us getting the Elrond figure or the right cape shown on the packaging. Look at Gamestop, they didn't even seem to care if people got the figure at all since it was just a pre-order bonus. I would assume this is at least partly the reason for Lego's indirect, varying response to the issue.

I would assume in Lego's eyes the cape length isn't a huge deal. It's not like they didn't give an advertised part, it's just an altered version (I guess you could argue they didn't give us that half an inch oif fabric though! :laugh: ). Not only that, the Elrond minifigure is largely a promotional item. For a lot of people it's NOT the main reason you are buying the game, the actual game is. Of course for many of us AFOLs it's different, but many places don't seem to terribly worried about us getting the Elrond figure or the right cape shown on the packaging. Look at Gamestop, they didn't even seem to care if people got the figure at all since it was just a pre-order bonus. I would assume this is at least partly the reason for Lego's indirect, varying response to the issue.

For people buying the Elrond edition for 3£more, it's more of an issue.

Edited by deskp

Do you have the blue Batman, Masked Builder? Maybe you could try his cape on Elrond. Of course, it would have the pointed ends on it but maybe it could give you a better idea of what he would be like with a longer cape.

Here's a pic with a long cape. :wink:

Never mind to him with the Batman cape. :tongue: I have to say that he looks pretty good with the long cape. But I think the only reason why they gave him the short cape is because it came in a more recent set (Geonosion Cannon from the Star Wars sets). But I do wish they went with that longer one...

Nice review, Masked Builder!

I've been wondering whether I should shell out $30 on eBay for this, and now, I think I will.

I'm still happy they gave us the short blue cape, error or not - it will look great on Thorin Oakenshield.

I'll give a call to customer service tomorrow.

It is a beautiful figure. I was considering buying a 2nd copy of the game to sell off on Craigslist just for a spare. Now I'm wishing I had, although the hairpiece is being released in this color, and that was my biggest draw for the fig.

Did anyone notice that the backprinting for Elrond can be used to make standard Noldorin Elf Soldiers like from the Prologue of FOTR? I have two Elronds from my preorder and by flipping the torso his armor looks like the standard lamellar plate and this gives potential for making Second Age High Elven Swordsmen for Elrond to lead. I just need a couple more Elronds, maybe Gamestop will give me more if I ask. Also need some High Elven helms, maybe the ones at Brickforge will work.

Okay I have a pic to show you all what I'm implying by Elrond and his Noldor Brigade.

Hold on while I figure out how to imbed an image.

Ok here's an image to show what I meant by Elrond and the possibility of Noldor Troops.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/Alithar/elrondtroops.jpg

Edited by ZCerberus
Pictures is outside site guidlines on size. Please keep photos to no larger than 800 x 600

^That's actually a really good idea! I haven't seen many, but it looks like the best back printing used as the front of a torso I've seen.

Nice review, Masked Builder!

I've been wondering whether I should shell out $30 on eBay for this, and now, I think I will.

If you have a GameStop around, go check there. I got mine free just the other day.

If you have a GameStop around, go check there. I got mine free just the other day.

I already did. Nobody around here seems to have them.

Edited by Mr_Malfoy

Thanks for all the feedback guys!

Well, I heard back from LEGO.

Thanks for getting in touch with us in regards to the Lord of the Rings Elrond

minifigure.

We are pleased to hear from you! Unfortunately, we are unable to send out the cape

you requested because we do not have replacement parts for this minifigure. The

minifigure was a free exclusive giveaway for customers that placed preorders for

our new Hobbit game. We do not carry replacement parts for collectable exclusive

minifigures.

We apologize about the inconvenience this has caused but would recommend checking

some fan based websites to see if anyone is selling the cape you are looking for.

(peeron.com, bricklink.com)

Thanks again for getting in touch, Caleb. We're always pleased to receive feedback

from LEGO fans! If you could take a moment to complete a four question survey by

going to the link below, it will help us make sure we are providing the best

customer service to you.

Interesting. So it sounds like I was partly right in them not being too concerned with the minifigure/cape as it was a promo/exclusive. I gotta say though, I am surprised they referred you to a website to purchase the piece you want.

Mahtion - I purchased a whole bunch of the Elven helmets form Brickforge when I was building up a CMF army. The helmet looks really cool until you put it on a figure and then the lower back of the head is exposed and I've had multiple heads get stuck in the helmet. They might be easier to remove with the new brick separator, but they weren't easy to remove. I was very unhappy with my purchase. So I'll just end up waiting until LEGO releases an official helmet.

I do agree that the back of the torso is very fitting, especially if you look at the LEGO screenshots of the game. I may have to try that.

I would say LEGO may have planned on releasing the long blue cape originally, but then was unable to for whatever reason so they threw in the short cape and that ALL of the polybags will have the short cape.

I emailed them last week when I picked up the game and they said they didn't have any long capes available in that color but maybe another color might be of interest. I replied and they never got back to me, so I don't know. I'll just have to call them again sometime. But they didn't say anything about it being a preorder for a game and they didn't tell me to look elsewhere to purchase pieces, so that's odd that they mentioned that to you Masked Builder.

That is neat that toywiz will have them for individual purchase. That might drive the ebay/bricklink prices down a bit. Now I need to decide if multiples are worth that much for me. They definitely aren't worth $30 or whatever the going rate is. I went to every Game Stop in town and they were all saying they won't give them out unless you buy the game and it is against their policy to sell/give any out otherwise. So I think it all depends on who you talk with and some may be "shadier" than others. Although in this instance, I want to work with the "shady" people haha.

Im not sure if its been mentioned yet, but that code on the bag is

to be used in the LOTR video game to unlock Elrond.

Edited by Im a brickmaster.